Board Tile Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Are you sure it was Charge ? I see' <character name> walks' in the battle log at top left hand corner ?

2. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I had to test again to see if it adds that to the log before or after the move happens. It does add it as the card is selected, and also removes it from your hand, which would explain why the Charge card wasn't lifted down at the bottom. He had of course also drawn his racial move that turn. The problem with this is that it now seems pretty straightforward, except for the fact that I'm almost positive this wasn't how it actually went down as I was doing it. I had already used that walk earlier in the round. Derrr, I hate this feeling, like something actually buggy was going on, but I lack the means with which to even describe it.
    I'll try a hell of a lot harder next time around, and in the meantime agree that it looks like all we're really seeing is a Walk card in use. :/
    Good call.

3. progammer

progammer Ogre

I'll try explain this clearly to see if I got it correct since i just encounterd the same thing yesterday. For Walls of fire, additional targeted tiles must all be within your line of sight at the moment of casting, If I turn to A i can't target C and vice versa. Thus, any direct line wall of fire casting through the caster is not possible. This behavior, however only happen with Walls of ... and is not in any other multi target card such as Chop or Winds of War.

Aldones likes this.
  4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I'm fairly sure this has been reported, and this doesn't impact gameplay, but the "window" tiles in The Wizard's Workshop are visually inconsistent. They have a little transparent spot in them so you can see the tile underneath, and SOMETIMES the tile is an ordinary floor piece (the checkered floor in level 1) and SOMETIMES the tile is a red brick wall (levels 2 and 3). This isn't noticeable on a single map, but the pattern does change between the levels.

It's probably also varying in other adventures with the same tileset.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The green checkmark buttons on the adventure module "Venture Forth" sheet have a graphical bug. When a button is pressed, the checkmark engraving does not move with the button. It stays in place, which spoils the illusion of an engraved jewel and makes it look like the gem is only a pressable bubble over an unmoving background checkmark. Also, the checkmark lights up when the mouse is over the button but when the button is pressed the light goes off. This might be intended or not but wouldn't it be better if the button stayed lit even when pressed? Why would an activated button only look activated in the up position but not in the down position? This seems pretty unintuitive when compared with real-life experience of pressbuttons. None of which have been magically lit engraved jewels, granted.

This is not a board tile bug, sorry, but this subject was the closest I could find and the bug did not seem worth its own thread.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've been playing with the editor a bit, and I've found some more art bugs: (palette names under images)

[​IMG]
    Water tiles (first tile should be a rotated version of the second)

[​IMG]
    Maztec tiles

[​IMG]
    Melvin decals (also, black is the worst possible choice of background color for palettes)

[​IMG]
    Cavern decals

[​IMG]
    Water decals (top two probably belong in the Yellow palette)

[​IMG]
    Halloween decals, as viewed on 1000px wide display

Maybe not a bug, but what the heck are these things? Bricked over windows?
    [​IMG]
    Manor decals

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Maztec tiles are part of the new adventures, as far as I've gleaned from clues. So probably not intended to be in yet at all rather than being bugged.

Also, those bottom two ones - niches?

8. Sir Knight

Those bottom two are windows with a glowing red sky outside. Either sunset or fire, your choice. Or, arguably, an ordinary sky glowing brightly on red bricks.

9. MagicLance

MagicLance Mushroom Warrior

[​IMG]
    The still active Goblin Hulk moved (Bull Rush) 1 space diagonally downward towards that water square.
    My fighter got hit. How? Chain reaction? It does not state so on the card "Bull Rush".

[​IMG]
    Since I can not find a thread addressing Line of Sight issues I post this here as well. Here my wizard got hit but the enemy had NO LoS.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img593/694/6z0s.png Again a turn later.

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It says both Hulks moved, so maybe it was the other one that did the damage?

Linear attacks use a different formula than LoS and deliberately hit more squares than can be targeted. When I posted a bug about it, I got this response:

11. MagicLance

Thanks for the quick response Kalin. I am still a NOOB at this considering my deeper knowledge of this game.. For me the campaign is rather easy.
    I am at lvl 15 now and beat 90% of the maps on the first try despite never before having seen them or even adjusting my deck to the new enemies.
    I play maybe 3 times a week for 1 hour at best. These forums are great. No silly "like" posts and such.
    So then. Enough ranting.

About the Hulk that moved. Perhaps it was the one that had no more action points :rolleyes: but I could swear that it was the other one.
    Strange that according to the LOG both moved before I got damaged. Maybe they actually did and I did not see it. :oops:
    Towards the LoS problem.
    How did that Sprite even target my wizard if he is not suppose to see him?
    According to that quote from Jon it seams that linear attacks can ignore walls.
    So how are you suppose to know if you can get targeted in the first place?
    *patiently awaiting to be shown the error of my ways*

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

For a tile to appear in LoS, a line from the center of the tile to the center of your tile cannot pass through any part of a Blocked tile. But Linear attacks target tiles, not chars, and they draw a line from caster to target tile and hit every tile it passes through on the way.

In your case, the sprite can't see the center of your tile, so can't target him directly. But it can see the center of the tile behind him, and the line to that tile cuts through the corner of your char's tile, so he got hit.

My thread has a screenshot with the results of an Acid Jet, which makes the targeting a little clearer. Also, watch the video Sir Knight linked in the replies to hear the devs discuss it a bit.

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You can try the linear attack targeting with Acid Jet or Flame Jet. You'll be able to see how the squares the attack covers jiggle when you move the aim around. It can hit around corners a little bit, if an out-of-LOS square is adjacent to the path of the attack and the attack is angled just right. It doesn't hit every out-of-LOS square around the attack path, just a few along the route. It's a bit like an Ember Burst in the way it can hit out-of-sight targets within its area of effect.

14. MagicLance

Thats good information Jarmo.
    I do not have lightning bolt yet but those you mentioned.
    Will try them out soon to see how they behave. Testing stuff is fun.
    Thanks again people. This is a nice community. :)

Jarmo likes this.
  15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You're welcome! By the way, you can't get lightning bolt on any item, only the monsters get to use it.

16. Sir Knight

Wow, I'm slow. I think I overlooked when somebody explained this once before, because I've been asking about this for awhile:
    . . . but coming from a different direction. I've been looking for a way to erase ugly black dots that appear when you make a big swath of cavern wall. Kalin, no matter how much this decal looks like an "error" graphic, it's the solution: you put that tile on corners and it erases the ugly dots. The "X" in the middle is the intersection of gridlines. It's what enables the creators to make that smooth section of brown on the left in here:

[​IMG]

Make that yourself with just the tile palette and you'll find black polka dots in the middle. Hence, the above decal.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Ooooh.. and that explains why they can do it in the middle of the walls, but not on the edges of the board.

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The level 6 adventure "The Defense of Woodhome" battle 1 "Woodhome Gates" map has a minor graphical bug. The rightmost door is missing the half-shadow the other doors have. Kalin originally pointed this out here.

19. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Fixed for next release, thanks!

20. Sir Knight

Map 2 of Gladiatorial Arena, Finals has a weird tile near the far right corner. It appears to be an audience tile where there is supposed to be a wall corner tile.

[​IMG]

Map 2 of The Compass of Xorr has a gray tile (which is not one of the normal alternating tile colors) near the lower right edge, where there's a cluster of enemies by the "doorway."

[​IMG]