Funniest Moments

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Han Lee, Nov 25, 2015.

1. The Thing

The Thing Kobold

Winning on points while last character is being killed with Mad Dog on you.

Or in my case losing on points while killing last character with ...
    you get my point

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. The Thing

The Thing Kobold

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

ParodyKnaveBob and PULSEFIRE like this.
  4. The Thing

The Thing Kobold

thats funny too, although I did not held on to them, but drew two. ;)

5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Bless drew an extra card so he had a cushioning in hand from last round and drew another two plus an energised move.

6. The Thing

The Thing Kobold

Black Void Death is a sharp and smart person. (not meant as funny)

Also I had the elf free move trait there.

7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

No pics or log, sorry. I was watching a Wicked Waterway(s) battle. The human in the center was Ready To Strike. The opposing elf, seeing this card just as well I as I could, Nimble Striked Nimbly Struck across the gap -- triggering RtS, triggering Vengeance, triggering no armor because there wasn't any. Now, lemme tell you, I've received my fair share of kills due to someone being bound and determined to stay ontop me with Vengeance + RtS going off, but this was special. $E^ b For one, of course, no escape in WW, you must hope for a 1/3 chance roll. For two, the elf landed to the human's right side, then Vengeanced to the back, then around to the left, then to the front, then full circle to the right for the kill, just dancing around like a Wild West gunner was shooting at her feet! Lol! The poor thing, I laughed so hard. $X^ D Hoo boy...

8. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

In my case, I won off stars from Mad Dog.
    XD

WexMajor and The Thing like this.
  9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Haha, reminds me of one of my favorite spectating moments ever.

SceoMyntan and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  10. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Uhh... maybe we shouldn't be fighting in a place that looks like it's collapsing?
    Ya know?
    upload_2017-5-25_20-51-51.png

11. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

I'm going to open with something I don't have a screenshot for.

This was Triple Duel, and really long ago (I'd say one, probably even two years back). I got one of my warriors to one of the victory squares. I had a Parry, Barbed Platemail, and a bunch of attacks, so I could feel pretty safe, right?
    Then entered my opponent's warrior. I saw a few cards on the screen, (approximately) in this order: Anvil Strike, All-out Attack, Frenzy Aura, Mass Frenzy, Blind Rage.
    I think you know by now that this story would've been forgotten already had that Parry succeeded.
    It did not, and at least I learned that the damage bonus from the target being adjacent to blocking terrain is not doubled by All-out Attack, because my warrior was not killed instantly.
    Such things happen.

A much more recent noteworthy occasion was in Quick Draw: Chess Madness. I moved my dwarf priest to the victory square closer to my side, and the elf warrior was in the position that allowed her to attack someone moving to the other square.
    My priest got rooted. It was fine, I thought, although he had an extra move he couldn't use that round, he also had Misguided Heal and Invigorating Touch, so I was not very worried. Then the enemy priest used Genetic Engineering on the dwarf warrior.
    The three boosts were, in this order: Retaliatory Mutation, Blind Rage, Battle Rage. Then, of course, said warrior moved to the other victory square, murdered my priest, and the game was pretty much decided.
    (Insult to injury was that I happily grabbed those two Blocks for my elf warrior along with Unstoppable Chop...)

Whoops, that one thing turned out to be two. At least I'm going to have a few screenshots!

Another one that happened a really long time ago - I was playing Clash of Geomancy. My opponent placed Wall of Stone on three victory squares, leaving only the one closest to his starting corner free. I didn't see a way to do anything meaningful that wasn't also incredibly risky, but then an option occurred to me.
    [​IMG] We spent two rounds chasing each other in the outer ring.

That said, I'm not trying to make false impressions. I have my own moments of sickening luck. In a quite recent game of Clash of Geomancy, my opponent walled one of the entrances to the inner area. As a response, I walled his entrance that was opposite to the one he walled. Later on he used Lava Pool in conjunction with Blooming Grounds to hurt me. Then next round happened, and well...
    [​IMG]

Have a final Geomancy one. I think it speaks for itself. I only wonder how Lump could possibly feel.
    [​IMG]

Lord Stafford is facing rough times.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quick Draw: Season 18, episode 3: When You Know Things Aren't Going to Go Well.
    [​IMG]

DwarfCraft III: The Frozen Troll.
    [​IMG]

It is a rarely seen phenomenon, but our recent observations confirm that under very specific circumstances, undead may spontaneously form the Circle of Death. Their motives for doing so are unclear.
    [​IMG]

Death by little lasers. (And some lava.)
    [​IMG]

The things that priests do... Apparently.
    [​IMG]

Chronicles of the Caverns of Chaos, Volume I: The least populous welcome party, quite likely.
    [​IMG]

Chronicles of the Caverns of Chaos, Volume II: no comments needed, I believe.
    [​IMG]

'Should we maintain formation, boss?'
    'Yes. What's the worst that could happen?'
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  12. BlackVoidDeath

Trash, all of it, you should have sent all the ones with screenshots to the dump.
    ~~~
    There are too many good ones to belong in one post in the funny moments thread ;) - the format fits the other thread better imo.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  13. PULSEFLECT

PULSEFLECT Orc Soldier

upload_2017-6-16_14-28-41.png
    THE PULVERIZER.
    Robner is too OP.

PULSEFIRE and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  14. BlackVoidDeath

This image reminds me of about three years ago when I was using a 2/3 elf war deck and drew 5 P. Bludgeons on the first round, this was against a triple wiz deck on barrel battle (or something like that) so a map so thin that elven mage mobility is useless. This was back when P. Bludgeon was 17 damage so an insta kill vs elf wizards...
    One minute into the game my internet went down.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  15. Reint

Reint Ogre

OUCH.

RIP 17 damage Obliterating Bludgeon!

Edit: fuzzy memories

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  16. ParodyKnaveBob

17. Reint

Reint Ogre

Thanks for the reminder. It's been too long since we've had those available to us. :( Don't get me wrong, the tech-iness is very cool on the replacement cards, but I miss the straight-up damage. Landing Almighty Hack+All Out Attack was always worth it to me. :D I miss the old Short Perplexing Ray, too. I found out how good that card was right before the beta ended, and once I'd finally started amassing some items with it on them again after the game launched, then they re-balanced it. Which reminds me of a funny-to-me moment: First level of Lair of the Yellow Dragon, down to my warrior and wizard against one full health ogre. My wizard is at low health, and the ogre moves next to him. He has three cards, and the two I can see are moves, so I used a SPR hoping to get the unrevealed one...and of course I didn't, so dead wizard. Having an empty hand, though, he was a sitting duck for my warrior who had just enough movement to get next to him and cleave him for 40 points of damage with one swing. :cool: And I know I'm not the only one to ever have done that in single-player, but dang if it isn't still fun to remember!

18. ParodyKnaveBob

Co-op'd for Loot Fairy today. Double-dipped, too. Fun stuff all around. First time through, we had good moments, but second time through with a different partner...

Battle 1, round 1, turn 1. I played no traits or anything. (I have Myx'd Mess'zh the elf wizard, naturally.)
    co-op TK.jpg
    My teammate then said something about having to decide between so many options... Lol...

Battle 3, round 1. Turn 1, I drew Mystical Wyrmhide. End of round...
    co-op Wyrmhide.jpg
    Gary doesn't play against this card the same way a human does. $;^ } We won the match in round 2; that poor thing completely emptied its hand on me again. We never had to attack it once. $:^ D

(What possibly made this funnier to me was that, in the first run with a different teammate, I drew Wyrmhide mid-to-late-game and tried to get the thing to attack me, but Gary refused. Second run? @Misanthrope.Alpha gives particular attention to the armor, and Gary goes no holds barred!! ha ha ha ha)

hello world, Sir Veza and PULSEFIRE like this.
  19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

LOL! I haven't seen such a control freak since my last girlfriend. Which is why I'm on sabbatical for a bit.

20. ParodyKnaveBob

Some months ago, I pretty much disappeared from the game for about two months straight. I returned, played one Mauve Manticore to get my feet wet again, and when I visited Skarl's, I got quite the surprise.

Skarl's after a two-month hiatus.png

Personally, I found that very funny at the time (hence screenshotting it then). Such sparse shelves aren't something you see every day after some two years of playing. $E^ J