How to use the test server

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

What is the test server? It's a small copy of the game where we deploy new builds before they go live. The idea is to test in a controlled environment before exposing those builds to a wider audience.

Who can use the test server? Anyone can! At least, for now. You can register a test server account in the same way you registered to join the main (live) server, only you'll need to sign up at http://test-accounts.cardhunter.com/register. Once you've registered, you can find the test server at http://test.cardhunter.com/.

Why use the test server? Mainly, to help us get new builds ready. But you might also enjoy seeing new features or fixes before anyone else.

On the test server, you can also purchase pizza FOR FREE from the Paypal "Sandbox". So you can play around with spending pizza like it's... well... free!

On the TEST SERVER ONLY, the following cheats are also available:
    • everyitem: gives you one of every item in the game
    • clearitems: removes all of your items
    • characterlevel <name> <level>: sets the level of one of your characters
    • givepizza <amount>: gives you tasty hot pizza
    • givesoft <amount>: gives you gold
    • giveitem <item_name>: gives you one copy of an item
    • playerlevel <level>: sets your level (renown)
    • randomitems <level>: gives you a set of random items roughly equivalent to what you might have accumulated by playing up to that level in the campaign.
    You can use these cheats by bringing up the in-game console with the F1 key and then typing them. Please don't abuse these commands by spamming them to create ridiculously large collections which might bog down the test server performance.

If you want to test multiplayer on the test server, you'll need to complete the tutorial before it unlocks. We may add a cheat to skip this in the future.

So, what's the catch? There's a big one - the test server is not a place to play through the game or develop a collection. We'll periodically reset everything on test, so there's no point getting attached to anything there. Please don't play on the test server and then complain if you lose progress!

Additionally, the test server may be any or all of the following:
    • Slow
    • Unavailable
    • Buggy
    • Taken down with no warning
    • Full (it will have a very low user limit)
    We may also delete or restrict accounts from the test server without warning.

However, if you do play on test, please let us know if you find any issues! That's what it's there for. If you do, please report them in this forum.

Thanks for helping us develop Card Hunter!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  2. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

any way too quickly add all permutations of characters, map points etc?
    - especially with resets I would think this would be key, unless that stays?

starting from scratch on it today, just wondering how much of the early stuff I need to do/unlock/reveal to get to MP at a minimum, guessing there are commands for that, I'll poke other threads too

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

To get the prompt and starter party, finish the tutorial, get your renown to 5 or higher, then log out and back in. I think you can go straight to MP after finishing the tutorial, if you prefer that.

4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

If you go to MP straight after tutorial, your rating will be 0 not 1000. Maybe it would cause some other problems too, safer to play 1 lvl 4 and 1 lvl 5 adventure first.

5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Is there a cheat to skip the tutorial and unlock all adventures? I would prefer to just play Caverns of Chaos.

NickHuang and Assussanni like this.
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

A test-server-only cheat code to set campaign flags would be useful. Also, could we disable the secure connections for game files so we can tell which flag we need?

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I can easily get you guys access to Caverns as soon as User Edit is working again, probably once Jon wakes up ;)

8. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I would love to get access to some of them there caverns.

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You should have it now!

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Still no way to skip the whole tutorial part?

11. Jon

Unfortunately, no.

12. NIMABI

NIMABI War Monkey

Is it possible to add only specific kinds of items, e.g only legendaries, only epics, only weapons, only EttSC items and so on with commands?

13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

if we talk about how to slightly improve the testserver, any queue restrictions are unwanted.

14. Jon

I don't believe this is possible at the moment.

15. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Hi. I registered yesterday, got the confirm mail but I can't seem to log in. Is the test server currently down or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, I should have read more carefully the opening post.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  16. Jon

The test server isn't open currently but it will be soon - for testing the new set. We'll be sure to post here when it opens up again.

Potato Priest and Rohndil like this.
  17. kkarma

kkarma Kobold

- I followed all instructions, I signed in http://test.cardhunter.com/ but it is on campain mode. Multiplayer options is grey. How is it unlocked? it is now at level 1 adventure....
    - How many threads do you want? just one with all the information or one trhead for a combination of several matches?

18. Jon

Just like on the live server, you can't play multiplayer until you've unlocked it via the campaign. If you'd like us to skip your test server account ahead we can do that - just email support@cardhunter.com with your test account name.

timeracers likes this.
  19. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

There is a way to add all the item of castle of mittenact or to cancel all the treasure? i think that such a cheat would help to reduce large collection.

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There is no such cheat at the moment, sorry.

wereviper and vitreo84 like this.