Purge effects aren't removing handicaps from opponents

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dwedit, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Aren't purge effects supposed to remove opponent-controlled cards from the opponents, whether they are handicaps or not? I just used a purge effect against an opponent's wizard, and he kept the Squeamish trait attached.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Purge, when you play it, only removes your handicaps.

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Fwiw, this is a change to purge. The new info for old items is covered here, and is up-to-date in the faq.

4. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

It says Discard all enemy cards and all of your handicap cards attached to target character. Not removing an enemy handicap contradicts "Discard all enemy cards". I guess this is just a wording change now, but it also stops you from taking off their blind rage.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hm that is strange, and not how it should work. I'll poke around.

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Not sure what the "not how it should work" is referencing. The wording issue is precisely what I brought up in test:
    But if you're referencing Blind Rage, it is a handicap and so in the current form should not be discarded from an opponent (but will from an ally).

I still think this phrasing would be better:

Dwedit, I agree the wording is not ideal, but for now there are clarifications in the faq on precisely how it works.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

EDIT: NVM.

I remember the problem. (The reason it doesn't discard enemy handicaps is to get around radiation attachments.)

Yeah we need to reword it...

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

EDIT:
    This is my best expression of what purge actually does atm, are you say this is not the intended form?

I assumed the goal was to leave handicaps on enemy characters with all the new rad. cards.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It is, it took me a second to remember why, and I edited my post. Sorry. One note tho: it's not 'regardless of ownership'—enemy handicaps are handicaps owned by your opponent, i.e. Squeamish that they play, or Squeamish that gets attached to them by your Radiation Bolt (this is why we changed Purge in the first place).

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Made an edit as well but it looks like we're on the same page. However:
    The second (bold) squeamish should be allied controlled in the same way that burning cards you attach to an opponent remain under your control and are triggered by instant burn that triggers your cards.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No, and that's why we had to change Purge. The radiation attachments are owned by the character to whom they're attached. This is why Purge didn't work on them early in testing, and why we changed Purge.

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Mmmm, I see.

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I tested it before the release and I was incredibly disappointed to see my handicaps that the enemy attached with rad. bomb were still attached after purging it, then with some testing posted it as a bug and surprisingly it also did undermine arrogant armor.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We fixed that.

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader