Test Build 3.137 (12 May 2016)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, May 11, 2016.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Coming your way soon: Mauve Manticore 16, a new AA item, a new league and more!

Leagues
    • Entropy Wars is now schedulable.
    Steam Client
    • Should now be working again in the test branch.
    • Fix questor achievement if you complete an AI quest.
    • Fix the calculation of Franchisee achievement.
    Figure Purchases
    • Add demon figures to Cuthbert's
    • Explicitly roll back DB commit on failed figure purchase.
    • More comprehensive exception/error logging in figure purchase handler.
    Custom Scenarios
    • AI music and monsters for scenario editor
    Mauve Manticore
    • Mauve Manticore 16!
    Aloyzo's Arsenal
    • Aloyzo's Arsenal #9 winner
    Adventures
    • Some adventure/scenario text fixes.
    • But a Trifle capitalization fixed.
    • Some typos in MM15.3 intro text.
    Cards
    • Boiling Armor log text no longer uses "destroy"
    • Destructive Purge replaces attachments before damaging
    • Blizzard Breath and Disenchant say "discard" instead of "destroy"
    • Evil Salt now specifies that DAMAGE is added to DAMAGING attacks
    • Spell Skill text clarified
    • Attack the Darkness is an ATTACK/HANDICAP now
    • Mindless Battlerage short name changed to Mindless Rage

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Can't wait til this becomes a live build :).

40c_rudy likes this.
  3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

MM #16 battle 2 intro:
    dennisons -> denizens

Battle 2 is too hard. The combo of poison on most enemies and mushroom encumbrance and the occasional Trip is a deadly one. Nice way to cut down the gnomes before getting anything done. Way too many restarts required even after figuring out the trick.

Battle 3 is unplayably hard. I could not finish it. EDIT: Five party wipes Five revives (adventure total) are enough for me (fifteen full party deaths). Yes, I figured out the trick, it's not that.

There should not be a combo of vamps, healers and (gnome health relative) hard-hitting ranged enemies. I can get the elves down to one or two but at that point I never have enough health left to take on the stragglers. I'm not having fun at all.

Having Ouch in the gnome deck is the cherry on top. It's not even possible to wait for the top attacks to accumulate after taking one yellow square before luring the last enemy into an ambush. The Ouch death clock takes care of that tactic, the last resort I was capable of in any of my attempts.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    esthkol likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've noticed the PCs aren't included yet. And I think we're missing the normal mode version of the Negative Planar Portals and hard mode Rolling Boulder. Also, I can't see any difference between normal and hard mode Poison Elementals.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I edited my post above. I realised I described the number of retries inaccurately.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I didn't put them in, nor the variant poison elementals they spawn, because of the happy birthday/present launch mechanics.

The hard mode portals spawn the hard mode elementals.

How are other people doing with MM16? It's pretty reliably beatable for me.

Jarmo - on the 2nd battle - did you find the river crossing before the bridge? Makes it way easier. I can beat this map without ever engaging the fungus warrior.

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes. The fungus warrior still often encumbered and poisoned the gnomes before they would get across. It's not unsurmountable but it wasn't enjoyable having to redo it so many times even after learning the trick. It's not the real problem with the adventure, though.

The real problem is battle 3. One of the elements should be changed. If there are healers, they can't be vamps. If there are ranged casters, they need to hit less hard. Or Ouch needs to be removed from the gnome deck. Or the number of enemies should be reduced. Even changing the Fort Knoxed wizard attacks to weaker ones would make the battle possible. For me, every time I moved in for the final assault the attackers had so little health left the wizard and/or the guardian priest slaughtered them.

esthkol likes this.
  8. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

This hasn't shown up for me. How do I get it to show?

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Are you looking on the test server?

10. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

Oh. Thanks!

11. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

I can beat them reliably, I'm not sure why the 3rd battle needs 3 doors to get to the top vp. I end up spending most of that level beating down those doors while they get healed which is pretty boring.

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm trying them now.

Already found a bug on the first map: one of the bushes is Open terrain.
    mmgnomebug.png

timeracers likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Try teleporting or flying :D
    (You don't need to kill all enemies to win)

timeracers likes this.
  14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I tried that, and the elf chick blocked my attack and killed me with a zap.:p

So instead, I used Wild to kill the hiding priest to stop the clock, then slowly worked my way through the other doors. In the end, I had 4 defeats on the first map, 3 on second, and 2 on third (and got a Reality Warper in the club slot).

They're not the hardest MMs, but I'm not looking forward to doing it again on the live server.

esthkol likes this.
  15. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

That way isn't reliable enough with only one teleporter, I just took the single VP and then beat down the doors because the AI won't take the 2nd vp.

esthkol likes this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The AI can't pass through the doors because they're standing on difficult terrain.