Test Build 3.170 (29 Nov 2016)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Changes
    • New Aloyzo's Arsenal card, Ready to Strike
    • New Mauve Manticore, #21
    • 4 new Aloyzo's Arsenal items using Ready to Strike: Veteran's Helmet, Helm of Preparation, Ambush Captain's Casque, and Impeccability
    • MM21 rewards Helm of Preparation
    We are trying to get this build out on the quicker side, so please do test things if you're able! Remember you can use the 'giveitem' or 'everyitem' cheats to get the new items for testing purposes.

2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    DunDunDun, tolkien, Stexe and 2 others like this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

My very brief test assessment: Whether working as intended or not, Ready to Strike probably shouldn't be triggered by Slide (or other non-move effects). It seems problematic that I can Gusts of War two enemies next to my warrior and potentially deal them both 7 damage in doing so.

EDIT: This also means currently Violent Spin (or I'd imagine Muscle Through) + Ready to Strike deals damage if one places the opponent next to oneself (even if the opponent location is kept exactly the same).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    trrst and mikey76500 like this.
  4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

MM 21 adventures (Attack on the Cyber Castle trilogy) are great, nice writing! Part 2 - 'Rescue' can be quite awkward if Radioactive Pulse creates crippling handicaps to Case and/or the Gunners hold on the Adaptable. I only needed one restart on the Rescue map, but if other struggle with it, maybe VP stars could be lowered from 4 to 3.

Pre-battle texts should probably mention all the special tags for part 2 & 3.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Tried it out a bit in multiplayer against AI opponents only because no one else was playing. Ready to Strike is pretty insane. I went with a max cycling build, so triple Crazy Sal's Halberd, Sticky Slippers and such. When my characters had two in hand, both could trigger! That is really powerful. Step attacks pretty much go out the window, even if you stay in place it triggers. Heck, even Disorientating Block triggers it! There are so many movement oriented cards that it will trigger on a lot more things than expected, so it is rather strong for a silver card.

6. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

That art is hilarious. Looks like he is more ready to use the bathroom. :-P Cool card though.

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I recognized the artwork as being the same as an unused card (Readiness).

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  8. Stexe

Yeah, I figured it was unused art. But good to be able to place it.

9. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Seems the only nerf to the earliest Ready to Strike is a -1 to attack, as I said during AA I'm not really sure about bringing this mechanic in PvP, but we'll see I guess. Art is cool and the helmets look nice, especially the one we'll get from MM.

I tested (again) Attack on the Cyber Castle, as before I had the most trouble on map1 though usually you can outmaneuver the enemy with ease. Please remind in the description of map2 that gunners will respawn. Great trilogy.

10. Stexe

They are bringing a new repair person to PvP? /DefinitionOfMechanic :-P

But yeah, I think the PvP of the game is still really messed up. At least it was before the latest expansion. Haven't tried it or follow the meta since, but I didn't see anything that would have fixed it. I do think Ready to Strike would be very strong though.

11. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Ready To Strike is a really strong card in SP especially because it appears on minor token items. Creatures with range 1 attacks will just suicide on you, it almost reads like "when a range 1 character moves, deal 7 damage to it if you roll 3+, keep". It's really strong against creatures with step attacks like dogs or that like to dance around you (monkeys) or that not have enough HP to even survive a single hit (cockroaches). Combine with a wizard with some move spells, or just bash stuff around from one warrior to another, and it gets silly quick. If the idea was to add a new card that just deals massive amounts of damage like Volcano then sure, but if this is supposed to be just another balanced card then it kind of overperforms. At least it's limited to 1 per deck until LVL13 maps, then 2, so that keeps it in check, compared to volcano and Firestorm of which you can have plenty. I have no opinion on it for MP as I don't play MP.

The new Mauve Manticore is about as random as you can expect with these mutants, but I did beat it with 2 or 3 retries so that seems fair enough. (The first map did take me quite a few retries, so it's good that this is the first map).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob and Christofff like this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We are clarifying the special rules on MM21.2 and reducing Ready to Strike damage to 6. We're actually really excited for all the interactions, both positive and negative, with the card, but we want to slightly reduce the extent to which it can warp games.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  13. Stexe

I'd think it would be better if it was "moves next to you while adjacent." That prevents people who are just going in from triggering it, but activates on things that move around trying to get flanking or something. Seems really strong regardless at the moment, especially as a Silver.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

owl.png :D

The text did say "waves of gunners", but most people don't read that carefully.

The difficulty seems good... I had one defeat each on the first and third maps. Despite everyone complaining that Ethereal Form's card pool is too weak, it was exactly what I needed on that last map.

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Ready To Strike is triggering on untargeted melee attacks like Ogre sweeps:
    ready.png

This will likely happen for any melee attack that prompts for a facing (I remember Four-Headed Bite triggering Demonic Miasma in the previous MM). I don't think it happens on cones.

ParodyKnaveBob, tolkien and Stexe like this.