[Question] Paypal sandbox

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Kalin, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How exactly does the Paypal sandbox work? It says Card Hunter's Test Store and www.sandbox.paypal.com, but it still asks for my Paypal account info and has a price > 0.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Wow, that's a lot of work. And they won't let me use "friend" as a password.:(

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Will they let you use enemy?

5. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

Do I have to enter real paypal info?

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

No, and you shouldn't. Just create a new developer paypal account for sandbox use. I'm not sure whether you can use the same email address as your real account. I used a different one.

EDIT: I just remembered you can't use the same e-mail address as your real PayPal account uses. I tried it when I created mine some months ago and got a weird error.

7. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

won't I get an error if i don't type in credit card information?

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Follow the instructions Pengw1n linked above and you won't need to enter it. A fake card and bank account will be automatically created for the developer account.

There was one difference to the instructions when I did it, just accept the default and it's ok. It might have been "bank verified" had to be answered yes, but it didn't cause any issues.

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Are the instructions above still valid? I'm (finally, months later) trying to follow them, and it sounds like only developers are allowed to have test accounts.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It would be nice if BM just set up an account for all testers to share.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I managed to get one set up, but it took several tries. The 'Buyer' button wasn't present at the point I was supposed to click it (tried 4 browsers), so I went through lots of help pages and other attempts. When I finally got one that worked, I couldn't remember how I did it.

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I'm not at all sure you're allowed to share PayPal sandbox accounts. If not, it would be a really bad idea for BM to break the rules. Does anyone know whether PayPal offers the possibility of a shared sandbox account?

Mine has worked fine for months and I recall no special trouble setting it up. There was only one deviation from the old instructions (details in my earlier post, #8).

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Do you remember if you created a developer account first?

EDIT: Tried going into www.sandbox.paypal.com instead, and it's still demanding a good password and full contact info. Why can't PayPal create a bunch of test accounts with permanent balances for people to use?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I created a developer account initially, but deleted it (which was a pain to find out how to do) before I finally got a buyer account that worked.