Test Build 2.52.0 (13 Oct 2014)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

My main account had already completed both adventures, and didn't get either.

2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hey, thanks for the feedback on this. The chat button is supposed to open up the chat popout window, however that window automatically closes when it has no panels, and there was a bug with the test server configuration which meant the World room - to which all players are now joined during campaign play - was never created. That should be fixed now.

The chatpopout command is a little wonky and should probably be removed. It was just a stopgap measure I added before the chat button was available.

I'm making the Close button on the titlebar more visible now.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yeah, it's working much better in the new build.

But I thought people were asking to be able to chat with SP and MP players at the same time.

4. Questor

Questor Ogre

If the Jewel is a one time item like the White Star, then there should be a way to get it.
    I guess the weapon is obtainable through the normal loot tables, like all normal items.

Of course it would be nice if everyone would be able to get those items after the patch.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

2nded.

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Both of those items will drop normally, so you will be able to get them through regular play.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm seeing the noLoot flag on the Jewel.

8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ah, good catch. I'll either remove that or find a way of awarding it to those who've already completed the adventure.

Jarmo likes this.
  9. Questor

Questor Ogre

Find a way and add the Manhunter for those people who already played it.
    It would also be a good tool for the future, you might consider adding other items for the completion of adventures and should they be useful the outcry will be a lot louder.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Why would we want to chat with MP players?

hatchhermit likes this.
  11. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Multiplayers have the best mini quiche recipes.

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Keeping half an eye on the chat will be light entertainment while playing SP. Occasionally someone says something funny.

It'll make playing SP a little less lonely. We'll all feel more like a part of the total Card Hunter community. I think it'll be nice.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'd like a chat filter for MP/SP/All. If someone has an SP question I suspect it would often be buried by MP chat before an SP player pops back out of an adventure to see it. I'm not saying MP players chat excessively, but ... come to think of it, that's exactly what I'm saying.
    Maybe the wait time between battles is too long. Mini quiche? I think there are websites for that, though I never actually looked. ;)

hatchhermit likes this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Back when I requested 'chat in sp' - and saw it being requested a lot - the idea was, talking to the community is fun; it sucked needing to make a decision between idling in the MP lobby and grinding SP. Personally my ideal would be to have a global chat accessible from all modes of the game. Maybe we could have separate chat rooms for MP/SP-specific questions.

15. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Most games with hefty chat solutions tend to have global + contextual + custom + private channels. It's a huge stretch to implement that level of communication infrastructure.

I'd personally rather avoid chat tab proliferation and just have one global chat.

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Okay. As long as there's an "Off" switch, I can live with it.

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes, all you would need is a script that gives item A to every player that has completed module B, and run it whenever you add a guaranteed drop. Most of the code is already there (giving items and completion flags) and it doesn't happen often enough to require more elaborate solutions.