Please help: Trying to track down a stuck battle issue

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hi, we've experienced at least one case where a battle gets stuck and won't finish. At this stage, we don't have good log information about what might be causing this, but these are the suspect cards (as these are known to have been in the deck of a player when this happened and are new with the new expansion):

Mega Laser
    Pull the Trigger
    Laser Spray
    Spreading Laser
    Force Field
    Gene Therapy
    Push the Button
    Flaring Laser
    Destructive Purge
    Radiation Bolt

If you've experienced any weird bugs, particularly a battle locking up, with these cards, please let us know.

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Flaring laser has when blocked do damage.
    Remember those threads that said it was stuck when they were using cards like: pulverizing bludgeon, pulverizing hack.
    Successfully reproduced the bug that Pulverizing attacks do against AI acrobatic flip with Flaring Laser.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  3. Jon

Good point.

4. Jon

Problem with that theory: this happened in Citrine Demon Portal Antechamber, which has only Acid Fiends, Frost Sprites and Lightning Sprites, none of which have blocks. I do wonder about Jump Back and Dodge though.

5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Good point.

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I feel Gene Therapy is the most likely causer.

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

There are a lot of boosts, some without images maybe they might be causing problems.

8. Jon

Woah, really? That's a problem.

9. Jon

Here's the list of boosts I think should come from Gene Therapy:

Forward Thinking
    Blind Rage
    Death Meld
    Rejuvenation
    Slippery
    Talented Healer
    Hover
    Kindler
    Firestarter
    Dimensional Traveller
    Spark Inductor
    Spark Generator
    Bruiser
    Slicer
    Impaler
    Healing Spirit
    Altruism
    Holy Presence
    Immovable
    Mindless Battlerage
    Elven Maneuvers
    Hot Flames
    Troll Regeneration
    Crusher
    Invisibility
    Adapted to Crushing, etc
    Retaliatory Mutation

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I said: ... maybe it might be causing the problem.

Looking at http://live.cardhunter.com/data/gameplay/Cards/Cards.csv
    I think it isn't the problem. I realized all the boosts without images aren't implemented.
    Also I don't think destructive purge is causing the problem for the same reasons.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  11. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

"
    Mega Laser
    Pull the Trigger
    Laser Spray
    Spreading Laser
    Force Field
    Gene Therapy
    Push the Button
    Flaring Laser
    Destructive Purge
    Radiation Bolt"

I've used Mega Laser, Laser Spray, Force Field, and Push the Button nonstop (and Spreading Laser to a fairly common degree) since the build dropped. I can attest they haven't caused any problems for me, personally.

Do you happen to have any more details about the bug you could give us? It's kinda vague right now.

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Could the problem involve things outside the battle?

13. Jon

All we know is that a battle (Citrine Demon Portal Antechamber) got stuck and what cards were taken into that battle. Unfortunately, we don't have detailed battle logs turned on for each battle due to the volume of players.

14. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Oh, I thought maybe the user in question had given some feedback on the progression of the match.

15. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

There has been 2 separate instances when I played co-op that the same mimetic armor caused the game to get stuck, this seems like the appropriate place to report, and I did not see it on the original list, cheers.

16. Jon

Do you recall anything more about the circumstances? Like what you got hit with? Did your character perhaps die as well as being hit? I assume Mimetic Armor doesn't always cause this problem.

17. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

umm was on attack of the war monkeys, one of the other people I was cooping got hit with,iirc a non effect card from one of the on foot monkeys in treacherous path the armor came up to roll and it just froze there. I do think it's more of coincidence that the 2 times it happened to me was with mimetic rolling, it's just I thought it was worth noting

18. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

My co op also froze during Attack of the war monkeys with @LieutenantCommanderData and @MrMuse. I will see if they remember more details about it.

19. Yup, we were nearly done completing the 3rd battle when the enemy froze during the card-drawing stage. I remember the log saying something about invalid command (maybe?) and "forced defeat" (definitely).

DunDunDun likes this.
  20. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

I recently had a freeze on my side, during time when I was supposed to be discarding, there was no prompt, and nothing to click on. I didn't even notice that my clock was still running until a couple minutes later. Chat was still reponsive. I reloaded, and got back into the game fine, then took one turn, then promptly lost due to an inactivity timeout.