[Prizes] Pizza Rewards for Guild Seasons!

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Greetings, Card Hunters of the guild-joining variety!

Starting with the current guild season, Janizza 2015, we at Blue Manchu will finally be getting off our butts and rewarding guilds for their monthly ranked match performances. Don't fear: past season wins won't retroactively win anything.

Here's how it works:

1. Every month, guilds compete for rating. More info on this can be found here, on Farbs's Card Hunter Meta site.
    2. The top five scoring guilds each season will receive pizza.
    3. Pizza will be distributed in the form of vouchers to winning guild leaders.
    4. Winning guild leaders can then give these vouchers to their colleagues as they see fit.

Vouchers will operate through the key system we are launching this month. (more info)

Prize Structure (updated 4/1/2015):
    • 1st Place: Six $5 pizza keys, total value of $30
    • 2nd Place: Five $5 pizza keys, total value of $25
    • 3rd Place: Three $5 pizza keys, total value of $15
    • 4th Place: Two $5 pizza codes, valued at $10
    • 5th Place: One $5 pizza code, valued at $5

The prize structure is also on the season page for reference.

If you want to see who's contributing to your guild within a given season (as opposed to all-time contribution), refer to the "Seasons" tab on your guild page. (example)

#

Questions? Comments? This thread's for all that stuff. Except complaints, 'cause, you know, we're giving you free stuff.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Is there a member requirement for the winning guilds? Prizes will encourage guilds to ditch poor performing players as well as create an incentive for people to form solo guilds.

Robauke likes this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Perhaps, but in single member guilds there is sure to be fair and equal distribution.

ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There's no member requirement this month. If we feel the need after seeing how this contest goes, we'll institute a minimum! Thanks for the good question :)

5. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Because I am a huge loser, I feel rather left out of this arrangement. Do you think it would be possible to pester the winning teams to slip me some pizza?

6. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

It would be possible for the principals of the winning teams to give the pizza codes to whoever they want.
    But if pestering becomes harassment then yeah, that's going to be a problem. :)

ParodyKnaveBob, FDrybob, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  7. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

So... what about previous winners? :-P

Shame past season winners won't get anything, but oh well. At least there is a reason to keep going forward!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Farbs and Flaxative like this.
  8. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Ah come on, it wouldn't hurt :D

(jk, really glad to see this added!)

Farbs, Flaxative and Stexe like this.
  9. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Hmmmmm actual incentive to join a guild... Really favors small guilds though

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The structure may change; this is a first shot :)

11. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

^ Have to think what size guild would be best for now and the future.

Are you free to change guilds? How does that impact the guilds rating and your own standing?

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

You can leave a guild on your own power, you can only join via the guild principle. The points you earn (or lose) while with a guild stay with the guild when you leave. But at the moment, the actual act of joining or leaving a guild does not affect guild score or standing.

13. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Ah, so you can send in an infiltrator to tank an opposing guilds rating! :eek:

Lord Feleran, Sir Veza and timeracers like this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

New optimal guild sizes.
    - If you're amazingly good: 1.
    - If you're not, but can find someone amazingly good who will let you tag along if you promise not to play: 2.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well since guild points are cumulative and not averaged, a guild of 10 people with a month's contribution each of +50 will be the same as a single player with a +500 month's guild rating. (Of course that also means prizes divided among 10 rather than one.) Last month I manned my own guild and could only pull 2nd because the last week I didn't have enough time to play to compete for first. I suspect actually it'll be a mid-size guild that will have the best results.

16. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

This is nice of course, but I think this will make people less likely to test out and experiment new builds, something that is very awesome in the Cardhunter community!

17. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Sounds like a case for just mooching and not joining that guild. See, I'm helping!

Sir Veza likes this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well, Sorcererers will ever be the guild for that :)

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

*takes notes...*

Lord Feleran likes this.
  20. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

It'll definitely be interesting to see how you go with this approach. Picking up Arnie has already been a very positive move.