Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I wouldn't call Heartripper a must have for SP. I farmed all the high level modules with FS, Volcano and Fireball and that was more than enough to do the job quicly.

Bleneth's Frenzy Tome is one of the best items if you're planning a 1-1-1 build, because you have boosts for everyone. Otherwise, Bleneth's Frenzy Medallion is much better for melee (although Savage Curse is still playable for melee if you plan your moves carefully, I have used it in Chess Madness), and for a 1 priest 2 wizard build you want Skull Of Savage Iljin more.

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Have you done this since the FS nerf?

3. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Actually, I was answering to Wavy who said that Heartripper was a must have before the balance changes, which I agree with, but I was just pointing out that imo it isn't such a must-have now (I would still buy it anyway).

About my farming method, for the levels 15, 16 and 17 I put much more Vulcano (10 between 2 wizards) than before, cutting slightly the number of FS (though it's still around 14 between 2 wizards) and encumber (none) and the same number of Fireballs and other fire and electric spells. For the medium levels it's similar but with less Vulcano, and for the lower levels it's with mainly FS, just as before the changes. Oh, and I added some Cleansing Ray, Consecrate Ground and Bless to the priest. It may take longer than before, but it's still effective.

To stay on topic, I strongly suggest to buy anything with Vulcano that appears on Randimar's or the Daily Deal. It's really worth it.

wavy and Sir Veza like this.
  4. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hmm... I've just returned from a vacation trip. Don't like the new changes at all, except for the Randimar changes :) I'm totally confused about what's good and what's bad now, considering all the changes. Anyways, I have:

Meztiz Wyrmhide Robes. Would be good if BM wouldn't revert the Harnesses change. Now it doesn't look very good IMHO.
    Staff Of A Million Embers. I already have Staff Of Embers and Barnum's Staff, but as far as I remember the "ideal" Firestarter char played the Million Embers.
    Vibrant Pain. Hmmm... Still very good IMHO.

All comments are welcome.

5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Staff of a Million embers is inferior to Barnum's Staff IMO. I mean, if you are on a map cooking 3X3 squares of Goblins, then by all means use the item with as many Ember Burst as possible. But otherwise , I would stick to Barnum in general, and use Staff of Embers over Million because of the token cost difference.
    Also, I don't know what the "Ideal" Firestarter character is using, but I would guess it's White Flame + Million Embers, or Red Flame X2. I have Red Flame X2 but honestly using both isn't as effective as you might think. I'd rather the White Flame along with a mix of fire attacks, especially Flame Jet and Glob of Flame.
    Flame Spit is ok but I preferred the old version with longer duration.

Meztis Wyrmhide Robes, is a fun item for Secret of the Elder Mind. And yes, it would be brutal if combined with two Enchanted Harness (well, for the computer anyways). But at the moment, who would waste a Gold token on this when there's resistant hide which negates 90% of the attachments 100% of the time anyways?

6. Ector

Ector Hydra

Yes, my build was using White Flame + Million Embers since there were a lot of yellow tokens there: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/instant-burn-help-me-out.6067/, see post #6.

Yes, but the new version has range 5, which is crucial.

Sadly, that's true. The encumber was nerfed, and currently there are no good negative attachments to defend from. This may change in the future, of course, but I guess that we cannot buy the legendaries "just in case" now :)

7. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I usually use Red Flame and Searing Pain. Mainly because I don't have the other staves.

I still haven't decided between Heartripper and Bleneth's Frenzy Tome. I can technically afford both if I sell duplicate treasures, but them I'm totally broke and won't be able to pick anything else up that is Legendary for weeks.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

FARM, HATCH, FARM! You can do it!

hatchhermit likes this.
  9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

If I had to pick between the two I'd go for the Heartripper. It is the best item for loading up on Punishing Bolts while the tome is not the best Mass Frenzy item. It isn't even the best minor token Mass Frenzy item in my opinion. Legendary items will show up often enough now that anyone not named Sir Veza should only pick up the best of the best.

hatchhermit likes this.
  10. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Sadly I don't have the evenings to farm this week.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Me neither... I have to console myself in the knowledge that legendaries will come back later.
    Passing on so many sweet items!!!

12. Grimmace

Grimmace Ogre

Cant say i use my staff of chask much now that the range is 4 for punishing bolt,
    does seem quite the risk, when not guaranteed much damage.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It takes time, I know. If you have a little time, you might use the test server to recreate your builds and add each item you're considering to see how well they play. The cheat codes make it easy.
    I think there are quite a few of us with +100k gp squirreled away, but even that can disappear quickly with the abundance of high-cost items. It's important to consider purchases carefully, and to keep money in reserve. I can see you're good at that. :)

hatchhermit likes this.
  14. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Thanks. :)

Of course, the way my Nudie Run has been going it feels like farming treasure! I did 4 adventures, 5-8, and make over 100 gold!

I know! Gaaah!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  15. UiA

UiA Ogre

+ 100k ?!?! Quite a few? Probably not. I'm guessing its more like you + 2-3 other ppl in the CH ultra-rich club, smoking Dwarven Panatellas, reclining on aged leather chairs, enjoying Slippogriff Caviar.

Either way congrats on so much gold Veza you truly are a farming deity :D

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

100+k ?!?? I've never even seen 1/4 of that at a time.

17. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

18. kogi

kogi Ogre

Vibrant Pain?

19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

It's better but I would prefer Ichabod's Buckler with 3 block any cards.

Only if you think they'll buff nimble strike a bit to make it playable again. Right now it's mostly for maps where fly is good.

20. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Isn't fly good in current maps?