Summer Balance Discussion

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Xylo

Xylo Kobold

Hmm yeah i see but it's mostly diagonale set up :eek:; isn't it possible to have something like melee linear which can only go straight?
    It would make more sense imo ...

2. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

I guess Linear Melee will require new game mechanics, coz if to use magics' one (non-targeted linear) - several SP adventures will become way easier (eg: invisible Captain, orc killers, invisible spiders...)

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

how about charge style directional limitations. We got similar complex stuff going on with laser whip.
    so...

X O X O X
    O X X X O
    X X O X X
    O X X X O
    X O X O X

rinco69 likes this.
  4. Xylo

Xylo Kobold

@Robauke yeah exactly what i thought when speaked of Melee Linear

@Master Goo Agreed on invisible guys but for orcs multiple ground attachement only hit them once (same for linear magic if i'm correct) so i don't see why they should be hit twice by a sort of "melee linear"

5. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

First of all thanks for the changes, they are for good!

Some thoughts about Raging Battler and Apprentice Ferocity.

Now before nerfs Raging Battler is much more popular, and what do we have after changes:

Raging Battler got nerfed ~40% of 3rd card (50% chance of same armor2 but +2heal)
    Apprentice Ferocity got nerfed ~77% of 3rd card (was 66% block became 16%)

This way less popular item is nerfed twice more than the more popular one. It means that if you have both items - the choise is obvious, only Raging Battler.

So either Raging Battler gotta be nerfed more or Apprentice Ferocity to be nerfed less, to keep'em both situationally viable (currently both items are situationally viable).

I agree with:
    This would keep current rarity and will keep'em more or less similar value.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I don't agree with this math. With blocks you assumed they only roll once. If they roll multiple times, Unreliable Block will have a lot more hope :)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. phoenix1189

phoenix1189 Kobold

While you're at it the Delegate card is totally broken. It's a "rare" card that gives three cards to another player, one of which is a run card. that's insane

8. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Item is rare. Card is PURPLE.

Strong card, but it is decently itemized, i dont feel items with it beeing op.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  9. phoenix1189

phoenix1189 Kobold

I would be interested in seeing Cardhunter team's data about the impact of that card on game outcomes.

10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

in a sparring match, sucre used that on my wizard and I lost. IT SUCKS!111!1!1!11

in case you can't tell it's supposed to be ironic

11. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Yeah, in multiple rolls situation it has somewhat higher chances IF a character survives after un.block fails again and again, AND if kept in hand. Also you can not rely on it and act more aggresivly, waiting for un.block will prolong character's life.

Its a jackpot card, when it procs - its a surprise both for a player and an opponent. I dont underestimate it, but I dont overestimate it aswell :)

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Unreliable block is the best block in the game! It's the only block that when triggering brings with it a chance of an instant win. ;)

13. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

The chance of instant Resign? i think more the chance of a 2 minute disconnect :D or more likely your opponent will gamble much more allowing you to win with less risk... LOL

14. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

For some reason, I only found out about this :D

As a single player only, the nerfs won't change anything (nor affect) in my gameplay.

Well, one thing will change; Spellthwart Shield will be replaced by Bullseye Shield for sure!

I don't use boots with Sprint on them, because none of them are very good. Nerfing Sprint will make sure I'll never do. (I totally agree with their reasoning to do so when it comes to comparing the cards alone, but how about some love to the items that have Sprint on them?)

Lastly , I like some of the card changes simply because the cards make more sense now:
    1) Telekinesis is now actually telekinetic effect and not teleport other.
    2) Savage Curse as a frenzy makes total sense.

15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

So Jon is deploying a release, did i miss the part when all those rough balance propositions were finetuned?

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Barring any emergencies revealed by last-minute playtesting, we are moving forward with the changes.

17. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

so are manuver elves still going to be viable? I did give legit playtest advice that they were being overnerfed. A viable noob build should always exist.

18. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Dwarves still are untouched.

19. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Huh? Raging Battler, Apprentice Ferocity, Sprint, Team!

timeracers likes this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We received a lot of feedback, and evaluated it all. Voices were heard, data was looked at. Triple elf warrior will remain a relatively easy party to build and play.

(And we have a lot of fun new toys for many different playstyles coming soon in the expansion!)

ParodyKnaveBob, Maniafig and Macizo like this.