single player farming builds

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by c4rnivean, Apr 13, 2016.

1. c4rnivean

c4rnivean Orc Soldier

An easy way to get loot is playing through the modules each day. But Troll Tyrant gives the same number and rarity of items as Caverns of the Trog. So most people who farm the modules start from the bottom. I personally make it through the level 6 modules before it starts to drag.

I use variants on the party below: buff priest, fire mage, and a tank to outlive the fire. Any suggestions on improvements? Any alternate builds people prefer like 2x fire mage + 3 iljins that will shave a little off my time or keep it fast past level 6?

Rinnskaz
    Level 12 Dwarf Warrior

Bumbledore
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Busty Choppins
    Level 20 Dwarf Priest

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. c4rnivean

c4rnivean Orc Soldier

3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Other farming threads:
    My setup:

Urist McSorcererer
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Urist McMagician
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Urist McBuffer
    Level 24 Dwarf Priest

Urist McSorcererer
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Urist McMagician
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Marie Cure
    Level 24 Human Priest

Human Priest gets the VP on the last battle. I also switch both Staff Of The Misanthropes for Mullik's Blisterstaff

and so on...

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

I use various iterations of a draw priest, dwarf Firestorm wizard and Elf Flash Of Agony Wizard pretty much for all levels, with new ones every three token changes (tokenless, 3 (minortoken), 6(minortoken), 7(minortoken)1(majortoken),4(minortoken)4(majortoken), More). I often try to get the less useful wizard for whatever map killed to speed up the game.

Not going to bother copying everything out, but the bones of them:

Priest: Demon Charm Of The 2nd Circle, (minortoken) St. Forgue's Sword, Advanced Flexibility + various unimportant stuff.
    Firestorm: Azgul's Orb, Firehide Robes, Staff Of The Inferno (minortoken) Wym's Lavastaff, (majortoken) Warpers + stuff
    Flash of Agony: Staff Of The Misanthrope, Armorbane Pendant, (minortoken) Cotton Wizard Robes, Ulalia's Boots, Painful Flashstaff, (majortoken) Robes Of White Wylla, Searing Pain.

I have some other characters for variation, but these are the quickest guys usually.

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Not much has changed since then. IMHO, Firestorm still reigns supreme in low level farming.
    Flash Of Agony, Savage Curse and some other cards were nefred, as well as Electroporter Novice and Raging Battler.

Acquisitions Incorporated bought tanky priests Night-Forged Plate.

Castle Mitternacht bought many great items. Usually, I prefer Galvanized Zombie Boots over Bertha's Big Clogs. Subterranean Ferocity is my default racial skill for dwarves and Battery is the default for wizards.

Xander's Mail got upgraded to Snarlcub Hide and Reckless Lycanthropy is just pure fun.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

For those just starting out, Outcast's Relic on a priest is a good way to amplify your damage until you can flesh out your firestorm build to 3 wiz.
    Also, Staff Of The Inferno is a very handy level 3 staff for farming, but it won't drop in the campaign until your renown reaches 15. If you're having trouble getting that far, you might find another player or two willing to co-op with you to get you over the hump.
    My temporary account has been a disappointment this session (7 months, this time), and I'm having it reset next week so I'll be back to crawling through with bukkis for gear. Dunno why, but I enjoy building from scratch periodically.
    Good Hunting!

Jaer, Reint and Pawndawan like this.
  7. Nero313

Nero313 Mushroom Warrior

This guys is still working on campaign.... it's been 5 yrs. I wouldn't take his advice. It took me 2 months.

Mitkar98 likes this.