Known Issues & Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Flaxative, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Can you provide screenshots & battle logs of this? It should attach directly.

2. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I can't repeat the bug anymore. I hope that it is fixed :)

wereviper likes this.
  3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

-Sonic damage doesn't have an associated sound effect, which is rather ironic.
    -Silver damage uses Piercing damage visuals, the blood splatter.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

i Saw adapted to silver from the genetic engignering. and it has an image similiar to silversmith.

5. stupid531

stupid531 Lizardman Priest

Sometimes a card drew by another card would be 'invisible' (probably when a 'Form' is attached).
      This is my second time encountering this bug ,
       I tried to find out the cause but failed .

As the picture shows ,

[​IMG]

my werewolf drew an invisible card from Unholy Energy
    after reconnection I found out it was a Monstrous Hide.

The first time I saw this bug I was using Escape Run
    and the attached Form was Vampiric.
    (forgot to check out what card it was , but guess it might be Flight Aura?)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

This is the old bug where an armor card triggers before its enlarging animation finishes. It should be fairly easy to fix by adding a line to the armor processing routine to force the card to be hand sized when it returns to the hand. Oh wait, Flight Aura was triggering from the move, not damage, so this fix needs to be added to boosts too (unless there's a function that handles all trigger-from-hand visuals).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well pretty much any type of card that can be triggered from hand would need to be added to this list. I've had it happen at animation 10 with a Raging Strike that had just been drawn, triggered by the AI attacking at the beginning of the round.

8. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Fleet + Team Walk: Free move for the user normal move for the other char of team.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Working as intended

10. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I have a doubt about Battery : it is a tokenless arcane skill with 2 trait and dissolve armor for armor removal.... can it become the new electroporter novice? Dissolve Armor can't Cycle the deck but is a needed card that very few tokenless item have. There are other tokenless item with removal like (Olga's and the old armorbane) but this trait give the player no hard to play card.
    Of course now i think that armor stay in the hand much less because of full acid wizard but with this trait it is a +1 remove armor for any unfocused wizard.
    Edit:
    Maybe a good idea can be remove the spark trait with a non trait acid from this trait... so it will be a good card for acid wizard that want to play actively acid.

Edit for Maniafig:
    Infact i think of Unfocused wizard... since a wizard with no acid card has no risk of putting acid square under his feet unless he is using the armor removal and that mean that he is removing a strong armor :) i agree also on the flavour text of calling it battery right :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  11. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I wouldn't say Battery is an obvious pick for a tokenless Arcane Item, there's still stiff competition from Electroporter Novice and Novice Electromancy which provide more all-around useful traits at the cost of a less desirable third card. I think Novice Electromancy especially is a better pick just because the hard to block effect on Arcane cards is that good, while Acid Leak is somewhat risky to use since there's a chance you put Acid under one of your characters and your opponent can exploit that somehow. It's definitely my go-to pick for an Acid-focused wizard if I don't have a token to spare but otherwise I don't think it's too good.

I also think Battery as it is now makes thematic sense, since all of the cards are battery-themed and removing the Spark trait would just make it into another Corrosion-themed skill.

timeracers and vitreo84 like this.
  12. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

When played by a minion group, Prowl only attaches to the first member of the group, not to the minions that ended their moves next to an ennemy.

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1045,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1045,Event=PlayAction,Action=Prowl,Instigator=Sir Shreds-a-Lot,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1045,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Flight Aura,TriggeringActor=Sir Shreds-a-Lot,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Unknown,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1045,Player=Gary,Participant=Gary,Actor=Sir Shreds-a-Lot,Event=Move,Origin=(2, 3),StartFacing=(-1, 0),Destination=(0, 2),EndFacing=(-1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1045,Msg=Attaching Prowl to Sir Shreds-a-Lot
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1045,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Flight Aura,TriggeringActor=The Maw,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Unknown,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1045,Player=Gary,Participant=Gary,Actor=The Maw,Event=Move,Origin=(1, 2),StartFacing=(-1, 0),Destination=(1, 2),EndFacing=(0, -1)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1045,Msg=Detaching and discarding Prowl from Sir Shreds-a-Lot
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1045,Msg=Attaching Prowl to Sir Shreds-a-Lot

This goes with all the minions of the group

Prowl attachment bug.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    vitreo84 likes this.
  13. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Vanguard did not trigger when playing Elvish Scamper :rolleyes:

Elvish Scamper with Vanguard.jpg

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=The active player is now Fanturluche
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Event=PlayAction,Action=Advanced Battlefield Training,Instigator=Thorngwegwindir,Targets=Gavvorn
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Participant=Fanturluche,PlayerID=1157,User=435,Event=SelectCardRequired,ChoiceType=selCardDis,Selections=Bludgeon|Dash|Advanced Battlefield Training|Elvish Scamper|Officer's Harness
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Participant=Fanturluche,Event=SelectCard,Selection=Elvish Scamper
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=Thorngwegwindir transferred Elvish Scamper to Gavvorn
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Participant=Fanturluche,PlayerID=1157,User=435,Event=SelectCardRequired,ChoiceType=selCardDis,Selections=Bludgeon|Dash|Advanced Battlefield Training|Officer's Harness
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Participant=Fanturluche,Event=SelectCard,Selection=Dash
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=Thorngwegwindir transferred Dash to Gavvorn
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle
    (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=The active player is now Fanturluche
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Event=PlayAction,Action=Dash,Instigator=Gavvorn,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Wind Dancer,TriggeringActor=Gavvorn,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Unknown,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=Fanturluche drew Unreliable Block for Gavvorn
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Vanguard,TriggeringActor=Gavvorn,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Unknown,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Player=Fanturluche,Participant=Fanturluche,Actor=Thorngwegwindir,Event=Move,Origin=(0, 0),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(0, 0),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Player=Fanturluche,Participant=Fanturluche,Actor=Gavvorn,Event=Move,Origin=(0, 1),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(0, 1),EndFacing=(1, 0)

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=Gary must play a Trait
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Gary,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Event=PlayAction,Action=Immovable,Instigator=Reinforced Door,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=Attaching Immovable to Reinforced Door
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=Re-shuffling 0 cards from Reinforced Door's discard into deck.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=Can not draw for Reinforced Door. Deck is empty even after discard reshuffle.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=Gary passed.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=The active player is now Fanturluche
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Event=PlayAction,Action=Elvish Scamper,Instigator=Gavvorn,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Wind Dancer,TriggeringActor=Gavvorn,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Unknown,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    Wind Dancer triggered here, but not Vanguard

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=Fanturluche drew Unreliable Block for Gavvorn
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Player=Fanturluche,Participant=Fanturluche,Actor=Thorngwegwindir,Event=Move,Origin=(0, 0),StartFacing=(1, 0),Destination=(0, 0),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Player=Fanturluche,Participant=Fanturluche,Actor=Thiengolthorroth,Event=Move,Origin=(0, 2),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(0, 2),EndFacing=(0, -1)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1061,Msg=The active player is now Gary

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

What's the bug here exactly?

15. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

The human character with Vanguard did not push an ally when he played Elvish Scamper.
    I tested a bit more, and it looks like Vanguard only triggers when the character who plays Elvish Scamper is an Elf.

Elf with Vanguard playing Elvish Scamper works fine:
    Elvish Scamper with Vanguard 2.jpg
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Event=PlayAction,Action=Genetic Engineering,Instigator=Wenthildae,Targets=Wenthildae
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=Detaching and discarding Impaler from Wenthildae
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=Attaching Adapted to Fire to Wenthildae
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=Detaching and discarding Adapted to Piercing from Wenthildae
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=Attaching Vanguard to Wenthildae
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=Detaching and discarding Adapted to Radiation from Wenthildae
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=Attaching I'm Here About the Job to Wenthildae
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=Gary passed.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=The active player is now Fanturluche
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Event=PlayAction,Action=Elvish Scamper,Instigator=Wenthildae,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Player=Fanturluche,Participant=Fanturluche,Actor=Legglordhon,Event=Move,Origin=(0, 1),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(3, 1),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Player=Fanturluche,Participant=Fanturluche,Actor=Direlgwin,Event=Move,Origin=(0, 0),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(1, 0),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Fanturluche,Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Vanguard,TriggeringActor=Wenthildae,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Unknown,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Player=Fanturluche,Participant=Fanturluche,Actor=Direlgwin,Event=Move,Origin=(1, 0),StartFacing=(1, 0),Destination=(2, 0),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Player=Fanturluche,Participant=Fanturluche,Actor=Wenthildae,Event=Move,Origin=(0, 2),StartFacing=(0, -1),Destination=(1, 3),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=door test room,Room=Fanturluche's battle (custom),RoomID=1062,Msg=The active player is now Gary

Yeah, totally a niche bug, if it can still be called a bug.

16. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

This did not appear on the fix-list. (I tried to make the report clearer)
    The bug is still here it seems.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks for reminding me.