Co-op is live!

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Farbs, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Edited the thread title because THIS JUST HIT LIVE.

Bandreus and Flaxative like this.
  2. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

ooooh I gotta try this... :}

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

What's the command to leave a team?

4. Farbs

team leave

You can also use team help to list all the subcommands.

5. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

LFG! :-}

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Nice thinking but you did half of the work. Moving the thread to the general section would have been appropriate ^^

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Very excited to see this get more action. Is the plan to develop the interface more based on feedback from live server coop playtests?

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Just had a thought, would it be difficult to adapt co-op into a battle royale, last man standing game ? Ie, do away with VPs and GMs. Say I invite Sir Knight, Farbs, Jon and join a custom game. On my screen, I'd only see my 1 character and the turn order is as invite order. We play till 1 char remains. Feasible ?

Squidy likes this.
  9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'm not sure I got what you mean exactly. Do you mean Free For All style (all players simultaneously on the board) or King of the Hill style (the winner of each 1v1 gets to fight next player in line until a final winner is determined)?

10. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

First one.

11. Farbs

Battle Royale sounds fun, but would be a little tricky yeah. The "proper" way to do it would be very different to how we implemented co-op, since co-op actually still uses two Player objects, but links each ActorGroup to a Participant, which roughly equates to a person sitting at a computer. Battle Royale done properly would have multiple Player objects, which isn't impossible but would definitely freak out our existing client interface.

You could get most of the way there right now using existing co-op though, if you don't mind seeing each other's cards. All you'd need to do is:
    * Create a team
    * Create a custom scenario where player 2 (played by the AI) doesn't get any characters and therefore just doesn't do anything
    * Disable target assist, or just hold Ctrl/Command a lot

If this format takes off we can no doubt look at additional support for it, eg hiding team-mate's cards (which a few people have asked for anyway).

Phaselock and Squidy like this.
  12. Farbs

Yep! Also that'll help us find bugs, should there be any.

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Awesome. Since its feasible, I'll make a dedicated thread on F&B and maybe throw in a pre-vis, thks!

14. Avagantamos

Avagantamos Kobold

Do you guys ever plan to release specific co-op content? Such as like raids or dungeons? Basically encounters that would require more people to complete and reward chests at the end.

timeracers likes this.