FAQ and Glossary - Questions, Comments, Suggestions and Corrections

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Scarponi, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Okay, I'm still not 100% sure if I got this Guts thing right. If someone wants, it can easily be tested in test server's ranked games too.
    Talking only about MP here:
    Both have 1 char. He has Guts. I attack and kill him. I'm nearby. We both get defeat?
    Both have 1 char. He has Guts. He is burning to death at the end of the round. I'm nearby. We both get defeat? (Or maybe it matters who passed first the previous round or something?)

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Correct on both counts (assuming the Guts explosion kills your character). In the scenario you outlined it does not matter who the active player is (who passed first).

Force.ofWill and Lord Feleran like this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

ParodyKnaveBob and Force.ofWill like this.
  4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Repeated Targeting:
    If a char holding Adaptable is targeted multiple times, the first batch of damage will create the Immunity attachment, and that Immunity will block the remaining damage.

NEB:
    Could use a comment re its interaction with Doom.

Force.ofWill likes this.
  6. Lord Feleran

If I attack somebody who has some block himself but behind him stands his ally with a Defender's Block, which would trigger first?

7. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I might be wrong but I'd say it is in party order.

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I believe that is correct. Added clarifying language to the Anatomy of an Attack entry:

9. Lord Feleran

That might be a good piece to add.

10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Done.

ParodyKnaveBob and Master Goo like this.
  11. MaratPl

MaratPl Kobold

Hello all!
    I am from Russia, so sorry for my English.
    I have been playing CH only 2 weeks and do not know every thing about the game. So sorry me if my question is stupid.
    I complite the compain and open last 21 level endless dungeon Caverns of Chaos.
    My question is: how t up level after the compain?
    My party is 19 level and i know that there is even 50 level...
    How i could up level with out dungeons?

P.S. May be i am just stupid, but i realy do not understand.
    P.S.S. Caverns of Chaos tooo hard for me...

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Welcome to Card Hunter, Marat!

See here for information about how the charactel levels and XP work:
    http://forums.cardhunter.com/thread...unter-faq-and-glossary.6913/page-4#post-80243

The current maximum level characters can reach is 24. The deciding factor in this is the maximum adventure level available. If you buy the "Expedition to the Sky Citadel" adventures, they contain two level 21 adventures. These adventures will reward XP to characters until they reach level 24.

13. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I noticed there was nothing about reporting in the FAQ. Maybe you could add a short description and a link to this.

14. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Hi, can be added the Elo System and the Blitz mechanics? im searching but they appear to be a know secret but not all have the understanding of how it works

15. Lord Feleran

ParodyKnaveBob and Macizo like this.
  16. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

It is a modified Elo (not "ELO" since it is someone's name) system that is capped at certain max gains / losses.

17. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Not sure if this should be in the FAQ but if Barbed Platemail prevents damage from Ouch! you take 4 damage from the Barbed Platemail. This makes me wonder about other traits that deal damage to self.

Battle Log:
    Mungo becomes careless with his weapons.
    Mungo revealed Trained Bludgeon
    Mungo spikes his attacker.
    Mungo took 4 Piercing damage.
    Mungo took 0 Piercing damage.

18. That Should be added, Also those extrange cases: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/the-return-of-the-trait-triggering-in-hand-bug.9417/

With the new expansion, maybe some stuff should be added

Maybe I'm missing something feel free to add more.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  19. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

First and foremost excellent thread. I've referred to it in the past a couple times, but I'm sure I don't use it enough, heheh. I'll see if I can't have it available when I'm feeling chatty and helpful in World in the future.

The acronyms, initialisms, abbreviations could use updating.
    • CM and AA for sure.
    • GM, too, I believe.
    • In fact, next to AI, I'd note some ppl alternatively use it to mean artificial intelligence, but differentiating between GMs and the AI expansion keeps things clearer.
    • Maybe some commonly talked about build abbreviations like Blesscano / Accelblesscano. Since WoS (Wall of Stone) might only be good for forum archives at this point, perhaps CotB and 3DC builds would get similar mentions, too? EDIT: Like the 'cano combos, very much still in usage is 1/1/1 (by itself vs. race/class qualifiers like 1/1/1 elves or 1/1/1 warriors).
    • Sparkling Cloth Armor = SCA, ya pirate. $;^ J
    • EM, although it's practically archive fodder at this point unless BM makes it more than half usable again. (Funny how CM used to mean something else. Heh. Oh, well, come to think of it, maybe alternative obsolete usage?)
    • BM. $:^ ]
    • MM. I'd venture to guess it's in greater usage now that MMs are released monthly.
    • FG and RtS, but what about AG (Ancient Grudge)? Hm.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

question.png

I wanted to give this person a link to the answer, but the wiki (main page) still hasn't been updated with the AI modules, and should probably relabel "Treasure Hunts" to "Basic Edition Treasure Hunts". I considered linking to the Loot Fairy Tracker, but the icons used are hard to distinguish (I think @Flaxative should use the normal set icons instead except for Basic Edition).

I also checked the FAQ, but could not find entries for "Bundles", "Sets", or "Treasure Hunts".