Woot. First Legendary?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by kogi, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

I got Hippogriff Caviar as my first legendary. Other than the two Hands Of Melvelous, that Hippogriff Caviar was my only legendary.

2. progammer

progammer Ogre

Did you meant Slippogriff Caviar ?

3. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Just my opinion, but I consider both Bleneth's Frenzy Charm and Beater to be good legendaries. Neither is splashy, but they both offer good cards at a very cheap power token cost, they also complement each other in terms of strategy. I'd say you're doing well so far.

I have both Bleneth's Frenzy Charm and Bleneth's Skull, while mass frenzy is certainly a better card than unholy frenzy, for the token cost it's much easier to use the much cheaper frenzy charm and both accomplish very similar things.

Beater is a cheap and relatively high damage weapon. There just aren't many of those in the game and they are quite useful when you're building warriors as a third weapon to save tokens for otehr items.

4. teasel

teasel Kobold

hand of melvelous was my first legendary too! some other epic items i have are

Inkdark Halberd - love polearm slash and hand of darkness,meh for the rest
    St. Ozark's Blade - great weapon,the first 3 card hits hard and the remaining 3 are usefull block
    Trogsbane - bunch of penetrating attack
    Unholy Cudgel - not sure what to think as i haven't used it but it doesn't look to hot tbh
    White Katana - shred strike galore basicaly

5. Githian

Githian Kobold

6. cpt_scp

cpt_scp Kobold

I guess i was quite lucky. If i recall corectlly i got http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Items/Reaper's_Scythe from the gold chest bought using first free pizza delivery:). Unfortunetaly i won't be able to use it for a long time because my characters are at level 10 atm.

7. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

Yes, I did. Thanks you. That clarifies why the item BB code didn't work.

8. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

<<< Guess what my first legendary was ;)

9. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Mushroom Warrior

10. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

11. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Mushroom Warrior

One is your avatar! :D

Also dropping those mass frenzies have actually been pretty cool in the campaign so far!

Just picked up these two in one chest! Coming here was good luck!
    Bleneth's Frenzy Charm
    Mullik's Blisterstaff Takes no power token's now sure how I can use this though.

Oh and I had this
    Barreling Club
    Is there something about barge being useful that I am missing?

12. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Woohoo! Got my first Legendary :D
    Hand Of Melvelous

And my Bonus Treasure was:
    Hylithia's Robes

Not sure if I need any of those two in my setup - but hey, they are Legendaries nonetheless. ^^

13. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

As I progress and see more items coming I started to appreciate more their cost-effectivenesses :)

I guess it's quite versatile - it does some damage and messes up enemy tactics while the damage is quite low allowing for using it to push your own units? But I guess they're there to offset the three powerful attacks on that weapon.

14. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

Barge lets your warrior support a Path of Knives Wizard, while packing some serious smashes of his own.

15. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

woot! In the last few fights I got Mandaeus's Aegis (which I would totally use for an elvish deck, maybe human even) and Staff Of Embers, the latter from a normal chest!

16. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

That staff is probably one of the best basic components of any Firestorm build. You may be very happy you got it, down the line.