Report for disconnecting instead of resigning?

Discussion in 'Support' started by piotras, Sep 2, 2014.

1. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Hi. Some people switch off their browser instead of resigning when about to loose. How shall I report those people? Abusive behaviour?

2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Once it wasn't possible to reconnect so closing the tab worked the same as surrendering. Most people are aware of it now but still: is the 90s wait you'll get worth reporting?

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

If you have reason to believe it's done maliciously and intentionally, there's ground for a report. Not sure how this would be proven however, unless they blatantly say they intend to stall you? Remember that all reports have to be handled by Jon, so avoid submitting anything you don't feel is important since that takes time away from development and any other support issues that may arrise.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  4. rowspower

rowspower Goblin Champion

There is seriously nobody in the community that can be made a moderator for reports? Someone to filter them at least before sending a consolidated list of actual action worthy reports to Jon?

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Could 'standing' be a factor? Does a disconnect count as resigning?

6. Pengw1n

I don't personally believe outsourcing report checking to a community member would be a good idea - as that could lead to bias allegations et c.

7. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

There are people who do it repeatedly for every single loss. I don't want to name-names but there are quite a few people known to do it.

Honestly, they need to start dishing out warnings and bans more often. Lots of toxicity in the game from just a few players that doesn't really need to exist.

8. Pengw1n

Hence the expressed doubt this will be ever be outsourced to a community member. That's pretty much all I have to say about the issue, since I don't handle in-game moderation.

9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

We're constantly tweaking the reporting, warning and banning system. If you think someone played in an unsporting way, go ahead and report them. If enough people do this, the system will work.

Stexe likes this.
  10. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

For the record, I'll be reporting people for disconnecting instead of resigning under the 'stalling' tab, although it was probably created for other use.

I have reported for disconnecting only once up until now when I had a good reason (i.e. when I left to opponent with no other options but to loose). Of course this can lead to false accusations. However, let's make sure that the toxic types propagating this practice get all the reports the deserve and hopefully an odd report that gets to somebody by accident won't cause them much trouble.

One of my advice is wait and try to confront the person (anyway, it's impossible to report if the player doesn't come back). Normal players, if return, very often approach you and explain what happened. The toxic ones are back in game after those 90 seconds and carry on. Similarly to Stexe I can already tell a few players who are likely to end a game like that.