Should forms be reformed?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Janet, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

I'll start by saying that I liked the idea of forms, it brings a new dimension to the game, and I think it was a good update. I also like the Idea of a negative form (Zombie) that is not absolutely unplayable (though of course, if your opponent is far away, gg)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    However, after several weeks of gameplay, and seeing what goes around, it should be evident that 90% players are only running ware-wolves, and the reasons are pretty simple: 1) they draw mostly good cards (even the low damage step attacks are not terrible); 2) they give armor boost to the class (warriors) that were already best fitted with heavy armors.

I would have loved to see some that armor on the vamp trait instead of the heal 3 at the beginning of each round (which lets face it, is not going to keep you alive in most situations...). If the Vamp trait gave armor, I would see it becoming viable.

Spirit form is also tricky, it seems a bit too luck-based to me, i.e. you draw doom or ancient curse and are happy, or the rest, and are less so happy. The trait seems good at first sight, but then, if no one is playing it there must be a reason? Anyone have any idea on how to improve spirit form without breaking it?

ParodyKnaveBob and Pyrious like this.
  2. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

I just realized I should have called this "Should forms be reformed?" but it was too late to edit title :confused:

Lucky Dice likes this.
  3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Doom in MP is borderline useless. There are so many ways to remove it which is why it's rarely a threat.

So why not something that is a threat all the time and can be absolutely dangerous?

Yes. Dastardly Curse.

Also, why Fly? Spirits are supposed to be slightly more dangerous. Give them Teleport Self instead. Or buff Reflexive Teleport and give them that.

Other than that, Mad Dog on Werewolves is NEVER a handicap. Literally never. Compared to Loner or Traveling Curse, which both can be either harmless or bite you heavily, one way or another, and you get yourself a very, VERY powerful form. But there's hardly anything in-game that could suit a werewolf.

You can say Trip, but that's a bit of an overkill imho. Maybe Clumsy? Large Weapon wouldn't match the theme, but it makes sense at least. I suppose we could come up with some new handicaps tho.

I've just read an instruction about how to kill a werewolf (werewolves' weaknesses, first link in google) and there was this part about piercing the heart. So my instant thought process was "how about something that is +2 or +3 from piercing attacks?"

You know what's Vampires problem though? They are almost as good as vamps people played before forms were a thing. In my opinion a good way to buff them to "viable" status would be removing Heal 3 at the start thing and give them "Whenever you Heal yourself with an attack, heal twice as much" on, I dunno, 5+.

ParodyKnaveBob, j3st3ri and Janet like this.
  4. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

I like the idea of piercing dealing extra damage on wolves, but that's not going to happen, because of the whole silver damage mechanism. If vamps healed twice for attack that would be waaaat to op. A +2 or +3 on a heal would be really strong already.

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Wiki has a list of form decks: http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Form

Also, the OP has the old version of Ethereal Form before it was nerfed to this:
    [​IMG]

I haven't played MP, but even in SP, I don't really use anything but Werewolves. Armor 2 from the Form itself is pretty strong, maybe the strongest of the Form boosts.

The other big part of the unbalance problem is that Werewolf card pool is the most consistent and strongest. Back during testing, I calculated the avg. rating of form card pools: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/form-cards-spirit-vampire-werewolf-zombie.10013/

Werewolf card pool comes out to the top, even without upgrading the quality rating of Mad Dog and Mighty Charge.

edit: Edited the thread title as requested and moved to Feedback and Suggestions subforum.

Christofff, ParodyKnaveBob and Janet like this.
  6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

@Janet
    To edit the title of a thread you created:
    Click thread tools at the top right of the thread then click edit title.

ParodyKnaveBob and Janet like this.
  7. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

WexMajor and tolkien like this.
  8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

1: AKA Talented Healer without Cantrip.
    2: Vampire's Kiss is already included.
    3: I agree with replacing the fly in deck with it.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

1) Healing Spirit is closer to this. (except attack instead of assist and 2 instead of measly 1)
    2) This is cool. (Pawndawan's own thread apparently has some shortcomings)
    3) Although Reflexive Teleport has better synergy with Boo!; how many times ghosts in movies and series disappear just to give you a jump scare later? (perhaps Invisibility should also be one of the cards for Ethereal Form?)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  10. Pawndawan

11. hello world

hello world Hydra

The fear that a wizard could move away by four spaces even after you cornered it is one of the most interesting things about facing spirits, giving them a move that reveals itself as the only move card they can draw from their form pool seems more like a way to make them comically bad more than anything else. Maybe change boo! to the acid cone?

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

But it is handy in some SP modules (like AI hard).

I like this. Barrier Of Hate is another possible addition to their pool.

Yes. Who ever heard of a ghost being hindered by walls?

Worse, the form is competing against Talented Healer. I think people would be happy to use Vampiric Form if they could get a copy from divine armor.

That's a bit too much. Maybe replace the form's boost with "[5+] Block Any. Keep."?

ParodyKnaveBob and Janet like this.
  13. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

It may be added to spirit form a pseudo forcefield, that is discarted after a targeted attack (and negate the dmg of course) and works normally to untergeted effects.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Or we could just give them Toughness.

15. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

it may be super anoying to see they draw Toughness from Toughness like the howl into howl.

16. Pawndawan

Yup. Toughness without replacing would be good, but the card drawing might be too powerful.

17. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Ethereal form should give teleport to all movement especially Shuffle.

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  18. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

This is so true
    You're joking right? That would be too op, and it's a dwarf trait, can't go to all classes.

This, I find is a much more reasonable and interesting idea: it's in line with the "spirit-like" properties of the form, it would not brake it, and it would make the spirit much harder to kill, thus compensating for it's limited damage output

I think that because of this card, if you try to boost their cardpool, you'd have to nerf/kill this card, which would make things too complicated. Changing the form, is not too hard, changing the card pools is much more complicated, would require a lot of testing etc.. In fact, the thread of the topic is about forms, not card pools!
    [​IMG]

19. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Maybe teleport all movement but also encumber 1. Eerie spirits move slowly, ooOOooOoOoh!!

20. Janet

Janet Guild Leader

Why Encumber? I don't think that add teleport (or fly for teleport may be too strong in some map rotations) to movement would break the form, I think it's an excellent idea