Forest Fracas

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Magic Elves, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Made a map based off of the idea I had of a large player controlled group of respawning enemies fighting a tough opponent. Still fiddling with it a bit, but I think it's a pretty good one!

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • Defeating Melvelous wins the map.
    • The Goblin Grunts respawn every turn, so throw them at the enemy!
    • Melvelous is sitting on opponent victory terrain, so don't let him win by completing whatever spell he's casting!
    • Losing a shaman means that they don't respawn and Gary gets 2 points, so be careful!
    • Your shamans have the strongest attacks, so they may be very helpful in fighting.
    EDIT: After loads of testing by many helpful volunteers, the VPs Gary needs to win has been finalized at 8.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Love the idea, and I was planning on making something like this but you got here first :p
    But i'v gotta say, this look very hard at the moment!
    Cant wait to try it out.

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

pity all those magic blocks that come with kobolds are wildly useless.

4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I have no idea what victory points to set this at. I've beaten it in round 5 with Gary only haven got 4 points, but that's probably a bit low. If people could test the map and say how many points Gary got or if he won, that would be very useful.

5. Lord Patches

Lord Patches War Monkey

This looks like a lot of fun, I look forward to downloading this and playing it later this weekend!

Magic Elves likes this.
  6. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Finalized the amount of Victory Points Gary needs to win at 8, after testing. My personal best is victory when Gary only has 4 points, and most people tend to win when he has around 6-7.

7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

After you left, I won in another round and a half or so.

Since I'd made waste of so many of his troops and my shamans had garnered their interest to especially one side, I finally swooped around the other side. I kept some minions with the guards to remain fodder while my shamans double-frenzied and energized my bumrushing goblins, keeping a couple more minions near me as another guard shield. So yep, Melvelous had another 3-or-so VPs to go when he got Bludgeoned and Clumsy Chopped to death. $:^ ]

...or did he shatter into illusory glass to laugh again another day?!

As I said at the time, I enjoy. It seems to give the player options, and it's a different feel from many other battles. (Of course, you're inb4 AI, right? Ha ha ha ha.) If you want this for MM, who knows if it could make it before the expansion. Or, for that matter, maybe it would be good that after a month or more of players dealing with a lot of enemy-respawning mechanics, they then get to play as the respawning masses in an MM. $:^ ]

Master Goo and Magic Elves like this.
  8. Master Goo

Master Goo Ogre

Looks interesting, downloaded, will report results.

Magic Elves likes this.
  9. BlueSabere

BlueSabere Kobold

Heres scenario stuff Melves

Intro: The Might Melvelous has hired guards to pillage your tribe and steal from your local shamans. They escaped, but you lead a large war band and followed them, straight to the nefarious evildoer. He's casting a spell! Get him before he wipes out the rest of your tribe!!

Post-Victory: Melvelous finishes casting his spell right as you slay him, and you run in fear from the white light emanating from the summoning circle. After the light fades, you look back and you see... your lost brother Goblikson!! You have a tearful reunion and desecrate Melvelous' body and cover him Orc fasces, as per goblin tradition.

SpaceDoubt likes this.
  10. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

That was actually pretty cool, [insertcolorhere]Sabere -- except for that out-of-the-[insertcolorhere] desecration spiel at the end...

P.S. Of course, since CH would probably be better off not considering Melvelous dead, even in fanfiction, perhaps "slay" would need reconsideration, too.