Performance Issues in Steam Client

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jon, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

If you are having performance issues with the steam client (poor frame rate in particular), the first thing to do, as always, is to make sure that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.

If you find that that still doesn't fix the problem, you can try changing the render mode for the game. To do so, you will need to location the AIR application.xml file. This can be found in different locations on Windows or OS X.

Windows default:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\steamapps\common\CardHunter\META-INF\AIR\application.xml

or, if you installed to a custom steam library folder:

<your steam library folder>\SteamApps\steamapps\common\CardHunter\META-INF\AIR\application.xml

OS X default:

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/CardHunter/CardHunter.app/Contents/Resources/META-INF/AIR/application.xml

You'll need to edit this file and find the line that looks like this:

<renderMode>direct</renderMode>

Change this line to:

<renderMode>cpu</renderMode>

Save the file and restart your client.

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

neoncat likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

And unless you spend $5 or more, you can't have friends or post in these threads. :rolleyes:
    At least reading them is free.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I haven't had any problem posting on any forum (tried Card Hunter discussions and a public group).

I can't send friend invites (but I can receive and return them), can't post a review, can't chat (even when invited), can't vote on Greenlight.

6. rumpel

rumpel Kobold

I have another question regarding graphics performance: I do have a laptop with a on-board Intel card and my dedicated Nvidia GPU. The problem is: the game doesn't use the good GPU even though I set to do so in the Nvidia configuration for cardhunter.exe. Does anyone know how to fix it? The Intel one is so bad, lol. :(

7. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Is there any way of doing this on non-steam version? I mean changing render?