Test Build 1.37 (21 Oct 2013)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This test build includes the new Halloween content: figures, boards and items. It's also got Snoozi, the keep-alive gnome as well as a bunch of fixes that should improve spectating as well as the usual work on hints and bugs and fixes.

Halloween Stuff
    • Added the special halloween store.
    • Added halloween loot items.
    Figures
    • Added the halloween figures.
    Battle UI
    • Fixed upside down dialog background for upper groups.
    Multiplayer
    • Rotated in the Halloween boards.
    • Added Snoozi.
    • Cleaned up chat Send button layout
    • Fixed mouse pointer change over user list item
    • Brought user list item formatting in line with other user text
    • Game over banner can show reason for win/loss and does so for idle timeouts.
    • Flash browser tab when joining an MP battle.
    Shops
    • Added per-store shopkeeper icons.
    • Item price sort pays attention to buyback.
    Cards
    • Fixed Icy Block keywording (fixes Pathfinding not discarding attached Icy Block).
    Spectating
    • Turn banners swap in spectator mode.
    • Show player names on turn banners.
    • UI highlighting to show player turn works in spectator mode.
    • Spectator victory banner shows who won and lost.
    • Fixed large cards for upper player when spectating.
    Hints
    • Added post-loss battle hints for Viscous Tombs adventure
    • Added post-loss hints for Arena Qualifier and Arena Round 1 adventures.
    Adventures
    • Resume adventure in pre-adventure deckbuilder context when appropriate to (fixes some oddities with chests and pre-battle party modification).
    • Client moves items from the chest to inventory when clicking "take all and continue".
    Boards
    • Fixed bad corner tile in Astral Vespers
    • Fixed error in Wizard's Workshop level 3 board

2. kogi

kogi Ogre

Three cheers for Snoozi

Farbs likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

From the webpage:
    We don't have anything called "Startington Keep"; it's actually just east of Cuthbert's.

How long will the new content be available, and will you bring it back next year?

4. Jon

Good point, it's
    Fixed the blog post, thanks.

The items will be around for a couple of weeks, we'll give some warning before they are removed.

I can imagine them coming back next year - or perhaps we'd do a new set. If you REALLY want any of them, you should grab them now to be sure.

5. progammer

progammer Ogre

Alternate skin limited item, definitely interesting. I'd rather they never come back and have some other item skin next time around. Just my opinion.

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Item type filter in the inventory could use a new 'Collection' option. As it is I have to scroll thru a whole bunch of stuff to find my Kobold Kandy.

I bought out all the items in the Hshop, re-enter and the shop restocks everything again allowing me to buy multiples.

Recruited human wizard from Orc's head tavern, changed the skin and all the item slots go blank, card list goes haywire and the character's name as well. Exit and re-enter solves the problem. If you changed the skin b4 recruiting the char, its fine. I think this is an old bug but not quite sure.

[​IMG]

7. Chompman

Chompman Mushroom Warrior

Is it wrong that I got around to making a test account just to hear what he sounds like? ;)

I hope gary doesn't mind waiting on me.

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

lockphase first login in IE, go to multiplayer, got Gary's Multiplayer intro thingy (the one where he says he will be my first opponent), in the game the IE tab starts flashing Battle Joined and Card Hunter alternately. I resigned and the tab continues to flash even after I left the mp lobby. Oddly, when I'm on the campaign map, the tab flash is either very slow/non-existent. But when lockphase gets into an adv/shop/keep etc, the tab starts flashing very fast. Tried it as the only browser open.

edit: phaselock (in ffox) got into a ranked game against Gary. lockphase (in IE) spectated and the IE tab keeps flashing even after exiting the game. I've never seen my ffox tab flash, not even once.

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I think its just me but snoozi's audio at default settings sounded like a bird's chirping and I'm used to hearing such sounds so it didn't register at all. No better suggestions atm but smthg not as natural would help ? elephant's trumpet ? lion roar ? dwarf knocking on door ? shrugs...

10. Jon

If you really want to buy one of everything, I think it's OK that we restock.

11. Jon

IE is ALWAYS a pain. I'll add an option to turn the flashing off.

12. Jon

I'm currently deploying Release 1.38 to test. This:
    • Turns off browser tab flashing on MP battle entry by default. It can be enabled via the options panel.
    • Turns of Snoozi keep-alive requests when playing MP against a GM (i.e. Gary, Melvin, etc).

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

phaselock (ffox) and lockphase (IE) login and messed around in mp lobby with battle alert on. Since the fix isn't in, IE's tab flashes crazily while ffox doesn't. Over time, I have no idea after how many tab flashes/mins, both tabs are now showing null permanently. It doesn't seem to be affected by the battle alert, one's on and the other's off.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

So if someone does not want to buy something (like Sugar Rage), then they're limited to only one of each thing they want, but someone with lots of money can buy as many of each thing so long as they buy equal amounts of everything? I have three problems with this:

1. The mechanics are inconsistent to the point of looking like a bug or exploit.

2. This provides a noticeable benefit to rich players, pushing the game towards P2W. The Halloween store is not a purely cosmetic feature: it's a shop that guarantees to stock certain legendary items. (A cosmetic feature would be trading an item you already own for a Halloween themed version.)

3. One item being sold is already OP as a legendary, and very useful for the firestorm-draw decks currently popular in MP. Allowing rich players to buy several of these is not good.

PS. The blog post doesn't mention the Halloween treasures. Would it be terribly difficult to add Kobold Kandy to the first chest each player opens on Halloween day?

Andrew Talbot and progammer like this.
  15. Jon

Hmm, I kind of assumed that no one will actually buy all the items. I suppose it's possible.

16. Jon

I redeployed 1.38 with a fix where the Halloween store doesn't restock when empty.

17. Jon

So there's a bug with this and I'm going to have to push the build deployment back a day.

18. Jon

This should be working now - the Halloween store should no longer restock items even after you buy it all out.

19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, just tested with phaselock. It's repopulating once. It does not repopulate after the second buyout. :(

20. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

This issue has been resolved. :)

Jon likes this.