Caverns of Chaos

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Obernoob, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Round 3 - My mages could not handle the war dogs.

2. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

congratulations :)

timeracers and Brishna like this.
  3. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Congratulations on completing CoC! I will do my best to answer your questions as best I can:

Caverns of Chaos does exhaust, but I think that it should still be replayable without any affect on the quality of the loot obtained from the battles. If it does not then I think this is a bug.

Someone else has also reported that they only received rares from a nightmare node. I assume this is a bug.

I don't think that you are guaranteed another Crown of Chaos if you complete Caverns of Chaos again but I could be mistaken. I don't know what the guaranteed item quality is (maybe epic+ like the nightmare nodes?).

I believe that Return to the Caverns of Chaos offers standard campaign adventure rewards for each battle, with the final battle rewarding at least a rare. It is just intended as a fun addition in which you can see how your own party would fare in the Caverns of Chaos.

FYI it might be worth reposting this in the Release 3.81 thread on the Announcements board just to make sure @Flaxative sees it, especially since this is the last post on the page.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

These answers all seem correct. You only get the crown once. Jon's looking into a potential bug with the guaranteed rarity thing.

Sir Veza and timeracers like this.
  5. Yxklyx

Yxklyx Mushroom Warrior

I got to level 7 before I failed from some stupid plays. I quit then because it was getting late. What happens at that point - do you have start back at the first battle? Also, how long does the game keep your progress saved?

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

When you lose any battle you have to start over from the beginning.

I misunderstood your question. If you quit BETWEEN battles, you'll be able to start right back where you were next time you go to the campaign. Your position will be saved indefinitely unless you do anything else in singleplayer.

timeracers likes this.
  7. Fry

Fry Ogre

Hrngh, CoC is trying to tempt me into buying Club membership, this is from node 3:
    [​IMG]

edit: next run, Chartwell's Amulet in the club slot. I feel less bad about that because it's not as obviously amazing as The Strongarm, but still smells like a conspiracy. :p
    edit: another run, another club legendary: Ozerian's Boots

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  8. Wocket

Wocket Orc Soldier

I'm sure others besides me are more adept at item sprite recognition, but I'd say that you certainly had a chance at some sort of weapon there.

Jezterscap and Scarponi like this.
  9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

The Strongarm

10. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

In all its majestic glory. Please Wocket, try and keep up ;)

11. Yxklyx

Yxklyx Mushroom Warrior

Should a level 6 item exist in a level 21 adventure? I thought there was a +/- 3 rule something something...

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Caverns of Chaos drops items of all levels.

13. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

If you beat CoC and play it again, will the last level be an epic drop instead of the crown?

14. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

It will be an epic+ (my guess)

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Let us check the Caverns of Chaos announcement for that:
    http://www.cardhunter.com/2015/10/coming-soon-caverns-of-chaos/
    "The rewards are good, too, with each battle after the first guaranteeing a rare or better item (the last three battles reward epics or better)."

Yes, yes it will.

Han Lee and Flaxative like this.
  16. Maxime

Maxime Ogre

Does CoC adapt to my characaters' level ? I mean can I go with a team of 3 char lvl 10-15 or will it be impossible to win ?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  17. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

I have defeated the Caverns a second time! (well first on the main server)
    Highlights:
    Was not meant to be.jpg
    This one I lost horribly with my elves getting barraged to death.

Not My Happy Place.jpg
    That poor middle vamp, on the other hand Mokad versus trog wizards is overkill

Quick Jons.jpg
    Quick Jons!

One of my team members is not pulling their weight.jpg
    One of these characters is not like the others. :)

one HP at a time.jpg
    This is a good hiding spot

Too Big.jpg
    Grendel is too fat to swap with :(

Victory.jpg
    Victory!

Loot.jpg
    Sweet, Sweet loots!

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The first battle is with your party. It will be hard for level 10-15 characters as it's a level 21 battle.

For all of the other battles you use a random party the game gives you. It does not matter what level your party is as you won't be using it. In Cardhuntria, Caverns of Chaos does not adapt to you, you adapt to Caverns of Chaos or you die.

19. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

I think you mean you adapt to Caverns of Chaos and you die. :D

Bandreus, Wocket, Maniafig and 7 others like this.
  20. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Hey, @Sir Veza, how happy are you with the CoC loot drops?

Melancthon likes this.