Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

What I'm saying is that wizards have 4x as many options against Bless than a priest has Bless. (and again, Winds of War and Whirlwinds are both counters!) and many are commonly played (Hot Spot/Wall of Fire).

I guess part of my problem with Bless is that I see a lot of (new) players using it, and stupidly to boot. I mean, on paper it's "draw 1 card and heal 2 for 3 turns" or "draw 3 cards and heal 6 per character" or "draw 9 cards and heal 18", but in reality that *never* happens. Still, I see people playing Bless that really shouldn't be, and it ticks me off that they get sucked into Bless like some kind of noob trap.
    Bwahahaha you have got to be kidding. Bless may not be broken, but it is undervalued and very powerful in the right deck. If you could get 2 on a divine item it would have been nerfed. Maybe you could get Consecrate Ground x2 instead?

2. Not to gang up on you, but Bless is not that great. More often than not, you cannot stay on the square, or you want to move. Even if you do hold that square, staying still does not make for a winning strategy in this game. Okay, this card can be well-employed in a build that focuses only on having dudes occupy victory squares and take beatings with armor, Toughness, blocks, etc. They would absolutely need Immovable. This is a convoluted scenario (trust me, I have tested it), and one in which you'd have to play the card only after you had maneuvered all your guys onto Victory Squares, meaning you have it clogging up your hand. Again, you have to have Immovable on, or your opponent will just bump you out or wind you out and can hop on and get the healing and card draw for themselves.

That all being said, I bought an extra copy of St. Ulrich's Bones at Randimar's last week. You never know when it might be made good by new cards that are released...

3. HenryTheCat

HenryTheCat Kobold

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Another Azgul's Orb and my third Xander's Mail. I would have bought them already if I had the money. Also some epic stuff I already have. I should probably buy a second Black Walnut Staff this week, they can't show up at Randy's forever... can they?

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Dunno. None of those 3 have ever shown up at Randimar's for me. No legendaries for me this week, but I got 3 epics to fill some inventory gaps. Emperor's Plate, Ephriam's Crazy Boots, and Godtouched Spear

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

7. Ector

Ector Hydra

Nice tokenless item, but I prefer Slippery Shield. If you desperately need that token, the shield may be a good buy. I use Icicle Shield in such situations, which is much worse.
    I cannot say how good is Energizing Move, but even if you consider it good, I wouldn't spend a yellow token for that. The only boots that I would spend a yellow token are boots with two or more mass-movement cards like Wlakwa's Boots.

8. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hey, Randimar, why did you betray me, your loyal customer? :( Only one legendary item (strange), and mostly crappy epics...

Bleneth's Skull. Yes, Mass Frenzy is good, but is it good enough to spend a yellow token on three of them? I usually get Mass Frenzy from Shuddering Relics.

Foley's Footwear. Crap. Only one good card, compensated by a weak movement card.
    Gleaming Glaive. Doesn't worth its tokens IMHO. No traits, but there are weak attacks.
    Hawlic's Armor. Worse than Xander's, and requires a token.
    Icicle Shield. Nice, but I have two already.
    Japper's Energy Boots. Defintely not the boots I want. No team moves, and crappy armor.
    Morbo's Pendant. Finally a decent item. I lack Firestorms, and Cone is always good. Teleport Self is questionable, but any 4-square move is good for a Dwarf :)
    Novice Stoutness. I like it and plan to buy it. I like Duck, and the rest cards are never useless.
    Robes Of The Crab. I guess only crab could be so stupid to spend a yellow token on this!
    Runcible's Bracelet. This one is tokenless at least. While Forgetfulness may be useful versus mages, the third card is crappy.
    Sparkling Shield. No, I am not going to spend a token on a shield with crappy attack.
    Vigun's Blessed Blade. Too many weak attacks to be playable.

What do you think?

9. The Mask Makers

The Mask Makers Mushroom Warrior

It's freaking enough man. Don't even think twice about it!

10. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hm. How many Mass Frenzy would you have in your deck? Five? Six? The card is great without any doubts, but I have St. Bethan's Charm and two Shuddering Relics. I currently play a balanced party of Warrior, Wizard and Priest, and I guess I will need to dump the mage to fully exploit the Frenzy. I don't like playing without mages.

But looks like you're right, the item is promising at least, and I should buy it. Every item that has a potential to be playable should be bought :cool:

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You seem to have pretty strong opinions about the items, so you might as well go with those.

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

I like to argue, since that is the only way to learn something new.
    Yes, I have my opinion, but I will be very grateful if you manage to change it. If you look through this thread, you will see that I've changed my opinion very often, if the arguments were sound enough. I've bought Dianon's Staff and skipped Roaring Staff, though initially I've planned the opposite. But look, do you change your opinion just because somebody said you that his opinion is different? At least you want an explanation. So do I.

13. The Mask Makers

The Mask Makers Mushroom Warrior

Six is fine with me, the more the better. :)
    That's because I'm running 2 warriors with step attacks. If you run 1/1/1 then I agree that you don't need that many frenzy.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've never included an item just for Teleport Self, but I've always been happy to draw it. Remember: it adds Teleport to all your other moves, including Charge.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good point. A lot depends upon your style of play, and even that may change over time.
    Bleneth's Skull - It's great but has a high token cost. Very much worth it if you run a lot of melee and can free up a gold token.
    Gleaming Glaive - Not the best, but Polearm Slash doubles as Keep armor 2, and Shredding Strike is always nice.
    Morbo's Pendant - Teleport Self allows you to walk through walls with standard moves. It's a bad idea to waste Teleport Self as a move card unless you're desperate. This is a GREAT minor token item.
    Vigun's Blessed Blade - This is a very good tokenless divine weapon, but better for SP than MP. If you only play MP you probably have better weapons available.

16. Ector

Ector Hydra

Thanks all guys! I will definitely buy Bleneth's Skull and Morbo's Pendant. Looks like Randimar didn't forget about me after all :)
    Do you think it may be playable anywhere? There are three weak strikes that cannot be easily played if there are no targets. On the other hand, these weak strikes at least have range 2, so there may be an opportunity to play them safely. If the Glaive would require two blue tokens, I'd buy it immediately, but spending a yellow token on this?
    I play both SP and MP, and I have Dark Drewg's Mace, which is also tokenless, but much better. If I will ever need another tokenless weapon, I guess I will use True Strike Spear.

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

18. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I have two Vigun's Blessed Blade, two Club Of Wrath, and two St. Amarack's Cudgel. Random right?
    Those are all good tokenless priest items, useful for SP only.

I agree that Mass Frenzy is just OK if you are running a wizard, but for a dedicated frenzy build, being able to put 2-3 on one Divine item for 1 token, instead of needing 2 slots for St. Olf's Fiery Pike or Shuddering Relic/St. Bethan's Charm/ Dworia's Soulstone, etc, is pretty handy. The more Mass Frenzy the better, especially if you have the right gear to use 2 War/1 Priest.

I just had to say, the thought of Charge + Teleport Self through a wall, to kill someone= PURE. AWESOMENESS. If only Mass Frenzy affected Charge.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  19. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

St. Portia's Maul is a crazy good legendary for priests, it's a one of kind weapon with 6 decent attacks for no token cost, but there's no easy replacements for it.

One of the problems priests have going for them is that they only get 2 weapons to begin with, and than most of their weapons dedicate cards to non-attacks. You can easily end up with only 6-8 attacks in your deck, which make for a lot of dead draws. Most of the utility priests had has been removed for balance purposes, what remains is highly situational. It only makes since when you're building a mass frenzy party to try to get as many attacks as you can on the priest.

Shuddering Relic is definitely a good fit, I'd say it's arguably the best non token divine item priests have left at this point. But I feel you want to try to get more mass frenzies into the deck, which is why the skull is a great item for these builds.

20. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I think that the problem with priests is that they always have some attack cards. I have never complained that priests don't have enough attacks, it's those darned attack cards you draw when you could really use some healing, frenzy or a Nimbus.
    They aren't warriors, and there are very few weapons that even come close in terms of damage output.