Leaving quests unfinished until EttSC?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Mr. Magnifico, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

I am only speculating here, but I imagine when EttSC rolls, the new items that come along with it will get added to general drops, the way that any module can yield either base set or AotA items even if you haven't bought the AotA expansion. I wasn't around when AotA was released, but as far as I can tell from old blog posts, when that happened players were given a free magnificent artifact chest every day for a week to help get them up and running with the new items. If there were any other special transition measures, I didn't see mention of them. I will happily sit at the feet of grizzled veteran players and listen to their tales of long ago if they feel like chiming in.

The reason I'm thinking about this is that I have some quests that I haven't gotten around to doing yet. I have all the existing commons and uncommons and all but a small handful of the existing rare items. So it occurs to me that it probably makes sense for me to hold off on doing any more quests until EttSC rolls, so that instead of getting (mostly) duplicate rares I have a shot at some of the new ones. Right?

Scarponi likes this.
  2. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Maybe we could have a "reset all quests" thing for 100 pizza?

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm not supposed to spoil too much of the expansion right now, but how's this for a hint that may or may not help your decision-making ...

Almost all player items in EttSC will be in a 3-level range.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I should also mention:
    AotA introduced leagues, and league prize chests only had AotA items for a while.

I don't know if we're doing something like that again, but it's quite likely.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

They were also free and gave figures as prizes (Gary, Karen, Melvin, and the geomancer).

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  6. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

Thanks for the info, Flaxative and Kalin. My mind is at ease, and I'm even more excited about EttSC now than I was before.

On an entirely unrelated note, it crossed my mind that if there ever were to be some adventures added in, oh, say the 19-21 level range, that would make 24 the maximum character level. Level 24 is an interesting threshold, since it's the last level before characters would start getting great ((greattoken)) power tokens.

timeracers likes this.
  7. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

That's a pretty big hint! Assuming this is level 19-21 content, we should be seeing a lot of interesting new (majortoken) items. Yikes!

8. Accent

Accent Hydra

Level 1-3. Hope you enjoy Unholy Nimbus!

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Maybe 18-20, because the only 18s we have are treasure hunts. Unless the expansion will just be more treasure hunts.

timeracers likes this.
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Nononono.... these will be brand new items, just as good as Unholy Nimbus! (which is the only level 1-4 item I'm still missing)

What I'm really hoping for is a martial skill with handicaps and legendary arcane/divine skills.

Magic Elves likes this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That's an outcome I halfway expect, but I'd hate to see.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I can make no guarantees at this point but I can tell you that this has been requested many times by very reasonable elements in the community and I'm on board with it.

There will be a nonzero number of dud items. But I think there'll be lots of very cool legendaries.

Fifjunior7, Accent and karadoc like this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

There should always be dud items, but the "nerfed to dud" are piling up with the intentional duds to form a depressingly large heap, so I hope the new duds are few. Legendary duds are just sad. I think we have enough at this point to maintain a sufficient "Rage at the Lousy Legendary Drop" quotient, and no more are really needed. Just my opinion.

Accent and Bandreus like this.
  14. Oh, so you're the one whom the RNG has been shorting on those to drop for me. I'm not sure for which of us I'm more sorry.

Kalin and PDXTai like this.
  15. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Before today, I would have said this was impossible as I collected over 12 of those useless pieces of junk fine legendary armors before finding an Orc Painting.

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

In my new account I dropped 9 unholy nimbus, 3 orc paintings, and 4 snobbit pipes before I got a Staff of the Misanthrope, which is what I was actually trying for. The RNG shifted a bit, and I now have 4 of the staves. I stopped counting the UNs, and the treasures stopped dropping after the shift.

17. Paprika2215

Paprika2215 Mushroom Warrior

Okay, so I have waited patiently for Blue Manchu to release a new expansion. It's been ages (IMO) since the AotA mini-expansion, and it feels like this game is losing the attention it deserves. Then I stumbled upon this topic, with mention of an upcoming expansion. I browsed the forums, but found nothing regarding anything of the sort.

So I decided to just show everybody here what a noob I am sometimes, and ask: what is this expansion that may or may not be on the Cardhuntrian horizon? And if it's really coming, will it be in the near future? Just to clarify, by "near future" I personally mean "this or next month"... I just hope this isn't just a rumor! :eek:

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

@Flaxative says he's working on it, but the whole thing, including the actual name, is still secret. There is probably a tentative "shoot for" date, but I doubt even it will be released before the build hits the test server.
    Now that I've said it, maybe they'll prove me wrong. ;)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Within the next month? I guess you have better chances of seeing a Kraktopus and Nauticor dancing the cucaracha together, than the next expansion hitting that soon.

But in all seriousness. You need to keep in mind Blue Manchu is a very small team, which is working on lots of things other than the new expansion, so they simply can't churn out new content that fast.

I'm pretty sure they'll be able to share some more info relatively soon?

Accent likes this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The most of the info we have comes from the Twitter feed. Also, you should keep an eye on the Testing forum, because I'm certain they'll want us to test this before it goes live (and they often pay us pizza for testing!).