Test Build 3.76.0 (30 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Map 1: 2 Minutes. Kept getting the worst of my deck instead of the card draws needed.
    Map 2: 2 minutes. This was simple as there were 3 goblin priests, 2 tin golems, and 3 servants.
    Map 3: 2 minutes. 2 tin golems, 2 scanners, and 2 lizardmen netters.
    Map 4: 8 minutes. The crossbow users kept jumping around the map hoping they would not get killed.
    Mao 5: 10 minutes. I had to kill some turrets hidden in corners of the walls.
    Map 6: 5 minutes. The mutant warriors kept radiation blasting everyone including their allies, making my victory easier.
    Map 7: Lost. I had two wizards and a warrior who could not overcome the 2 adult wyverns and their double grounding plates equaling 8 armor.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

A brief update on Caverns of Chaos progress. I think I'm done. My most recent changes aren't on test yet but hopefully will be soon. The two big things are:

1. I implemented the aforementioned Caverns of Chaos Lite, which unlocks after you beat CoC and lets you play against random enemies with your constructed party. Normal loot tables, but a guaranteed rare on the final battle if you make it. CoC Lite does not remove CoC. It is a bonus.

2. Legendary heroes. There are 9 new 'named' characters that can show up in your party when playing Caverns of Chaos. On the Nightmarish nodes, a maximum of one of your three party members has a roughly 1/3 chance of upgrading. On the final battle, all three of your party members have a 1/3 chance of upgrading.

The nine legendary characters are:
    • Bleneth
    • Bolg
    • Chartwell
    • Glasod
    • Mokad
    • Quick Jon
    • Wym
    • Xander
    • Pain

They all have level 24 hit points and BS decks.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Pain? Okay. Probably better than Hawlic.

4. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

Run #4
    Total Time: 27 minutes
    Battles Won: 5

Run #5
    Total Time: 40 minutes
    Battles Won: 7

Run #6
    Total Time: 26 minutes

Run #7
    Total Time: 40 minutes
    Battles Won: 7

Run #8
    Total Time: 20 minutes

Run #9
    Total Time: 10 minutes
    Battles Won: 3

Run #10
    Total Time: 15 minutes
    Battles Won: 3

5. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Just to clarify, does that mean that the legendary heroes will ONLY appear on Nightmare and above, or do they have a smaller chance of appearing on the Entropy levels?

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Only Nightmare and above, yes.

7. Battle 1: 50 seconds.
    Battle 2: 3 minutes.
    Battle 3: Lost due to being constantly pot-shotted by regular wyverns with the slime priest doing nothing to prevent it.

Too bad the masses will not know how much we tested the module in order to make it playable without needing therapy.

8. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

I've been lurking the Caverns of Chaos topics since the first build, but I'm too much of a scaredy cat to join the carnage on the test server.
    Worry not, your deeds will not be forgotten. Some months (weeks?) from now I can see myself ragequitting CoC, and knowing that you guys managed to do it when it was (almost) unplayable will aggravate me even more. Cheers!

9. Among the testing I have a new-found hatred for Plant Pygmies and Adult Wyverns.
    So much so that I would like to submit a map for the Caverns entitled: You cannot win.
    [​IMG]

Is there a way to identify the trigger on Gary's "helpful" hints when clicking on armor or blocks?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    PurpleRed and Maniafig like this.
  10. B3@R-s

B3@R-s Kobold

Yeah, I managed to speed through the campaign in a few days.

11. PurpleRed

PurpleRed Orc Soldier

I think I can trump Wyverns and Pygmies, try laser turrets on an open map. Their cone attack doesn't even hit friendlies, so they are free to fire at will. Expect 20-60 damage per round.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Shouldn't it just be max 20 because they only attack once each?

13. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

I guess he means in total, 20 damage per character x 3 = 60 damage.

Wyvers and trolls has to be the worst combination in the game, these creatures are overpowered on their own, let alone in the same map. Turrets are also extremely hard to beat, i think i have only won once against them and that was because one of them was behind a wall if i recall correctly. In open maps both turrets and robots are impossible to beat.

I have made around 40 runs so far, and i have come to the conclusion that you just have to get lucky in order to beat CoC. Others will get lucky after 5 runs, others after 50. Of course avoiding mistakes is crucial, but the nature of this adventure is such that even if you make none, you still need the right combination of characters, mobs and maps to win. Personally, i would have loved if it was less luck dependant (mainly because i am terrible with anything that has to do with luck), but i still like it a lot as it is now.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I beat the robots on an open map (Arena Finals, map 2) with 2 human priests. (I also had an elf wizard for about 12 seconds.) No nimbus, but movement and a little healing won the day. The robots having to charge up makes all the difference. If you can be in a position to move out of their cones, they will clear most of the map for you. Lucking into good placement, and having other opponents that are weak or slow is also necessary.
    Usually, however, the match-up is worse, and I lose to them.

LeisureSuitLoli and 40c_rudy like this.
  15. PurpleRed

PurpleRed Orc Soldier

I refer to the total team damage, with can be 60 because they are cone attacks, like 40c_rudy said (range 8 cones, that don't hit friendlies...). Because they are teamed, they have plenty of rotate cards as well, so there is no escape. This was the first time (other than bliz), where it was just a laughable slaughter, my whole team dissolved without anything other than the turrets doing any real damage.

Like security robots, these turrets might have been an interesting challenge on a map with cover. So I would be inclined to point the finger of guilt at the map rather than the turrets though. I would agree Wyv's and trolls are worse in general.

Trolls seem like a good candidate to only appear as singles, rather than teams. They have many move cards in their deck and hence the team (with twice the card draw and twice the threat opportunity) becomes very difficult to outmaneuver. This outweighs the risk of multiple attacks, as an experienced player will often be able to entirely avoid melee with a single troll.

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. On an actual game testing note:
    A few of the sound effects are very loud. Much more than they once were. They even crackle.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Is it possible that your sound settings are just different on live & test? I don't think we've changed any sounds or sound-related code...

18. It doesn't seem to be my settings. I keep the audio at 6. It could just be my PC though.

19. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Runs
    Try #: 1
    Total Time: 31min
    Battles Won 6

Try #: 2
    Total Time: 21min
    Battles Won 3

Try #: 3
    Total Time: 26min
    Battles Won 5

Try #: 4
    Total Time: 17min
    Battles Won 5

Try #: 5
    Total Time: 29min
    Battles Won 6

Try #: 6
    Total Time: 26min
    Battles Won 4

Try #: 7
    Total Time: 13min
    Battles Won 3

Try #: 8
    Total Time: 37min
    Battles Won 7

Try #: 9
    Total Time: 33min
    Battles Won 8

Try #: 10
    Total Time: 15min
    Battles Won 3

There was a map I played that was missing some tiles though this may be just a network error
    missing tiles.jpg

Some highlights:
    happy camper.jpg
    Happy campers :)

Too difficult 3rd battle.jpg
    So many Servants!

Sir Veza and Han Lee like this.
  20. Punf

Punf Lizardman Priest

Run #1
    Total Time: 31 minutes
    Battles Won: 6