Attack of the Artifacts Launches Friday 25 April!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

So, we're finally ready to release the Attack of the Artifacts expansion! The game server will be going down tomorrow (local times below) and will come back up with the expansion content available, including all the new cards, items, adventures and the league system.
    • GMT: Friday 25 April 12am
    • US (PST): Thursday 24 April 5pm
    • US (EST): Thursday 24 April 8pm
    • Australia (AEST): Friday 25 April 10am
    Check this blog post for more details including details on the free chests and leagues that we'll be running during the release week.

Jayce, Farbs, progammer and 7 others like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Looking forward to it, especially to see how the new items affect the pvp season.
    Now that we're almost there, do you have any estimate on whether (or how soon until) you'll be working on balance of the base set content? Or is that just not in the cards at all? I'm not super worried either way, just curious :)

3. Jon

It's something I'm still thinking about. I'll be curious to see if and how the new cards/items affects things.

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Is it possible to see the deck's cards before playing a fixed league so that players don't have to waste time reading them in the match? Specially those that aren't normally playable. Because I saw the geomancer's video and there are quite a few of these exclusive cards. I'm asking because the time players will have is pretty reduced.

Flaxative and neoncat like this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Good point, maybe they could be on the league webpages?

6. Jon

Yes, I've been meaning to do this, but just haven't got to it. Hopefully I can find time before tomorrow.

Jacques likes this.
  7. Jon

Done.

http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/league-deck-lists.5630/

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Awesome, I'm looking forward to playing again. Might even get into MP with the Leagues...

Ben_Lee and Wozarg like this.
  9. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

10. progammer

progammer Ogre

Time to come back :)

Ben_Lee, Farbs, Jon and 2 others like this.
  11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The blood moon has passed and it is now time for the foretold return of the demon! Tremble in fear or stay your ground and try your best, either way i will be smiling.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Pengw1n, Farbs and Jon like this.
  12. Jon

We're up!

13. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh ho, I didn't notice the shuffling of locations in Multiplayer before. Item Island!

And Tournamentria LIVES!

Jayce and Flaxative like this.
  14. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

Thank you kindly for the lovely new content!

Ben_Lee and Flaxative like this.
  15. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Just got the email. Grats, guys. Looking forward to seeing what's new.

Edit: The linked video was really adorable by the way, and I mean that compliment in the manliest way possible. :)
    I can't wait to find out what the beholder made of tongues is called. Betaster?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Pengw1n likes this.
  16. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Only played the first adventure so far and then got the bundle of new maps. You guys completely lived up to my expectations and that is a big compliment because i have great expectations of you all and of this game.

PS the "boss" really made me smile who ever came up with that double pats on the back.

Edit 1
    The first map on the first level 18 is of questionable difficulty i have to say. The rust monsters seem to have too many free attacks in combination with too many move 5 draw 2 cards or just too many cards in general.

Also won every match in my first league woo

Edit 2
    2 leagues 2 excellent costumes lets keep this rolling! Also huzzah to i assume Ben for the cool prize models very nicely done.

Edit 3
    Figured out the rust monsters... Sneaky sneaky bluemanchu.
    And 3 leagues 3 figures now to see if my luck keeps up and i get geomancer as well.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Megadestructo likes this.
  17. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Wozarg, how long have you been a "Thaumaturge"? That's a new one to me.

18. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Since yesterday i think

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nope, since before.

Actually I noticed it happen—When I hit 113 trophy points, graduating from a Cerulean Dragon to a Thaumaturge, a bunch of people with 83 trophy points all got the new title with me. It was kind of weird. :p

20. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I was telling him when i got it not when the title was implemented.