my team advice needed

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by snickersimba, Dec 31, 2015.

1. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

Haldir
    Level 10 Elf Warrior

Victor
    Level 6 Human Wizard

Gorbryn
    Level 6 Dwarf Priest

2. snickersimba

Haldir
    Level 10 Elf Warrior

Emily
    Level 11 Human Priest

Gorbryn
    Level 6 Dwarf Priest

3. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

Which team do you prefer playing? The first post or second? I'd tend towards having a wizard in my team, but that's just personal preference.

As regards the characters: All seem fairly solid to me.

Haldir - Fairly standard well-made bejewelled elf.

Victor - All pretty solid items in themselves. Cotton Wizard Robes are great, in my opinion, if a little hard to use effectively, but I'm not sure if this wizard has enough direct attacks for it to be useful here; also arcane aura is best when attacking multiple targets. Perhaps a robe with more traits (Portal Frock, perhaps, or similar), or you could swap the tokens around. I'm not too sure about using Mighty Sparkping Staff without being as electricity focused as possible, though perhaps it's ok.

Gorbryn - Again, all solid items (2nd version). However, it looks like you aren't using a couple of tokens. Vampire weapons are a bit in short supply and I guess you are missing the better ones such as Bynzer's Black Spear. Note that "each point" in the search bar lets you find vampire attacks. Perhaps forgo some vampire damage and use Lifesuck Spear for the time being? Vampire Sword is very good though. Perhaps upgrade the shield to a major token (Aegis Of The Defender, or something like it) and try use all your tokens.

Emily - Solid items also. Uses a major token as a minor though. Also, savage curse works best with burst wizards or similar, it isn't all that great with melee unless you are playing around it somehow. Possibly upgrade the divine armour to a major one (Mail Of The Martyr, maybe), and switch to Focused Piety for more altruism.

4. snickersimba

the second one was more leaning to all vampire, but I don't really like the lack of ranged weapons. The new build for victor replaced his robes and sparkping withWizards Warpcloak and Staff Of Winter hes supposed to be offensive focused but ehhh its not final.

5. snickersimba

I will upload the current build of victor when I get the chance at school. I really can't play multiplayer until they unban me (thirty days!) I am guessing reports just piled up from a few victories against sore losers. I actually have aegis of the defender and I need to get crusty helm but it never drops for me, its the ONE rare I need and it hasn't dropped. I wish I could upload my collection, I have a few items I wish to show off. If I want to set a long term goal for my game, I would say victor turning into a burn wizard, with all the trimmings.

6. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Were you told the infraction for which you were banned?

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You could try this. If you want it to be more user-friendly to the reader, run it through the Equipment Table Cross-Reference, paste it into a spreadsheet, and post the spreadsheet as an attachment. Either will work.

8. snickersimba

yeah, reports of abuse and stalling and throwing matches. It should be cleared up soon as yesterday I was forced to keep DCing and switching computers because one of my fellow students started flipping out to the point of frothing at the mouth and throwing a desk at a teachers head hard enough to break the desk AND the wall. You know, something that I cannot control and I had to leave the room when the crazed madman entered so the teachers could safely tackle him to the floor and prevent him from hurting anyone

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  9. snickersimba

how does one open the console on a chromebook to copy/paste my team?

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've never really looked at chromebooks, but I'm guessing they have function keys.
    Press F1 twice to open the input bar and main window. F1 again to close.
    Or press F2 once to open both, and F1 to close.
    On most newer computers you'll need to hold the fn key to make the function keys work.

11. snickersimba

erm, they kinda don't at all.. Like, they have NO keys like that, hence why I asked. I normally can do it easily but I would need a real keyboard. First I get hit in the head with a basketball, then I get banned from cardhunter and now I have a sore throat.....off topic I know, on topic I discovered a hidden interaction I didn't notice until now since I normally don't run bashes. Bash works with path of knives

12. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

F1 is the key directly to the right of the escape key (it should look like a back arrow on a chromebook).

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

And you may have to click in the CH window to ensure it is active. Otherwise you may just get a help screen for your browser.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Not all keyboards have function keys. I've asked before that they add a button to the menu to open the console.

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I remember that. A button would be great. A key combination would at least be an improvement if it were easier. I bet @Farbs would know a good fix. :)

16. snickersimba

How do I build a smoke wizard? I just need the item list, I have smoke pin already

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Start with 4x Smoke Pins. Staff of Soot or Staff of Billows, and Smoke Robe can round it out.
    Select your other items based upon what else you want the wizard to do. Things that don't require LOS can be very helpful.

18. snickersimba

hm, I only have one smoke pin, but I have box of smoke and ring of smoke as well. Hmmm... don't have either staff.... looks like thats out of the question then, perhaps cold wizard or electric wizard? I got lots of those items, especially cold staves. Just need supercooled laser to finish it off. Off topic ramble that should be ignored:
    Weak armor should be renamed to breastplate, it makes more sense for it, as a breastplate would cover only your chest, a knife in the back wouldn't be affected