[Question] Shouldn't Rusty Armor discard after use?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lamont Cranston, Sep 28, 2013.

1. I was playing a match recently and my opponent had Rusty Armor. It doesn't say "Keep" on it, so I assumed that meant it would be discarded after use. My character successfully attacked the character using it, the Rusty Armor activated, and the Battle Log even said it had been discarded. But it stayed put. This happened twice.

This shouldn't happen, right?

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Can you post the battle log ? Few possible cases:
    a) Rusty armor activated but failed the dice roll so it didn't mitigate the damage. Hence, it was not discarded but simply returned to opponent's hand.
    a) Your opponent had 2 Rusty Armors in hand.

3. I appreciate your reply. Posting the battle log is a great idea, but the game was last night. So I think that ship has unfortunately sailed.

It definitely wasn't (a). I know it mitigated the damage, because it saved my opponent from losing a character. Twice. It also said in the log that the armor had activated and was discarded. The discard just didn't happen.

It definitely wasn't (b). I thought it might have been at first. But if it was, once the card was discarded, it would no longer have been visible. And a new one would have to have been made visible. But after it successfully blocked damage, and said it was discarded, the card was still plainly visible. Even my opponent thought it was weird, once I pointed it out.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like a bug. I didn't save the log, but if it happens again, I will.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If he had two, one hidden and one visible, then if the hidden one failed and the visible one succeeded, then he'd still have one visible afterward.

5. Thank you for your response. Wouldn't the visible one trigger first though?

Even if it wouldn't, my opponent was as confused as I was when it happened. So that doesn't seem to be the case.

6. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Armor always triggers from left to right, regardless of whether any of them are visible.

If it actually didn't discard upon succeeding, that still is likely a bug, though. Bears further testing. I'll see if I can replicate on the test server.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

They trigger newest to oldest (left to right), so if one was drawn since the last time they were attacked, it would be invisible and trigger first.

Zoorland likes this.
  8. Oh! That's good to know. I had wondered what the order was. I've seen it work as expected many times. But thanks for taking a look.

9. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Hmm... I can't replicate this. Every time I get a Rusty Armor to successfully negate damage it discards like it should. :/

Could you be a little more specific to help us track down the potential problem? I know you don't have the battle log anymore, but do you remember what attacks you used against it? Did the target have any other armor cards in his hand? Did the target or any of the characters that attacked him have any cards attached to them (Righteous Frenzy, Fire Spray, Entangling Roots, anything like that)?

10. Thanks for taking a look.

I don't remember specifically what attacks I used, but I know they were low damage attacks, something like 2 or 3 points of damage. (I remember because they were enough to take out an opposing character who only had 2 hit points left, but not more than 3 because the Rusty Armor absorbed all the damage.) I don't believe the target had any other armor cards, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't believe there were any cards attached either way, but again I'm not sure.

I haven't run into any further issues with it so far, but I'll definitely keep the log if it happens again.