Mitternacht Playtest Guidelines & Rewards

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Flaxative, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Woo-hoo, castle Mitternacht! Sorry for obvious question - for those of us not testing, is ther a link to some of the new cards, or preview page, something like that?

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

If you want a CSV (comma spaced value) document, then here is a downloadable card preview: https://test-server.cardhunter.com/data/gameplay/Cards/Cards.csv , and here is downloadable item preview:
    https://test-server.cardhunter.com/data/gameplay/Equipment/Equipment.csv . Or you could just visit the test server

3. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

First off the AA items drop fine from the new MM, but is there any chance Walpurgis Night can be removed from the handicap pool? I got it from the rad spiders twice and lost very quickly (I know I'm unlucky :p).

Can something be added to the card's text to make it clearer that the burning gets the damage boost?

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not happening at this stage, sorry. It'll cleanse one square of it, I believe?

We see it as somewhere in between Toughness and the old Hard to Pin Down. It can cancel an attack completely (though only from the front, unlike Toughness) and gives you card advantage (in the form of movement). Note that if you move into melee range you're not canceling the attack, and it's a glorified one-use Sparkling Cloth Armor. We're pretty happy with the balance right now, and will be quite surprised if it proves problematic in competitive play. It's supposed to be a strong card.

Possibly no, but it's probably in a good place based on our design/balance sense and the reports we've gotten about the other content. If it proves problematic it won't be hard to reduce the bonus forum damage down the road.

We changed the text to remove the word 'initially,' so it adds the form damage whenever it does damage. Do you think the current wording is cause for major confusion?

I think every mandatory action that comes from a player's items should be a handicap. I believe we'll leave Walpurgis alone for the time being, but if we get a lot of complaints about it on radiation levels we'll consider changing it. Does that sound fair?

wereviper likes this.
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I am getting Error 2032.
    EDIT: The server is now officially down for maintenance

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

A new build is up that should include the missing card & item images from the last build.

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Server is still down.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Looks like we left it in maintenance mode accidentally. Should be open now.

9. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

1. Is there any cheat we can use to unlock all the current maps? I mean...I don't wanna do the MM's all over again, because they're very time consuming.
    2. About the card ''Open Wound'' Don't you think it's kinda powerful? I mean 10 range and the chosen one can't get health? Really? Maybe 5 would be decent. But 10 and just cutting that character off life support for 2 turns is kinda sick.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It only matters if there's a priest on the enemy team - if there isn't it's a 1 damage spell, and basically a wasted card.
    And it's an attachment, you can purge it, replace it, etc.. I think there's quite a bit of counterplay :)

No, sorry, why?

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Beating Beneath the Frozen Earth should unlock the latest MM. You only need to do them all if you want to play MM1.

It would be nice to explain that in-game somewhere.

12. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

I was just asking because the newest MM wasn't my unlocked adventure and i have to play all of them. but beating beneath the frozen earth actually unlocked it for me. thanks @Kalin :) and about 1, Well you have a good reason. but if there's no priest just imagine how crazy it would be on the 3 wizard runners. heh.

13. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

It worked! Thanks alot!

14. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Strange, when I tested Daylight, it would go right through smoke and remove it all.
    I did not test it with ennemy illusory terrain yet, but I would say it works the same way?

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

However it works is fine--though it's a bit strange if it affects squares outside LoS... unless it checks LoS progressively as it clears terrain, which is a possibility, since in terms of order of operations it does affect nearer tiles first.

16. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Thanks for the answers!

First off, once more with @Maniafig we tested the dynamic between Smoke Bomb or Illusory Barrier and Daylight (on Death March, where such things were easiest to test). Daylight removes all Smoke and Illusory terrain within range, even if line of sight is blocked to them (by other Smoke or Illusory terrain). Interestingly enough, it heals before it removes terrain attachments and still heals all characters in range even if they're not in line of sight, so I'm not sure how it works. I'm fairly happy with that, though. Next time I'll actually test things before talking.

A minor thing (I'd say typo but I'm not sure if it's intended or not) is that Guztuk's Giant Gutter (as spelled in the submission post) is written as Guztuk's Giant Cutter in the game (well, on the test server).

And old and most definitely properly working thing, which I thought I'd report anyway (but of course I forgot about it) is that when an attack triggers Inspiring Armor, which draws Vengeance, then Vengeance lets the character move. It probably works that way with Sparkling Cloth Armor, too, I didn't know about it because so far I haven't seen much Inspiring Armor played. It's probably working as intended, but I thought I'd mention it because it might be useful for some. Or maybe not.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Maniafig likes this.
  17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I just did some testing myself with the new AA items....

Open Wound + Negative Energy Being = cannot heal and cannot take damage
    (Did we already know this? I got deja vu while typing that.)

When Unstoppable Chop is blocked by both targets, only one copy is returned to your hand.

If one target blocks but the other doesn't, it deals damage to the target that didn't block and you get the card back.

If Unstoppable Chop's target goes out of range (Dodge, Uncanny Dodge, Swarm Of Bats) you do not get the card back.

18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

No some non-priests have some healing. Healing Dash is a great healing move card that I frequently play.

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

As expected. I can't wait to use this chop a lot.

20. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Since it is not blocked... only exception is with disiorenting block maybe? since it is the only block that can move a chop warrior far from the second target when he is still chopping.