Game freezing question

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rainingrecon, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This is a game logic bug and will happen on all clients. If you can figure out how to reproduce this, it would be much appreciated. If you do see it again, please copy and paste the full log into a new thread in the bug forum (it likely has nothing to do with the client based freezing that is being discussed here).

2. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

I've made one previously and will add more logs there. http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/drew-a-mystery-card-unhandled-instruction.10293/

3. Game is not freezing at all on Microsoft Edge.

Jon likes this.
  4. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

Noticed something when doing co-op runs so I'll copy and paste what I put in world chat

MathuranF says: something I noticed with the freezing issue was when I cooped with a non steamer (me being a non steamer also) I had no freeze issue, but when I cooped with a steam user the freezing happened again
    MathuranF says: dunno if coincidence or not
    MathuranF says: thought it was worth mentioning
    MathuranF says: also downloaded the steam version mid coop run the second time and when I logged on to it mid module, it wouldnt let me chat in world or to my partner

Also I was playing on the Chrome Browser through game.cardhunter.com. But yeah I thought the smooth run with my first coop partner with 0 freezes during the run with someone not using steam, and then the separate run, literally minutes later with a steam client user caused the freezes to happen. So possibly the interaction between the different clients in PvP or Co-op could have something to do with it. Could just be a coincidence, but the adventure durations were similar in length and I reconnected about 4 times very early on before switching to steam. Hope this helps at all.

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

This happened to me every game I (y0uthpast0r) played today in multiplayer. I wonder if there's an extension or a permission I can give chrome to allow better prioritization/authorization to this website. I don't play through kongregate or steam.

6. Jon

tolkien likes this.
  7. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

Game freezing happens to me as well on a daily basis for a couple of days at least. First I thought it is a problem on my computer since the game actions (i.e. playing cards..) are a lot slower (despite the same animation speed) than normal.
    Firefox with Kongregate

8. Founder

Founder Hydra

Chrome, usual crash. Played push the button and it all went down.

I tried to resign but couldn't do so. It kicked me out of the game chat but the game stayed open.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      40.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Founder

Founder Hydra

Chrome, another crash. First turn, I played Inspiration, got a Trait. Trait attached, but then I didn't draw a card and couldn't do anything else. Game eventually timed out. Log below.

The game before that crashed between turns. Neither player's clock was counting down. Game didn't time out. I had to quit. Couldn't get a log.

Attached Files:

10. I've gone back to the steam version and was happy that the freezing seemed to be fixed. However, I've been experiencing some freezing in a MM.

11. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I just did another LF run.
    When I checked the console in Developer mode for the first couple but other than the usual failed bootstrap loading error there was nothing new that appeared after each freeze.
    I froze about 8-10 times on the first run, the first time on that being as the AI did their first move (attach invisibility).
    The freezes occurred less frequently at the beginning of the second map, but as it progressed it became more and more frequent until I could play the same amount of time it took me to log in. I also started experiencing bugs such as the inability to communicate in chat, and empty friends lists.
    The third battle (QD) we selected our items without a freeze, then we played like usual - I experienced about 2 freezes, before I died. Then my partner continued to play because he was still alive. While he was playing I experienced another crash but when I reconnected there was no team chat box, but there was an option to start the third battle, so I clicked go.
    Now the strangeness began: I started with three characters. They were the three that I last used when playing by myself. I was confused by this for a number of obvious reasons but in particular by the fact that if someone in your team leaves or disbands the team, the whole adventure gets abolished and we have to start from the beginning.
    I messaged the partner who left to ask why they left... they said they are "i'm still in group". Because a. I wanted to see what happens and b. because I had two amazing hands for my wizards I asked my partner to wait a bit while I completed the adventure to see what happens. They went off to get some food, while I completed the adventure. No crashes occurred while I was alone and I did not lose (probably because of the amazing cards). After I won I only got XP for the character which I was using for co-op but also when I was alone - in the three. Though the two wizards that I used alone did not appear with the priest. Then I opened the chest, and got the reward of 6 items - the two extra for co-op were also there.
    I am currently trying to find a way to join my partner to help them complete the LF run though I dont think this will be possible.
    I am not sure what data (jon) you want, but so if anyone sees this before I crash again, tell me what, how and where to copy data from for this post. Edit: Too late, the game froze for no reason again.

Note: I was typing this while I was playing so I did not start this post because of the ending.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  12. kemmyn

kemmyn Kobold

this has been happening a lot for the last couple days. every match. using chrome. this one just happened as i was drawing at beginning of a turn.

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Event=Draw Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Kemmyn drew Walk for Drengstromez
    BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (utf_string) type: done
    (bool) IIU: false

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Command::instruct current command queue:
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::HandPeekCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartDrawCardCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::DrawTemporaryCardCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartActionPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartScoringPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartDiscardPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::EndTurnCommand

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Received invalid instruction on command com.cardhunter.battle.commands::HandPeekCommand: forced defeat
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Kemmyn was defeated
    BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Command::instruct Unhandled Instruction:
    (utf_string) type: deckPeeks
    (bool) IIU: false
    (int_array) SENDID: [0]
    (sfs_object) DP:
    (sfs_array) peeks:
    (sfs_object)
    (int) card: 0
    (int) cownerp: 0
    (int) group: 0
    (utf_string) type: Resistant Hide
    (int) cownerg: 0
    (int) owner: 0
    (utf_string) origin: Rockshard Robes

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Command::instruct current command queue:
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::GameOverPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartActionPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartScoringPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartDiscardPhaseCommand
    com.cardhunter.battle.commands::EndTurnCommand

BATTLE WARNING: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Battle::run failed due to command error.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Manor Parlor,Room=Kemmyn vs madman2262,RoomID=390975,Msg=Received invalid instruction on command com.cardhunter.battle.commands::StartDrawCardCommand: forced defeat

13. If battling someone with freezing problem, you'll get freezing/crash/lag no matter the client/browser you're on.

14. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

Hmm you sure about that one? I have been the one with a freezing problem and my opponent had no freeze/crash/lag issues, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  15. Jon

One more thing to try: if you are using Chrome, please check your version and ask Chrome to update to the latest version.

You can check version by clicking the Chrome menu in the top right (the three vertical buttons) then selecting Help and then About Google Chrome. As of now you should be on at least version 55.0.2883.87.

If you are still experiencing the freeze/disconnect problem please report your browser version as well as the type of browser you are using (e.g. Chrome/Firefox/whatever).

16. I caused someone to freeze several times when it was happening to me, he mentioned he didn't have the problem before fighting me, unless it was caused by another bug.

17. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Maybe 3-4 of my league opponents were freezing every minute or so yesterday, but I never had an issue, and I play via Steam.

18. Founder

Founder Hydra

Updated Chrome and played another game. It crashed repeatedly.

19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I also updated Chrome and Cardhunter crashed repeatedly. Every game I've played since the advent of this problem several days ago I've had to restart at least once. I just played three games on the test server with no drops, no lag, no stalls. I think you've got a fix here, Jon.

20. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I really do hope this fix Jon made will work, because the freezing is becoming more and more frequent. The usual "leave logged in and unattended for over half an hour and it will crash" is still here as it has been since the beginning of the bug, but now I just did the LootFairy again and about a fourth of my resets happened because I log out, log in and the next card that is played crashes me again.
    At least someone is enjoying it.