Summer Balance Discussion

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Jun 15, 2016.

1. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

There is anybody playing in the test server that can PM me? i have still to try more often a deck with accel time.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

New build on the test server. Includes Mauve Manticore 18 and a new Aloyzo's Arsenal winning item (official announcement still to come).

With regards to the Summer Balance changes, the only thing different from what you've been playing with is two changed dwarf skills:
    If any of you get around to doing more testing, I look forward to your feedback. :)

Tyro, Vakaz, Master Goo and 1 other person like this.
  3. karnal1

karnal1 Kobold

After test with an unmodified version of my Team Burst, I certify that the "savage curse" is not as effective as before. It can be played, but in less quantity. The changes of "Flash of Agony" make it impractical to use two "Searing Pain" because the self-inflicted damage is big.

With this in count, I tried a modified version of my Team Burst, with less "Savage Curse" and more "Unholy Wellspring"; with less "Flash of Agony" and more Burst. It works better than the unmodified version, but is less powerfull

With the change of "Telekinesis", the card is less powerfull but still able to fulfill its role.

Conclusion: With the new balance, the Team Burst will change, principally, the Priest. After that, the Team Burst will still have a good spot on competitive play.

4. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Changes seems good, but now gap between these two items seems too big.

I think Raging Battler can be nerfed a bit more (or Apprentice Ferocity to be nerfed less, to Block for example, or Wounded Block at least), otherwise Raging Battler will become the only possible choice.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Gotta agree unblock is more or less literally the worst block in the game.

ParodyKnaveBob, Worphos and Pyrious like this.
  6. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Nerf of Ragging Battler is way tiny compared to kill of one card on Apprentice Ferocity. They were somewhat same value before, i'm looking forward to see them similar values after changes aswell.

And thanks for the balancing works and letting us participate in:D

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I would rather see a Mail in place of thoughened hide stripes. 50/50 armor 2, no extras. As plain as armor gets. In that sense i like the Block proposition for apprentice ferocity.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Don't underestimate Unreliable Block :p
    Actually their power differences seem quite similar to me compared to before. Reliable Mail is a very good card.
    Anyway I like these changes. Finally stops wizards from running these 2 items :p I hope.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

I think the changes dont change its rarity, if where mail instead of the hide the item would drop to epic?

For the block could do fimsy block, dont know about weak block, but wounded block its better than plain block.

timeracers and Scarponi like this.
  10. Lord Feleran

11. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Macizo likes this.
  12. Lord Feleran

Unreliable Block sounds thematic to an apprentice skill :)

ParodyKnaveBob, Master Goo and Macizo like this.
  13. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

so do Weak Block and Flimsy Block.

As for the Raging Battler, why not Officer's Harness?

Master Goo likes this.
  14. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

With harness is still legendarys? I think so but i cant check it now

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

It would definitely change to a legendary with the aforementioned change.

16. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

With changes to Telekinesis, the shortcut on the first level of Tomb of Savings gets removed.
    cardhunter00080marked.jpg
    Extending the ropes would leave the shortcut available to tk, though this allows Jim to Fly over.
    cardhunter00080suggestion.jpg

Magic Elves likes this.
  17. Lord Feleran

I completed that map without teleporting over anyway.

ParodyKnaveBob and Robauke like this.
  18. Xylo

Xylo Kobold

While CH is rebalancing some cards, i think that some cards needs to be more in accordance to their rarity.
    I think that a perfect exemple is these 4 cards:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I don't really think boosting or reducing damages can be a good balance.
    A possible solution (in order to add some diversity in the game) could be that penetrating and strong stab can become LINEAR; the drop in damages can this way be compensate by the possibility to hit 2 traget (same as chop in some way)
    Items like Power pike or Laser spear (which both have 1/2 impaling stab - 1 penetrating stab) wouldn't feel a bit overcosted v/v their cards ( why having a gold which is just lower in damage than the one next to it?)

Magic Elves and Master Goo like this.
  19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

i always liked the idea of linear melee, i would just take it in for the novelty.

SceoMyntan likes this.
  20. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Linear range 2 actually could hit 3 targets... though it'd be incredibly difficult to line up.

ParodyKnaveBob, timeracers and Kalin like this.