Multiplayer games that are still "waiting"

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Blizzrd33, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Right now there are three mulitplayer games, 2 PvP and 1 casual, that appear to be broken and stuck as "waiting" in the list.

Is there anyone who can tidy this up? They have been there for quite some time now.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I believe @Jon takes care of these.

3. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Well sure, they used to be cleared but the point is they haven't been looked at for ages. From where I sit, it looks like the lights are on but there's nobody home.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

True dat. I just tagged his name so he'd get an alert if he dropped by. Maybe @Farbs or @Flaxative could handle it. Emailing support@cardhunter.com might get them fixed if they bother you. To me, it's just kind of a sign of the times.

5. battlezoby

battlezoby Ogre

This isn't the first time a PVP stayed locked up for many months.
    I suspect they can't clear it without rebooting the server.

However, I suspect (admittedly not backed by strong data) that the lockups tend
    to happen more often soon after a reboot, so doing so might just clear some and
    make more.

On the third hand, in the year+ I've been playing, I don't remember there ever
    being more than one or two locked games before, so rebooting to clear 3 could
    be a good thing even if it cause one or two new lockups.

On the fourth hand, CH appears to running on a cloud server, and I have no
    idea what kind of software it's based on. (The client is Adobe Flash, but I don't
    know what the server half it.) Given the way a lot of software and OS's push
    "updates" these days, you never know when your next reboot will be the last.

On the fifth hand, they usually reboot for new MM's and the Birthday weekend.
    Hopefully we'll see a Birthday reboot and celebration soon, but haven't heard of
    there being any offical word on the birthday this year.

"Unfortinately," Void Bastards seems to be doing very well, with over 1600 reviews
    (mostly positive) on Steam(*) and with it appeared prominently on the front page of
    Gog.com several of the few times I've viewed it. So that's unfortinately a reason Blue
    Manchu might be paying less attention to CH than they did last year.

* - But about 25% seem to be bunched up at the start of June, and another 25%
    bunched up at the end of June, so maybe Void Bastards isn't doing as well
    on day-to-day sales. I don't know. I used to be able to find global stats on
    Steam, not sure where they are at the moment.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Sadly, there really is nobody steering the ship.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Good thing it's docked.

Gast86 and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  8. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Good to see the 2 PvP games have been cleared, thank you.
    Any chance the custom battle that has also been waiting for months could be cleared?

Sir Veza likes this.