Release 2.42.0 (27 Aug 2014)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This is a minor release with a bunch of bug-fixes and improvements from our last big build with balance changes. We'll be continuing to gather balance data and feedback from the last build before we make any more substantial changes.

There's a new system in this build for rotating ranked boards regularly. You should see new boards in ranked MP from now on, alternating each month.

Cards
    • Move boosts don't affect moves that aren't played by the character (Team Run, etc).
    • Changed the Cleansing cards damage type from Arcane to Holy.
    • Fixed Armor on Flight Aura at 1 (from 2).
    • Fixed keyword not showing on Lateral Thinking.
    • Correctly made War Cry unblockable.
    • Fixed Ancient Statue duplicate trigger rules.
    • Added a bunch of missing trigger/keep numbers.
    • Fixed missing rarity on Sweeping Smash.
    • Removed pointless duration from Beam of Hate.
    Items
    • Reverted Xander's Mail to 2 x Officer's Harness + 1 x Reliable Mail.
    • Fixed Focused Medicine name.
    Deck Builder
    • Added an option to hide the new icon on unowned treasure.
    • Set owned status on items when removing/adding to/from chests.
    • Show inactive characters in mid-adventure and post-MP contexts (fixes item counts in these contexts).
    • Don't refresh module display when not needed (fixes client errors about missing module covers when entering shops).
    Quick Draw
    • Removed emerald cards from quick draw options
    • Fix for quick draw failing when one player times out due to inactivity.
    Multiplayer
    • Ranked boards rotate automatically each month.
    • Can insert temporary ranked board rotations into DB.
    • Fixed ranked game identification for casual match tabs in new regime.
    Premade Parties
    • Fixed an ordering issue in the equipment for Vein Drinkers premade party.
    • Fixed Mage Hunters premade party image.
    Adventures
    • Fixed battle count on Ruby Portal and Highway Robbery module covers.
    Co-op
    • Quick-draw characters are now named after their controlling participants in co-op.
    • Removing players from co-op teams on disconnect
    • Fixed co-op infinite passing after team-mate death bug.
    • Fixed hand size issues in co-op quickDraw team-mate card selection
    Battles
    • Various prompts (including missing party warning) are shown even in completed adventures.
    • Unfilled invitation battles are not spectatable.
    Custom games
    • Fix custom game serialisation after introduction of new ranked set field in scenarios.
    Battle
    • GameVector2D unit conversion is symmetric with respect to positive/negative numbers. Fixes asymmetry in push back, amongst other things.

Stexe likes this.
  2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

What effect does this have on the game? Can you give an example or something from how it differs now?

3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

4. Stexe

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The alternative option text is "Ingore New Treasure" -- which is AWESOME. George Romero territory.

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  6. Stexe

FLAX WHY YOU NO CATCH? :-P

But yeah, that is hilarious.

7. Stexe

Also, you might want to mention that you've rotated the maps to Crypt... that cost me a game. >< (Not that it matters, my luck lately has been beyond abysmal)

8. I would like an option to sell the items immediately when we get them from chests, this way we can sell the crap faster, instead of stack a lot of crap and then sell them click by click.

Bandreus likes this.
  9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yeah.. most times I open a chest it's like, "Whelp there's 5 more items I have to sell because I already have 3 of each"
    -Dilemna of a wealthy collector

10. I think that will be easy to implement, hope they do it in the next patch.

11. Stexe

That's kind of a big leap to say it would be easy to implement. What store does it sell to? Can you re-buy them if you accidentally sell them?

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

From my limited experience as a game dev, I don't see this as particularly easy. If you sell something by mistake, how do you get it back? I think having a sell excess button in every shop is a better answer.
    1. Enter a shop
    2. Click "Sell Excess"
    Done.
    If something gets sold by mistake, you know which shop to buy it back from (at the sell price).
    To me, it seems easier than deciding what to sell every time you open a chest.

Mitsuaki likes this.
  13. Good question. If you sell an item lvl 6 it go to the lvl 7 shop, if you sell a lvl 11 item it go to the lvl 12, if you sell a lvl 17 it go to the lvl 17 (or 18) shop, etc.

14. Excess is relative.

doog37 likes this.
  15. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I'm actually working on this at the moment.

hatchhermit, Jarmo, Bandreus and 5 others like this.
  16. Stexe

Sounds decent, although Sell Excess would probably be even better due to the amount of clicks saved.

17. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

This but not a regular sell excess button?!?

18. Nice!

19. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Fantastic! No more chest opening nightmares.

Although at this point, I want to stop opening Magnificent chests altogether. For the measly 9+ gold worth of junk I get out of it, it's hardly worthwhile for me.
    Which is unfortunate, as I'm sure that newer players would be thrilled with most of the items.

20. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'd actually question how the loot system works, and I always had a number of problems with the whole process which I think should rather be addressed at the design level. I'll put a few thoughts out up front to make my reasoning clearer.

1) Due to the nature of CH, I think it's fair to assume players (newer ones, especially) should be encouraged into growing their collection rather than selling seemingly useless stuff for a few GPs. I've seen many complains, both in the forums and in the lobby, from people who sold stuff without realizing they would really much need it later down the road (drawback-cards items are especially subject to this).
    2) Under the current design, you get no use out of excess equipment other than selling (there's no trading or otherwise any other sink for items). While excess loot only really starts being a problem once your collection gets significantly large, it should be noted treasures alone already require quite some fairly tedious clicking.

I'm worried that the ability to sell stuff right off the loot screen would be really dangerous for newer players (they might sell stuff they don't immediately recognize as useful). Furthermore, I'd prefer the design to avoid unnecessary converting-items into gold clicking, making it so a sell-excess function would be unnecessary.

I.e. I'd really like straight out gold-drops instead of treasure (the only use for treasure is selling it anyways). In addition to that, I'd like excess loot to be automatically converted into an equivalent gold-drop. So, if the RNG rolled what would be my 10th Vibrant Pain, I'd be awarded the same amount of gold I would get by selling it instead.

I do realize some people enjoy collecting impossible amounts of stuff. I also realize there's meaningful decision-making in making up your mind about selling some of your equipment in order to buy items from shop. And yet I believe the design can be further streamlined, making the whole experience much more enjoyable.

For instance, treasures could still be kept in the game by raising up their gp-value as well as their rarity. You'd still get the nice thrill from striking a high-value drop, but converting treasure (and excess crap) into gold would not be the chore it is now.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Flaxative, Kalin, Jacques and 2 others like this.