Item rarity (Rares vs Epics)

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by BUSSM1593, Nov 28, 2017.

1. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

Why Pressing Problems is an Epic item and not a Rare one?

Thanks

2. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

Why Trickster's Blade is an Epic weapon and not a Rare one?

Thanks

3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

http://forums.cardhunter.com/thread...unter-faq-and-glossary.6913/page-8#post-94792

Vakaz's Item Creator has a nice chart that explains the rarity formula:
    [​IMG]

4. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

5. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Not sure what is inaccurate about this? Both of the items that you're questioning fit the formula, kindly provided by Pawndawan...
    The levels of rarity go - common - uncommon - rare - epic - legendary

Pressing Problems has 6 cards, of which 2x are rare (Disorienting Block) making the base rarity rare. Plus 4x of the same card (Pressing Bash) increases the rarity by one level to make it epic

Trickster's Blade has 6 cards, all uncommon making the base rarity uncommon. 6x of the same card (Tricky Stab) increases the rarity by 2 levels to epic

There are a few items that don't fit this formula, either by error or for balancing purposes, but neither of these are the case...

6. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

7. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

I see the point. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  8. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

That's a good question...

9. Hey guys,

the shown table is a bit inaccurate as I've already written in the Vakaz's Item Creator thread:

My update to the formula was ( http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/vakazs-item-creator.7770/page-4#post-130388 ): on a 6-card item with 5 copies of the same card and if at least one card is rare, the rarity boost is 2 instead of 1.

With this formula, all items have the right rarity (although I don't know if this is the exact same formula that the devs use, but this one works perfectly fine so it's quite likely that this in fact IS the dev's formula).

Greetings

Mr. Magnifico and j3st3ri like this.
  10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  11. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Thanks. I was totally satisfied with the PhoenixTheHunter's reply, but your link makes me question if Viscious Circle actually should be an Epic instead of Legendary. (why else would Jon admit that it's a bug and the update should've fixed it?)

12. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Also, this:
    Why is Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle a legendary?

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.