Form cards (Spirit, Vampire, Werewolf & Zombie)

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht Playtest' started by Pawndawan, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

There is no UI distinction for Spirit, Vampire and Werewolf cards these new Form cards can generate / draw, so I decided to list those here. Hopefully this will help evaluating the new Form cards.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Spirit cards (average quality C+ / 4):
    1. Ancient Grudge (C / 3)
    2. Beam Of Hate (C / 3)
    3. Boo! (B / 6)
    4. Creature Of The Night (E+ / -2)
    5. Curse Of Fragility (D / 0)
    6. Doom (A+ / 10)
    7. Ethereal Form
    8. Fly (A / 9)
    9. Hex Of Dissolution (B+ / 7)
    10. Memory Loss (C / 3)
    11. Mind Muddle (B / 6)
    12. Traveling Curse (E / -3)
    13. Unholy Curse (B / 6)
    Vampire cards (avg quality C(+) / ~3.5):
    1. Avenging Touch (C+ / 4)
    2. Consuming Touch (D+ / 1)
    3. Creature Of The Night (E+ / -2)
    4. Enervating Touch (C+ / 4)
    5. Flight Aura (B / 6)
    6. Invigorating Touch (B- / 5)
    7. Loner (E / -3)
    8. Prowl (C / 3)
    9. Sneaky Bloodsuck (A / 9)
    10. Spear Of Darkness (C / 3)
    11. Swarm Of Bats (A / 9)
    12. Vampiric Form
    Currently missing following vamp attacks: Consuming Spear, Devouring Touch, (Draining Filaments), Draining Touch, Sapping Spear. Each of those would further lower the average quality of vampire cards.

Werewolf cards (avg quality C+ / ~4.2)
    1. All Out Attack (A / 9)
    2. Creature Of The Night (D / 0)
    3. Howl (B- / 5)
    4. Lunging Bite (D / 0)
    5. Lycanthropic Form
    6. Mad Dog (D / 0)
    7. Massive Jaws (B / 6)
    8. Mighty Charge (C / 3)
    9. Monstrous Hide (A- / 8)
    10. Prowl (C / 3)
    11. Sundering Strike (B+ / 7)
    12. Vicious Bite (C / 3)
    13. Vicious Thrust (B / 6)
    Does anybody know how traits created this way work? It gets replaced and Form creates another card?

Since all three Form cards are rated Silver (B / 6), Vampiric Form's own ability / buff should be the most powerful of the three since vampire cards' avg quality is the lowest.

Also, Wizards can get access to Priest cards via Spirit Form.

Last but not least, it gives access to some current monster-only cards, which probably should be re-evaluated:
    Update: Zombie cards

Since Spark Of Undeath has been reworked to give Zombie Form card. Here's the list of all zombie cards:
    1. Able Bludgeon
    2. Bludgeon
    3. Brains!
    4. Creature Of The Night
    5. Infected Bite
    6. Shuffle
    7. Zombie Form
    8. Zombie Mob

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Sir Veza, Ian and 40c_rudy like this.
  2. Pawndawan

Shifting Block gives (mainly warriors and priests, humans as well) access to Vampire and Spirit Form. I haven't actually tested it, but I'm not a fan of random Form. Could it be restricted / tied to the class of the blocker (Priest = Vampire, Warrior = Werewolf, Wizard = Spirit)?
    [​IMG]

3. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Quick note: If two different Forms are attached on the same character (ex. Walpurgis Night then drawing a Form, or have a Form attached then get a 2nd one from Shifting Block), the left-most form is the form that affects the card draws. Both forms start-of-round triggers / passive effects will take affect though.

@Pawndawan - the card drawn to replace a trait while a Form is attached will be affected by that Form (so if you have Lycanthropic Form attached and you first draw a Creature of the Night, the card that replaces it will be a random werewolf card).

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Pawndawan - Not too interested in the mathematical evaluation of the forms right now to be honest, sorry. My calculations are a bit different (not sure you caught all the tagged cards?) and I'm not sure the average quality of cards created reflects the feel in a super meaningful way.

Regarding Shifting Block, I'd love to hear if you think there's a big balance problem inherent in the design after you've played with it a bit.

Do you think it is important to change the displayed qualities of the monster cards the forms can create? I thought it wouldn't matter since they're not going on items.

5. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Is there any chance of characters changing costumes to the relevant monster when they change form? I have a bit of difficulty keeping up with who was what beast (though that will be less of an issue when the card art comes in)

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, that is in the works.

wereviper and HisRoyalHygiene like this.
  7. Pawndawan

Added Zombie form cards to the opening post.

Also, now that Zombie form is a thing, should Inquisition Bolt punish also Zombie cards? To me it seems both mechanically and thematically strange that inquisitors would ignore zombies.

Maniafig and Flaxative like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is part of the discussion Jon and I are going to be having about how to deal with the information/memory issue with Inquisition Bolt. Suffice it to say we don't want to leave things as is :)

wereviper and Maniafig like this.
  9. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Are those cards drawn at random or there is certain amount of them in each deck?

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Each card has the same weight. There isn't a "deck" per se, just a list of cards. (e.g. all cards with the vampire parameter)

11. Ian

Ian Kobold

This is a useful list in general - I don't think such a list has been generated anywhere else? Much thanks for posting it as a part of your inquiry!