Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Great idea, though perhaps we can just use Drakkan's [Farming] Decks thread? It's only five months old, so it's still mostly current, and it has some solid tips to get things started. Later tonight, I'll probably take the liberty of reposting Jarmo's and Drakkan's suggestions above to that thread, since they dovetail well with a few thoughts I'd like to add. (j3st3ri, feel free of course to repost your suggestions there as well; I haven't used that kind of build much, as I mentioned, so I wouldn't have much to add.)

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yeah, I wish I'd read this before I started the other thread. At least they have links to each other now. I was writing the draft when you posted this.

3. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

4. Azgul's is the single best tokenless arcane item (and one of the best items, period) if you ever plan on doing any Firestorm farming.

5. Ector

Ector Hydra

6. Ector

Ector Hydra

You don't need a second Staff of a Million Embers, but Bloody Command is very good.
    I'd buy it before Heartripper, since the latter is overrated (you should place your wizard really close to the enemies to use it, and believe me, that's dangerous), and definitely before the 3rd copy of the Mace. Are you going to play two non-vampiric priests in one team?

raffishtenant likes this.
  7. Seems that way. The only problem is that I very rarely use humans. I suppose it might not be a bad idea to have around for a human support priest, though.

I was thinking of the last battle of Black Plume specifically, when they're going to be standing right next door the whole time anyway.

Almost certainly not, but even for low-level vamps, Vampire's Blade plus Drewg's has always felt like a good combo. Then again, I just remembered that I've got a St. Portia's Maul now as well, so...yeah, maybe I'll pass.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Ector

Ector Hydra

Just try Sprint, Team! a few times to justify a human priest forever :) It's the only card in the game than can move two chars 8 squares at the same time. You generally win each time you play it. I've got all three Bloody Commands since I want to try a team of human vampire priests... and when two vampires are chasing you simultaneously, that's really hard to counter!

Good idea! Looks like I need a Heartripper too.

raffishtenant likes this.
  9. Yeah, I can see how that would be pretty deadly in MP. I'm not an MP player at the moment, and for SP, I've found that the 6x Elvish Mobility from Superb Evasion will suffice when mobility is the name of the game. Now, if I had three Bloody Commands...well anyway, good to keep my options open.

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Yay reset! - items:
    Epic:
    Riptide - i mean she is useful in some leagues?
    Mad Eskin's Pin - or should i wait on something better?
    Legendarys:
    Azan's Icy Bulwark - 1 warrior 2 mages
    Fulg's Cleansing Pot - Volcano counter?
    Lt. Buckwell's Boots - seems like a lot of people are using it, but i dont know if they got it from chest or if its actually good.
    Luke's Iron Hand - woo telekinesis!
    Prillith's Robes Of Pain - sometimes i wonder if Blue Manchu are running out of ideas for names, but no.
    Superb Trickery - when Elven Trickery was introduced this item was my "life long dream" to get but since the nerf i dont know if its worth it?
    And finally probably he best one Vibrant Pain - is it worth getting? - i have one already and dont think i need more than one.
    Please help decide! as usual dont think about how much gold i have just tell me what i should get if i had ∞ gold, but i cant buy every item there.

11. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

A couple of things catch my eye in this week's Randimar's:

Deadly, Deadly Staff - Powerful and consistent, but calls for more careful positioning than, say, Blue Destruction. Burfft wizards are definitely a thing; I'm not sure if linear buffed wizards are just lacking a clever name or if there's a more fundamental problem with them.
    Wym's Fiery Bangle - Looks pretty good for a burning wizard, but this might be a luxury buy.
    Mouse Boots - I have one copy of Garalem's Boots for tokenless Flanking Move goodness. I also have one Hawkwind's Moccasins, which also give a lot of tokenless mobility but without the cantrips.

12. X_Sauron_X

X_Sauron_X Mushroom Warrior

Hi Everyone,

First time posting on this thread... I only have 2.5K and am tossing up between Reaper's Scythe or Forrtescue's Cap? I'm leaning towards the Cap as I want the Sprint Team for shenanigans in MP.

I'll probably make enough if I grind to get both before the week is out but just in case I don't make I'd like to know what people think is better.

Cheers

13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Don't grind too badly for a legendary you want unless you want it very-very much. And if you needed to ask, then that's not the case. You'll see plenty of legendaries over time and eventually you will be anyway short of gold again.

14. X_Sauron_X

X_Sauron_X Mushroom Warrior

Thanks Feleran. For what it's worth I pulled the trigger on the Cap as I'm going to stick it on my human fighter to see how her two Elven Vampire Companions like it. I know it's probably not efficient but I like trying things.

:)

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Do you ever run two warriors? I think I could find a use for three (possibly four), but for MP you definitely don't need more than six.
    If you want telekinesis I recommend Luke's over Eskin's. The gold price is higher, but it's worth it.
    I may be missing something, but I'm not impressed by the rest.

Flaxative and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  16. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Superb Trickery?

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I bought Deadly, Deadly Staff because I didn't have one. It's token price still seems too high to me.
    Wym's Fiery Bangle is very good for it's token cost. The sticker shock is the hard part. I farmed mine, so I can love them with no remorse for spent gold. If you actually intend to build a good burning wiz, it's worth 2500 gp.
    Mouse Boots - If you really need Flanking Moves, snatch it up. If you just need movement, you might use other boots until you farm Mouse Boots or something similar.
    Have it. Don't use it. Nerfed from Too Good to Not Good Enough. Opinions of others will probably vary, but I only give mine.

j3st3ri and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  18. Ector

Ector Hydra

Same about myself, but I am complaining about its utility, not its token cost. Dealing 5 damage is not that great, and the enemy isn't kind enough to keep a line formation for me :) When I am building an electro-wizard, I use two Oxha's Sparkspreaders instead.

No need to remorse: it's a great item both in SP and MP, it works well even without much support, and really shines for a dedicated fureburner. What else could you want?

I am buying them this week, since they are probably the best tokenless movement boots for a control wizard. 500 gold isn't that much to hesitate if you don't have them yet.

I have it, don't use it yet, but have some plans for it and strongly disagree with "not good enough" rate. Moving 3 squares to the enemy (probably several enemies) and simultaneously discarding their attacks isn't good enough? Okay, how many attack cards does a character have most of the time? If you're chasing that character (what the elves usually do), I'd say 1-2 attacks maximum. Thus, a control wizard without his control spell will be dead, and a non-vampire priest almost never has more than one attack.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  19. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

For 2nd place you have Azgul and Asmod's.

I agree with @raffishtenant about Azgul. Didn't see much about Azgul in MP but it's great in SP.. altough SP is flexible, you can use other items as well..

I just want to point out that Asmod's also a good item, used a lot in MP. And also has its uses in SP as well. Someone suggested me passing Asmod's but I
    decided to buy it - and I did not regret.. its tokenless with all 3 MP competitive cards and I see it a lot in high ELO MP.

Flaxative, Sir Veza and j3st3ri like this.