Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Name could be shorter, I think Iron Will could be enough of a reference, or Ironwood Will if you wanna deliver the connection hammerstyle. I would even look at other words to follow the Iron(wood), Iron Vim, Ironwood Tenets, Iron Resolve etc.

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Items can have both a regular name and a short name.

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

What about "99 sharkbears walking on fire"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I don't think they want Mighty Charge on staves (or anywhere). Now if you changed it to "9 Sharkbears on Fire" and made it a martial or dwarf skill with Feinting Strike, Mighty Charge, and Combustible, that might have a better chance. Assuming Mighty would be changed to Silver, it would be a level 9 item.

tolkien and Robauke like this.
  5. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I just realized that it was a wizard weapon too! lol thought it could of been a warrior or priest weapon with the charge.

6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Why not just 2 Walks?

tolkien likes this.
  7. Founder

Founder Hydra

I wondered if there was some way of making a half-decent submission using cards which made the rainbow (in honour of that guild). Best I could come up with was a very slidy weapon:

Barge, Bash, Blind Rage, Pushback Parry, Violent Spin, Ooze Shove.

Divine weapons and staves are even harder.

Anyone think there's any mileage in this?

8. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I would totally use it, but I didn't get how the cards connected to the guild flavor at all (sorry to say).

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Please folks, well flavoured items are nice, but while designing, mind universally better, existing alternatives that will condemn your item to not being played at all, not to mention a lost opportunity to enrich the item pool with a true novelty. I'm not sure this concerns Flaxative when selecting winners, but we got it in our hands.

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

It makes perfect sense for Ironwood, actually. We attempt to use inspirational and forward thinking to come up with great new builds, but that's often a dangerous maneuver, and can end up hurting us in the long run. I think @Deepweed hit that one right on the nose.

11. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Plus a lot of us could always use better human skills.

ParodyKnaveBob and gulo gulo like this.
  12. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@ParodyKnaveBob I like the 99 theme of your item. I like "99 knaves walking on fire" for a name though. And I would rearrange it so that it's values are in the more traditional order of high quality to low quality.

What's even harder is to line it up so that the quality correctly aligns in order of the rainbow as well. What about smashing spin instead of violent spin? What about parry or jarring block instead of pushback parry? What about quick reactions instead of blind rage?

How about Double Rainbow Oh-my-ger?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

14. ParodyKnaveBob

@gulo gulo, I suppose I don't see that as a defining characteristic since many guilds would say the exact same thing. $F^ J

@tolkien, thank you. I considered some much simpler names for my item. Mind you, though, it should be clear (for more than one reason) this item is neither going to be picked nor intended to be. (lol) Meanwhile, I played with card order some, and Feint-OSpark-Impale just seemed prettiest to me.

Fwiw, I considered a more "real" entry of something like Impale-Feint-Fiery on a Weapon ..because 6 stab + 3 burning .. and .. naaaah. $F^ b

My more serious thoughts on all this are that I don't really have any decent ideas that haven't already been done. I considered Double Rainbow and St.Exe for some laughs, but the former's done, and the latter might be even more obscure (since at least DR has "the very first guild" going for it). On that note, since DR's the first guild and not "prone to bias" (not the right phrase I'm looking for, but I'm tired and rushing,) due to inactivity, I suspect that a solid item for it will win. Of course, I've been wrong before (with Make Haste, coincidentally from St.Exe's founder and principal and entire membership, giving us two (majortoken) human skills with Delegate instead of the obvious AI helmet gap getting filled ~shrug~).

15. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Founder i think there's some hope for the double rainbow ogre-style. If you're not going to pick it up, i might change my submission.

16. Founder

Founder Hydra

I wasn't going to go for the rainbow idea. Best I could come up with was:

[any attack] [Blind Rage OR Boosted Heal (Blind Rage is more orange)] [Consecrate Ground OR Bless] [Lifesaving Block] [Violent Spin] [Purge]

But I still prefer the idea of a decent one-token weapon, and I think the rainbow weapon would be ignored as it would be a bit rubbish.

17. ParodyKnaveBob

I said to Founder in chat, and I repeat here, just because it's not hyperfocused doesn't mean it's bad. Why, I'd say it sounds even better than Chaos Hammer which has already been found to be playable.

18. Founder

Founder Hydra

I hear you, but I still think it's outshone by other weapons of an equivalent cost

Rainbow wand
    Divine weapon (Rare, level 14.5 (minortoken)(majortoken))

If other people really like the idea and nobody else wants to use it, I might consider submitting it. However, I'd need some serious support here to do so - otherwise I'll stick with my one-token weapon (which I think there's a dearth of).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  19. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

That idea would lose because it doesn't have enough regular attacks.