[Guild] The Cult of Ironwood

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by gulo gulo, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I just wanna give my applause to the delightful WTF-moment provided by gulo yesterday. Says a lot about your determination when the initial reaction to you straying from it is met with total disbelief. Thanks for granting us a peek at a bizzaro CH parallel universe.

gulo gulo and FrigusMacto like this.
  2. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

indeed, well played Gulo

gulo gulo likes this.
  3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Thanks, I do what I can. Not sure how I should feel that the one day is going to be my most successful day (guild elo) of all time, however. Ha.

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

well it might have been mine too, with triple human wizards. Like i said, we got a peek at bizarro Cardhuntria.

5. Xvim

Xvim Kobold

Hello! Does Cult of Ironwood still recruiting? I am bit PvE and i dont think PvP till i get some good items, can i be still accepted?

6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

gulo gulo,

Rob's right about the initial reaction being "total disbelief." Shock might come later, but the very first thing that went through my mind was plain ol' denial.

*begins spectating gulo gulo battle*
    *sees some human wizards on the battlefield, a priest, some elf warriors*
    *trying to figure out why gulo gulo changed the name of his wizards, and why they're male*
    *noticing the elves have lowercase initialized first name and full surname, and they're male game show hosts*
    *noticing that when gulo's turn is up, an elf does something*
    *noticing that gulo's name is attached to the same side as the elf warriors*
    * $8^ O $8^ O $8^ O *

And, since I wasn't even thinking about the date in the context, you can say you got me for April Fool's Day. $E^ D All I knew was, I was curious to watch you play such, and I was afraid to say anything about "branching out" for scaring you away from trying something different for the first time (either ever or probably in years at least). $8^ o

And yeah, it was pretty funny watching you hunting down wizards and slicing them up into smithereens! $X^ D

fwiw, I had a paltry idea for an April 1 party, but I opted instead to spend all my efforts on that AI post $:^ }

40c_rudy likes this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

BURFFT VIVAM.
    BURFFT PRO VITA.
    BURFFT EST VITA.

visak13 likes this.
  8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

It's all-wizard created BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFT.

Burst is life.

9. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ironwood:

I'd really appreciate it if everyone attempted to move away from buffed bursting. I've been advised to move down from my previous edict, so I'll say buffed bursting is strongly discouraged, but I will not ban anything.

Or course, if anyone wants to leave based on this edict, you are free to do so, no questions asked, and no disdain towards you in any fashion. Travel forth into Cardhuntria and fight for honor as you would like.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Flaxative, 40c_rudy and Robauke like this.
  10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Inb4 suddenly 11th place

11. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Not sure if you're trying to be funny, but you failed horribly.
    I'm taking a stand on my guild, be it the right decision or the wrong one.

Regardless, I am fully confident that The Cult of Ironwood does not need buffed bursting to maintain its place in the standings.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Melancthon likes this.
  12. ParodyKnaveBob

$F^ ,

13. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I just want us to learn how to win without it. I think it would do us well.

'Nothing gives easy. Easy gives nothing.'

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Flaxative and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  14. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

I joined IW to a very large degree because there were no demands on me for doing so.

Now there is a demand.

I do not yield to demands.

I crave freedom above any authority, be it in games or real life.

While I haven't used burst in a while, I know I will at some point. Even if I know I could do without burfft, I cannot do without my freedoms.

My only question remain: Shall I leave now, knowing that I will break this rule at some point, or shall I wait until I am ""caught""?

One set of quotation marks did not do the encapsulation of the word "caught" justice in the previous sentence as it is quite a ludicrous thing to say.

Finally, a comment: At first I thought it was a late april fools joke. Now, I'm just dissappointed.

Thinking more about it, I have my answer. I cannot stay in an oppressive regime.

Suddenly, my motto is changing to:

Ironwood authoritarian.
    Ironwood immoral.
    Ironwood unfree.

Goodbye.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

So serious :eek:

16. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

17. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

Yup. It's by removing authorities from my life that I can otherwise be so free an happy that I am! That's why I take my freedoms seriously! :D

18. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

Desertion complete. Catch you in the wild, former comrades!

19. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

finally won't be losing 10 contribution because SoulEye burfffts me

it will just be 2

Robauke likes this.
  20. Souleye

Souleye Orc Soldier

Played the desertion map twice but I'm still not out. Feel free to help me along, Gulo.