[Testing/Prizes] November Playtest Report Bounties!

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Melodious85

Melodious85 Orc Soldier

That's how I've gone through it except I unlocked the treasure hunts. Priests are more useful after level 4 with the new cards, curse of fragility is way more useful than bad medicine. After level 6 they do come into their own more. Priests seem to have more of an interaction than they did when I played the first time around. Self targeting frenzy also means even with less attack cards than warrior and wizard they can make useful attacks more than they did before. I still think some players may wish they had another warrior instead of a priest for the first few levels but it doesn't take long to see their worth.

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks ^^;
    Updated my post.

neoncat likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've been planning on doing all the non-treasure hunt modules once each, through level 10. If I'm counting correctly, that's 25 modules if you include the level 1's.

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Erisian

Erisian Kobold

Level 15 seems slightly high for the first major power token. I've done very little grinding or shopping, but all my characters had 2-3 minor power stones free at level 14.

6. lobsterback

lobsterback Kobold

Hi Flaxaative, I played half-way through and here are my thoughts:

I went with the default warrior, wizard and priest combo.

Very nice to be able to self-target buffs like unholy frenzy
    Different to see that mages now get some of the buff from frenzy but I didn't see where it was explained.
    With all the nice legendary mass frenzy/unholy frenzy cards, I didn't mind spear of dark being reduced.
    Even with team walk change, those vampire decks are fun!

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey, if you want pizza, please PM me your in-game account name and a full write-up of all your opinions on the changes as best you can. Thank you for testing :)

8. lobsterback

lobsterback Kobold

Hi Flax,

My game name is lobsterback.

I really love your game and totally gave up on Hearth. I'd love to see and XCOM version of this one day. For the new changes i used the Surestrike in the early levels but when I decided to play multiple I unlocked the legendary items and picked the strongest team. With early access to mass frenzy and unholy frenzy I had no problems with any of the early levels using a fighter/mage/priest combo. After testing some of the new cards, I went to the configuration below and took on those higher level dungeons with ease.

[​IMG]

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Just want to give a huge thanks to the community for really turning out to playtest. The ratio of playtest feedback to forum arguments has been very high this round, and all of it is useful to us. To clarify, I'll distribute the rewards when the balance changes go live.

As a minor note, we're probably going to try to get some tweaks on the test server within the next day. There'll be an announcement, obviously. And I'll have more specific playtest requests. Keep your eyes peeled :)

Robauke, Jarmo, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Important update: I am mostly interested in playtest reports demonstrating the value (or lack thereof) of the following cards in multiplayer: Dodge, Surestrike Blessing, Team Walk, and any high-powered self-target cards. You do not need to run these cards to earn rewards, but your playtest reports should reflect on those cards, so make sure you're at least playing against someone with those cards. I will no longer give pizza for playtest reports that do not touch on these issues. Note that the changes we're testing have been tweaked. Read about the changes here.

(First post updated to reflect this. Also, I am no longer awarding pizza for campaign playtesting.)

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Important update: I am no longer accepting playtest reports. Rewards will be distributed when the balance changes go live.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm going to begin passing out prizes now. I'll update this thread again when I think I've handed out all the prizes.

Update: Ok, prizes should all be handed out now. If you've been logged in for ages, you'll need to log out and in to get the pizza. Thanks everyone!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    Melancthon, Sir Veza and Robauke like this.
  13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

received and spend.

Flaxative likes this.
  14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Received, and will be spent as soon as Cuthbert gets the winter fashions in stock.

Flaxative likes this.