Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Fixed for upcoming release, thanks!

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The tooltip for the 20th MP win reward chest ends "and three random item." -> items

3. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Not sure where to put this so I'll put it here: In the aftermath of Goblins in the Woods encounter 2 Karen's dialogue appears in the centre of the screen, rather than at the top where dialogue normally appears. I don't think this is intentional but I could be mistaken.

4. Jagi

Jagi Kobold

Every card is well described but one, Squeamish. Yes, I have found out what does this drawback card do by reading the forum and experiencing it in game but I still think the description is kind of missleading.

You can't target any character whose health is less or equal to the base damage of Squeamish, right? But its damage is 0, isn't it? So what does it really do?
    Shouldn't it be written:

Trait. You may not target a character whose health is less than or equal to the base damage of the attack cards you play.

?

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hmm, interesting.
    The card says nothing about itself. Squeamish says "that card," so grammatically it isn't talking about itself. (It would be "this card" instead.) However, I remember finding the description weird when I first read it: "that card" generally requires that the sentence be about "a card" in the first place, but no cards are mentioned! Squeamish just talks about "targeting"! (And a new player is still learning rules like targeting.)

So I think your suggestion would be better. I wonder if the word "Attack" is needed, but it probably is.

Edit: Whoops, I see this was already discussed.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Someone should test it with Charge.

7. Sirrealist

Sirrealist Kobold

Loading hint: "You can turn on the spot by playing a move card and clicking on the square you are already."

The end of that sentence should be cleaned up:
    "... and clicking on the square you are already on."
    "... and clicking on the square you already occupy."
    etc.

8. Jagi

Jagi Kobold

I haven't tested it but it seems like you should be able to kill with Charge while having Squeamish attached since it has no base damage.

9. Gnug315

Gnug315 Mushroom Warrior

Order of the Core
    After 1st map, comment by older brother includes term "new found." It's spelled 'newfound' (one word).

10. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

small duplication in the 16lvl gnome fight: the poki, ponti and squinti are called "Spear Gnome Spear" when you hover over them (btw. nice names! :D)

Ben_Lee likes this.
  11. Ben_Lee

Thanks! Fixed for upcoming release.

12. HD23

HD23 Orc Soldier

The Wizard's Workshop may have been updated, but its text sure wasn't.

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for fixing these two issues! I believe new players will have an easier time coming to grips with the game mechanics with the help of these changes.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Escaping Run in the battle log is showing

Gaia runs
    Gaia drew a card.
    Gaia moved.

And that's causing some confusion. Perhaps a reword would help ?

Bandreus and Pengw1n like this.
  15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I was going to suggest this too. Obvious choices:
    1. _____ escapes.
    2. _____ runs away.
    And I thought all those "___ moved." for facing changes were turned off because they were so confusing.

16. Ben_Lee

17. Cerebral Paladin

Cerebral Paladin Mushroom Warrior

Rescue from Shieldhaven Prison has a typo in the cover text. "The Shieldhaven Prison is a well-nigh inescapable, but…" should be either "is well-nigh inescapable" or "a well nigh-inescapable [noun]" (redoubt, or fortress, or something).

18. Ben_Lee

removing the stray 'a', thanks!

19. Ben_Lee

20. choseph

choseph Kobold

Melvin, after beating the dragon : "...Aren't you supposed kill the..." should be "...supposed to kill..."