What rarity of items do you have a full set of?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by BlackVoidDeath, Feb 16, 2015.

?

What rarity of items do you have a full set of?

1. None

23.3%
  2. Common

67.8%
  3. Uncommon

52.2%
  4. Rare

44.4%
  5. Epic

23.3%
  6. Legendary

4.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  2. Pawndawan

Kreevian Radcannon completes the last Steam collector achievement for me. At least until they implement achievements for CM (and AI) items.
    [​IMG]

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Grats! Do you have enough money left over for that Final Sword?

4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Judging by the fact that he has about 50 spare legendary treasures in his collection I think he'll be fine :)

timeracers and Pawndawan like this.
  5. Pawndawan

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Pawndawan

Has everyone else given up the collecting?

DD gave me the last rare I needed (Howling Steel Helm (lvl 9)), so I got back to collecting just epics and legendaries:
    [​IMG]

7. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

I never give up!#!##!

But also my collection is not as impressive. Excluding treasures....

upload_2017-3-3_12-47-25.png

Pawndawan likes this.
  8. Pawndawan

9. Pawndawan

9 new items in 109 days. Epics done, 13 legendaries to go.
    [​IMG]

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Impeccability was in the DD just a week or two ago. That will learn you for being AWOL.

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  11. Pawndawan

Time for some gravedigging. I recently started logging in again to run some LF modules and to check the shops. Today I found that RR had the last legendary equippable item I was missing, Absolution.
    [​IMG]

Still need one legendary treasure: Portrait Of Countess Jovana
    [​IMG]

Reint and Sir Veza like this.
  12. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

[​IMG] list.png

thats me with all boxes ticked.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  13. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

normallist.png
    And here's the "regular". So, how does one go about getting the "undroppable" and "Promo" items?

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

• Promo is limited to Halloween and Christmas items iirc, (they're just reskins of existing items) and are made available at the appropriate time of year (usually).
    • Undroppable are a combination of items that only ever drop once for beating certain campaign levels, and items that have been removed from being made available in the game for various reasons and there is no way to get them if you weren't around before they were removed (though none of them are viable items, so they are more badges of duration than any form of strategic advantage).

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Good to know. Though the completionist in me is a little sad now. :p

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Hey,

as the maintainer of the referred tool (and the author of some new ones) I'd like to point you to the new version. Some, like Pawndawan, already use them but others don't. And the old versions aren't maintained any longer. So to also promote my work, please check out the new tools or - to always have all the brand new features and to help me develop them by providing feed-back - follow the thread of the tools. With them you can explicitly inspect what items are for example Undroppable (or Promo, but Scarponi already answered this part of the question thoroughly and for promo items there are great wiki-pages). That won't give you the information on how to collect them but you will at least know the names.

(The hosted tools are a bit behind so you'd have to take the latest archive that can be found in the tool's thread for this) To see them just set Undroppables to 'only', Promo to 'no' and Treasures to 'include' and hit Process. If you don't paste your log, the info-box will list all the matching items.

They are: Three treasures that you are guaranteed to get for some first completion (Caverns of Chaos, Jewel of Alet Zhav, and White Star) but won't get a second time if you sold them. The other three items can be looted if you play (or co-op (!) ) the four first adventures that get disabled as soon as you reach renown 5 (I think). But even after reaching this point you can still get them but that needs some special set-up: If you know someone who has still access to them you can ask that person to invite you and lead you to one of them. With some luck you will get the Rusty Shield, the Cloth Boots or the Moldy Cloth Boots. But in case you try to max them out, be sure that you have some free hours for this task, because luck won't be on your side in general. And I doubt that a new player wants to lead you there over and over again. But besides the "catch 'em all"-goal they aren't of any particular interest for general game playing.

In order to deeply analyze some special cases in this game (knowledge I needed for some tools) I had some alternative account that let me loot those items. But I don't have an account for those early levels anymore.

PS: If you follow the development thread you will also get some nice insights that I have discovered like: There are also two items - that my latest version won't show any longer - that you can't get anymore: One treasure that was given out to all players with some update and the legendary weapon you get in the initial Greenfangs-Tutorial (but loose in order to build up your own team). In order to let everyone reach 100% those two are never listed (regardless of the settings you make) because new players would otherwise be handicapped.

Pawndawan, Reint and Sir Veza like this.
  17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

There may be others who have done it before and not posted, but with appearance of the (essentially worthless) Arcade's Amber Amulet in the DD I have completed my collection of all usable items for three separate accounts in Card Hunter. I may have achieved a first. :) Or not, because not everyone may post such things.

Question for the devs: Does Java's Math.random() function use a seed linked to the account?
    https://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/enemy-rolls-seem-anything-but-random.727/page-2#post-8747
    I'm curious because my baker account has dropped dozens of Iron Crowns and many Portraits of Countess Jovana during the last 7 years, but never a Manticore Pate. My initial reason for running multiple accounts was to test the variation of drops. I believe the RNG is capable of producing every number possible, but, in my limited experience, I suspect using a seed might limit the occurrence of a string of numbers required to produce a specific item. (Just guesswork on my part, I fear. The link is dead.) Still curious, because the items which don't show up in loot drops don't show up in Randimar's, but do show up in the DD.

In any case, I hope future iterations of the game will not include a static seed for an account.