Test Build 3.147 (20 August 2016)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey everyone,

Latest build on test has this month's Aloyzo's Arsenal winning item and Mauve Manticore 19.

If you find any bugs with this stuff please let us know; we'd like to get this build live ASAP so that we can use the test server for testing the upcoming expansion.

adajon, Stexe and CT5 like this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

The last mission of MM #19 was the hardest for me. Tried five (5) times before I gave up.

If others feel the same, maybe it could be the first mission instead?

3. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

I beat it on the 7th try and probably won't give it that many tries on the normal server :)

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Very open to changing the order. Thanks for the feedback!

DupleX likes this.
  5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Also, some small polish suggestion to MM missions:

1: Trapped in the Tomb by @tolkien (youthpastor)

SW corner seems to have lower doodad applied two times. The coffing as a blocked terrain is a bit strange at first, since usually it's only used as difficult (or impassable?) terrain.

Post-description refers to troll's skull, although I had been battling against Ogres and Goblins.

2: Ghostly Getaway by @adajon

Two coffins, three mummies :p (Funny design quirk I noticed, not worth changing / updating)

3: The Case of the Fiendish Troll by @Vlamona

I'd like to see this as a first mission and maybe even a bit easier version.

Anyways, the instruction on the beginning: "Every open square is enemy victory terrain. You get no victory points for killing monsters; you need to kill all monsters to win." Is a bit awkward wording in my opinion (You get no victory related things for killing monsters, but you have to kill them [all] in order to win).

Is there any reason, why there isn't just a regular victory points for killing monsters and VP target set so, that you only win when the last monster is dead?

Maniafig and Flaxative like this.
  6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I changed the troll's skull to an ogre's in the description. I think you know why I got confused. =) I played on the test server for a long time and never got to see the mm come up. I don't know how far I have to progress but I have to go to bed. Fixing the doodads is obviously fine with me too. I think I'd like to keep the coffin blocked terrain though.

7. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Ah yes, I hadn't noticed that... :confused:
    When I created it, I think I originally only had two mummies in the scenario, but then added a third later to make it easier. I guess I forgot to update the coffins, oops!

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I fixed the lower doodad on the Tomb map, and changed the description to refer to an Ogre. The coffin makes senses as blocked terrain; if you look closely, it's sitting on top of rocks that have a thick black border ;)

And I'm not questioning the ancient kings of Cardhuntria's sleeping arrangements!

Regarding actual gameplay, I swapped the Trolls & Tomb scenarios, and I reduced the Trolls by 1. Should make that go a bit easier. None of these changes are on test yet. Thanks for all the feedback everyone!!

Maniafig, tolkien, adajon and 2 others like this.
  9. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Thanks Flex, I found another problem with my map. I fixed the lower doodad problem myself and found that the cooking firepit was terrain marked as blocking when it should only have been marked difficult. I changed both the map and the board and reuploaded them to the Mauve Manticore thread. Sorry for the trouble. =*{