Castle Mitternacht Adventures are Here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

2. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

BEWARE! The new dungeons are extremely difficult, and you will enjoy them.

I like challenges.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  3. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Extremely difficult may be an understatement.
    I actually DON'T KNOW how I could possibly win.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Took me an hour to finish all three.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Are you 'finished' if you haven't completed the quests?

6. BlackVoidDeath

Yes, I finished the three modules and all their quests in one hour.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Jerk.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I am.

9. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Ok. How do you win the 2nd battle?

10. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Do you mean CM1-2 (The Spreading Blight) or CM2 (Svitlana's Inquisition) in general?

So about the CM modules thread has tips and strategies for all modules.

My strategy:
    CM1: Nimbus/heal with triple priests, Doom the Inquisitor (and archers) for easier time. CM2: 2 priests + 1 wizard. Flash Flood, Violent Spin and heals are your friends against Shades.

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

1-2. So, My party composition is suddenly inadequate.

12. hello world

hello world Hydra

Kill the healer first, it has no attacks, then focus on the guards, you only need 3 of them dead to win, so obliterating chop might help

13. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I have two warriors with the following configuration: (+ a priest with support cards like Mass Frenzy and Imp. Nimbus)

[​IMG]

This is far from perfect, but works really well for me; the Inquisitor's Badges nulls the enemies silver attacks, while Inspiring Armors and Shield Blocks makes sure you'll always have some cards to play. Also the different attacks makes sure that the enemies armors and blocks won't stop your Obliterating Chops.

Just like with the War Apes, I'd suggest that you pack up your team in a corner and wait for the enemy come to you. (In my experience, all the enemy units will come up close and personal to you in no time)

While writing this I realised that if for some unfathomable reason I would ever play this battle again, I'd propably replace Helm Of The Inquisitions with Impeccabilitys...

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

I have a dwarven warrior, specialized in defending (decent, but he too can be overwhelmed), a human mage (fire one, doesn't work between the lances and the armors) and a elven radiation priest (works pretty well). I tried to put acid or lightning on my mage, but the healer is ruining my plans.

15. BlackVoidDeath

Two words: Punishing Bolt

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And don't forget to exploit your enemy's weaknesses, in this case the intelligence of your opponent. This map (and the previous one) are the best opportunity you'll ever see for using Path Of Knives.

tolkien and WexMajor like this.
  17. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

So, path of knives and forced moving? Maybe slip a couple of bashes to the warrior. I'll try.

18. haho

haho Orc Soldier

Finally beat the last one and overall I say it was a disappointment. I read the forum, watched some youtube videos, and some of it was helpful, but some wasn't since I didn't have nearly all the cards like some others on here. Just like Acquisitions Incorporated, it will be a play once and forget due to the difficulty. Also, it is quite pitiful to award a level 7 rare for a level 21 difficult adventure. It took me 8 tries on almost every map, and all i came away with was a lame "bump in the night", and some other card that I've already forgotten due to it not being useful. Kind of a waste of pizza really. At the very least the treasure awards should be a card that significantly helps people beat these specific adventures.

19. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I have similar issues with the difficulty of the modules, and while I also won't be playing the second or third modules again any time soon (screw you, Shades) and would have liked more rewards, I disagree on the current rewards being bad.

They're all epic and not rare as you suggest, all treasure hunt items are epic items. Them being level 7 also has nothing to do with their relative power since tokenless items are crucial even in level 21 adventures. I'd argue that I'd rather get a level 7 item than a level 21 item since the latter can't be used in half the modules while the former can be useful in every module.

Aside from that, making the rewards be items that help with beating the modules doesn't make much sense, these are specifically difficult endgame modules designed with the idea that you already have the items that are supposed to help beat the adventures, there's little point in giving them out after you've beaten the module. I'm not even sure what items would fit that bill since these modules require constant rebuilding of your deck.

All that said, I'll probably never play these modules again just because they're so difficult and there's no real reward for doing it a second time. These modules are a cut above the rest difficulty-wise and the Loot Fairy doesn't visit either, so it'd have been nice if the battle with Jovana would have also given a Portait of Countess Jovana alongside Bump in the Night just to reward people for beating a tough as nails set of adventures, or if they all gave a high-level Inquisition item alongside a tokenless Form item.

Or they could just remove Shades from the game. That'd work too.

Melancthon and Sir Veza like this.
  20. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

You know what? Concerning difficulty? To be perfectly fair, we're warned in multiple ways that it's going to be very hard. Outside the game we were warned, sure, but inside the game, Karen warns heavily, and the first free adventure gives a taste of what's to come. If the first puts you off any, you're probably better off not spending your pizza; it's a good thing you were warned. $:^ | If the first excites you, then you're probably better off trading in those crusty slices for high-level hijinks pronto; it's a good thing you were warned. $E^ b