Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Jump Soldier! is available on a tokenless item and it rarely sees play so probably not that OP. The main thing is I wanted to make the card playable for any class which I felt it wasn't with the current options in the game: Comes with vulnerable or has a gold token cost.

Imagine a team of human spear warriors with some hidden tech for setting up that perfect positioning or shoving someone off a VP. Or a way for vamp priests to eek out that extra step needed to get their victim into lifesuck range(at cantrip speed!). Even a human wizard team getting some nice insta-shoves to get people onto lava before hitting that accelerate time button. So much fun!

I just saw that Jon actually liked it so that makes me happy even if the card never gets made. :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I like it. It seems best suited for MP, but is definitely playable in either mode. 2 cantrips and a cycling (in PvP) trait may be considered a bit much for AA. Dunno. I predict this and my other favorite submitted items will lose to something less playable with a more pacifist theme. I hope I'm wrong.

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Naming the race skills is tricky, i wonder if its allowed to break out of the exisiting "families". I didnt dare not to reference one with my human skill.

4. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I kinda did.

Normally Pathfinding is on cards with "Scouting" in its name. And Scouting Run is on cards with "Insight" in its name.

Kinda silly, so I shook things up.

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I think breaking out of the existing families is almost expected: Infected & Traveler From The North.

But maybe it's a bit different with cards that all are already found in race skills. Nevertheless, I don't think breaking out of the existing family names is an issue.

ParodyKnaveBob and j3st3ri like this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I thought about this some more today while at work. "Conflict Avoidance" seems to be a great phrase to add to this submission somehow, especially in light of the month's theme -- although at this point I believe the winner will probably have Martyr Blessing just due to absolutely perfect flavor. Again, I haven't checked my thesaurus yet for shields (otherwise Aeolus' Aegis (or Aegis of Aeolus) came to mind off the top of my head), but I'm still thinking it'd be nice to have "___ of Conflict Avoidance" or "Conflict Avoidance ___" that puns nicely. I considered different forms of the word "to avoid," but I keep concluding (so far) that that specific English phrase ("conflict avoidance") needs to stay exactly as-is (unless, come to think of it, "... Avoid Conflict ..." would work with anything nicely).

Lol, Shield of Ultimate Conflict Avoidance. $;^ D

Sir Veza and timeracers like this.
  7. hello world

hello world Hydra

I was going for true compassion or automatic shieldpopper of mistery, but these names seems fine too.

I fear it is a little too similar to the last winner , so if you want to submit it is fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if impetuous heal was moved to silver for divine sjkill.

8. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

It's AA. I'd have fun with it. Flax has said several times that the name of the item is very important. I chose Telling Gesture for the double meaning for the cards I picked. Jump Soldier is a gesture telling someone where to step. And Obvious Maneuver is a gesture which acts as a tell to your opponent to what you're going to do next. Thought it fit perfect....

ParodyKnaveBob and SceoMyntan like this.
  9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I got it, though i thought it was more about a telltale sign, like very unsubtle instructions that can be understood by anyone seeing them.

10. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Exactly! It's great to have someone barking out orders on the battlefield but your opponent can hear you too(Obviously)!

11. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

• Spirit of Friendship
    • Saddlebags of the Technicolor Talking Horse
    • Civil Debater
    • Papal Mitre
    • Violent Pacifism Extremist
    • Empty Laser Pistol (Drained Battery x6)
    • Holy Chalice of Unity and Mayonnaise Gargling
    • Bernie Sanders' Attack Ad
    • Roosevelt's Big-Ass Stick
    • Clinton's Bank-Bane Knife of Cutting-It-Out
    • Far-Out Bong of Enlightenment
    • Canada
    • Draconian Policies of the Manchurian Establishment
    • Babyskin Cloak of Raw Emotion
    • Ezekiel 25:17
    • Easter Island Nuclear Weapons Stockpile
    • I'm Just Making Up Bullcrap at this point because I'm impatiently waiting for results and am freaking bored today
    • A Bowl of Fruit
    • Colt .45 and Two Zigzags
    • Donald Trump's Wall of Amigos
    • Rare Pepe
    • Iraq's WMD
    • @Flaxative 's Facepalm of "Goddamnit Dieben"
    • @Jon 's Silence on my Attention-Whoring Shenanigans
    • Crunchy Chick
    • Half-Baked Idea
    • Mister Rogers' Bloodstained Sweater
    • Mic Drop

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Please do not alert Flaxative to a thread which Flaxative made to allow private discussion about items. (I believe naming someone alerts said person)

13. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

The beacons have been lit! The thread calls for aid!

I think it's actually the best kind of trolling. Flax knows he's being talked about... but if he wants to uphold his promise, he has to ignore it. Or he can break his word, check the thread, and live with the knowledge that he broke his word for something utterly pointless. Win/win for a man like @Dieben, anyways.

14. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

[​IMG]

15. jdotri

jdotri War Monkey

16. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Have you tried to online Google Spreadsheet version?
    Anyways, your item is level 8(.5) rare item, costing one minor ((minortoken)) token.

jdotri likes this.
  17. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I just want to remind everyone that YAY WE WON in regards to getting a place to talk about items. I remember when Flax went on a month long rampage against the idea. And see how helpful it has been since then?! LOGIC PREVAILS! :-P

Robauke, FDrybob and Sir Veza like this.
  18. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

(trolling Flaxative)

The good news is, Dieben shows up in his alert for the @ mention in this thread, thus he insta-knows he can just roll his eyes and ignore it for a month. $E^ D

Dieben likes this.
  19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Any feedback on my item?
    It's something I would play in SP, but I'm not sure how playable it would be in MP these days. (Aside from being totally unplayable by gulo gulo.)
    Note: The name is a play on an Ayn Rand quote, rather than the more recent "Unbearable Lightness" by Milan.

20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It is good to get the discussion out of the shadows of PMs and into a thread. (I still use PMs, by the way, for offering unsolicited observations.) Now, if people will actually use this thread, the Item Creation Design Discussion' thread you and Timeracers built, and Vakaz's Item Creator, we should get many good and truly viable entries.
    Some players will ignore the material the three of you laboriously produced, but that's to be expected. It doesn't detract from value of the instruction and tools you provided. Thanks again!