"Login failed: Security error: Error #2048"

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jrod, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Jrod

Jrod Kobold

I am receiving this error on trying to login...

"Login failed: Security error: Error #2048"

Any idea what's up?

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Please clear your browser cache and try again.

We'll probably upload a fix for this shortly but that should help in the meantime.

3. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

The specific problem is there's a new configuration entry for a change to our authentication system, and it seems like the browser cache is leaving people with the old config file. That results in it using the development default address of "localhost" when authenticating. This both wouldn't work if it did let you through, and probably also isn't responding with a proper crossdomain.xml file, resulting in the error #2048 before it fails to work.

Definitely something we need to fix, so the game picks up those changes correctly.

4. Jon

Should be fixed now. Let us know if you see this again!

5. magnuslshs

magnuslshs Kobold

I'm seeing it again... Been trying to log in for 30 minutes, but I keep getting error #2048.

6. magnuslshs

magnuslshs Kobold

I've tried clearing the cache and tried with Firefox, Explorer and Chrome, but it keeps coming back to error #2048

7. j-wiz

8. magnuslshs

magnuslshs Kobold

Thanks, but I still keep getting the same message :(

9. etherboy

etherboy Kobold

Same... I was hoping to play an adventure while it was slow at work... :oops:

10. feep

feep Kobold

I've tried clearing my cache and my flash cache with no luck. I've even tried resetting my password. I get this error every time I attempt to log in on multiple browsers.

Just got in using Firefox, but it has a an old plugin for Adobe Flash while my IE and Chrome are up to date. However, it was super slow to load in Firefox.

11. JinxM

JinxM Kobold

Same problem, even when using a browser that I've never used before to play the game.

12. j-wiz

For anyone who is still experiencing this: can you include your browser, Flash, and operating system versions, as well as mentioning if you're behind a firewall?

I'm looking into why this might be happening still for some people but not everyone. Hopefully we can find a common cause and get it fixed.

13. JinxM

JinxM Kobold

I'm behind a pretty restrictive firewall and proxy (work machine), though it worked fine before this update.

Flash version 11.8.800.94
    Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
    Chrome Version 29.0.1547.62 m
    Also tried Internet Explorer version 8.0.7600.16385

14. j-wiz

There was a change to authentication this update that requires a https connection to port 8443 on the server during the initial authentication. Prior to this update, the client only tried to connect to that port after completing a purchase of pizza - so you may not have seen the issue if you hadn't bought pizza.

I'm looking to see if I can add some more information to that error message, since "Error #2048" isn't very detailed.

15. feep

feep Kobold

I am behind a firewall, but the old Flash plugin for Firefox version 11.6.602.171 works, but on Chrome plugin version 11.8.800.115 and IE plugin version 11.8.800.94 do not work. I'm up to date on all my browsers as well. I won't be able to test on a system that is not behind a firewall for a few hours at least.

16. cmoore

cmoore Kobold

Just as another data point, I can confirm I'm seeing the same thing.
    I'm behind a firewall and it appears that it blocks port 8443.

17. feep

feep Kobold

Now that I'm home I can get in just fine. Still odd that my Firefox got through but not the other two browsers. I don't think I'm going through a different proxy with that browser but I can always check tomorrow.

18. Jon

Sounds like your work is blocking port 8443.

19. j-wiz

We've made a change to have this go through the standard port 443 instead of 8443 during authentication. Give it another shot and let us know whether that fixes the problem for you or not.

You shouldn't have to clear your browser cache for this, but if it is still failing, try that as well.

20. alphazed

alphazed Kobold

Failing for me with:
    Until I cleared cache and refreshed. Working now.