[bug/Gotcha!?] sparkling cloth armor + lava == doom

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by neoncat, Apr 27, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

0) During start of round, character holding sparkling cloth armor is standing on lava tile.
    1) Tile damage triggers (7-8 damage), activating sparkling cloth armor's ability to move
    2) Character moves to another square above and/or to the right.
    3) Tile damage triggers (additional 7-8 damage)...

This is due to the fact that tile effects are activated from the bottom-left to the top-right of the map. If the character had moved down and/or to the left at step 2, it wouldn't have taken damage.

I don't know if this can be "fixed", but it's a horrendous assymmetry that you only discover by losing to it (or in my case, winning by it).

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yeah, I'm not sure we can fix/change this.

3. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Seems like it's related to the crude plates/lava thing as well.
    I think a solution would be to evaluate all terrain attachments, and if someone is standing on that terrain, note that in a queue. Then after you've finished looking at all terrain attachments, replay the queue. That way you wouldn't have terrain effects triggering more than once.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks for posting this, it's a pretty mean Gotcha!

5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I did not flag this on test since its not the first armor to behave this way wrt to terrain damage. The blanket fix is to make armor not react to terrain damage where movement effects are concerned. And I seem to recall a similar suggestion by Sir Knight during beta/release ?

Crude Plates
    Suggestion: Armor 4. This armor doesn't prevent damage from attacks behind you. If this Armor prevents damage from non-terrain attacks, move back 1.

Sparkling Cloth Armor
    Suggestion: When you take damage from an enemy non-terrain card, you Move 3. Keep.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How about:
    "Armor 4. If this armor prevents damage, move back 1. This armor only protects against attacks from in front of you. Keep."
    Then it would ignore terrain and char attachments.

7. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

another question regarding sparking. i got hit by a enemy traveling curse..shouldn't i move 3? the card come from my deck sure, but its a ENEMY card

neoncat likes this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I think once it goes into your deck, it's considered your card.

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Aeufe is cursed, and then passes the curse along.
    Reliable Hide Armor reduced damage to Aeufe by 1.
    Sparkling Cloth Armor failed!
    Aeufe took 4 Unholy damage.

Aeufe had Martyr Blessing attached. Traveling curse did not proc SCA or Martyr Blessing.