[Wild speculation] So what's your definition of "very cool things"?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Clearly this refers to the upcoming inclusion of a mimic chest that will spawn randomly on maps and drop a guaranteed epic item or above drop for players that successfully clear the map and the mimic.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Looks like testing is getting close. No new build message however, so could still be a few days off. Guessing it won't go up on test before the new live build is out.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

"I'd like to see the green one."
    *chest casts Acid Spray*
    "Ack! Maybe the red one instead?"
    *chest casts Fireball*
    "Ouchouchouchouch. ... Um, I guess I shouldn't even ask about the orange---"
    *chest casts Firestorm*

Sir Veza and neoncat like this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's unexpected... Figures as tournament rewards?

6. Pengw1n

Yeah, my thought exactly.

Also, I datamined some new monster art. Not sure if I should share it or not!

neoncat likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Do eet :D

8. Pengw1n

Since they're already included in the live client - and BM generally doesn't mind people looking around, I'll post one as a teaser and see where it goes from there. A bit of buzz never hurts does it?

[​IMG]

I believe it's pretty apparent who/what this fellow is (the name has been changed to protect the innocents), but feel free to guess!

(I've found 8 unique and some variations, quite a few more I haven't been able to locate)

Edited: spellink.

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh boy, it's one of those things. Don't they have some kind of 15 damage, 8 range attack? :eek:

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It might be the guy whose attacks are fatal if you don't remove the attachment within two rounds.

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Maybe possibly even someone's avatar on the forums?

neoncat and Pengw1n like this.
  12. Maybe possibly even related to someone's in-game character names?

13. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Zounds! Looks like some people might need a good flensing...

14. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ooh, flensing. I like flensing. I . . . think.

And dang, I'd love to jump in here and trounce you all with SUPER EXCITING PROGRESS MESSAGES you hadn't seen, but I went to Rudolpho and all I got was
    So, yeah. They're still hard at work.

(Flensing.)

Megadestructo likes this.
  15. Pengw1n

[​IMG]

Like people have suggested, the first one couldn't be anything but the much teasted Mind Flenser. This one looks more like it's suffering from a case of bad indigestion. Any guesses to as what it could be? I can see this one becoming popular with custom map makers.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Well, there's a map called "Totem Maze" and cards called: Totem Charge, Totem Blast, and Ancient Statue (armor).

17. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ooh, perhaps more stationary enemies? Or, wait, the "Charge" is probably a Move card. Though come to think of it, that could be some interesting variation in default cards.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There've been some messages from Rudolpho about desktop and tablet clients. I wonder if this is just housekeeping related to abortive experiments, or actual progress toward the shipping of such...

19. Pengw1n

I'm sure a lot of the tablet and standalone client work coincides, but I believe the tablet one probably has priority at this point. But seeing any progress on a standalone client makes me hopeful that we'll see this on steam one day.

20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

New content now available on the test server! Includes leagues!

Pengw1n, Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.