Test Build 3.76.0 (30 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

More work on Caverns of Chaos plus some new leagues.

Kongregate client
    • Add Kong stat for defeating Greenfang.
    Caverns of Chaos
    • CoC battle 1 doesn't guarantee a rare drop.
    • Fixed spawn bug for CoC ranged groups (lizardman netters & young wyverns, for the record).
    • Fixed some CoC board bugs.
    • Existing CoC premade party decks made slightly stronger, focusing on increasing resilience.
    • CoC premades have level 21 HP.
    Leagues
    • Added four new QD leagues.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    CT5, 40c_rudy, Sir Veza and 4 others like this.
  2. Benhimself

Benhimself War Monkey

Still looking for times and win rates, or anything else in particular?

3. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

This change applies only to the first level or to every level of CoC?

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah that was a typo of mine in the commit message. The change only applies to the first battle.

I haven't added legendary characters to the final battle yet, so that might still be painful, but sure!

To make life easier for me, please, anyone testing CoC, give me your run data in the following format:

Run #X
    Total Time: Y minutes
    Battles WON: Z battles

@B3@R-s -- you seem to have already gotten ADVLVL17 flag on test. Is CoC showing up for you?
    @Punf -- I've leveled up your dudes and given you access.

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. 40c_rudy

Do you want the total time for each run or the total time for battles won in each run?

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Total time for the run (start to death), please, as before. It's just more work for me to add up the battle times. ;D

40c_rudy likes this.
  7. 40c_rudy

Sure thing Flax, it is easier for me too. Someone has already commented on it, but i have noticed that security robots are still in teams, so there is no way to tell who is going to attack when they use Charge Up. Is your intention to keep them this way, or are you thinking about changing it?

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes, I changed my mind and decided to leave the sec bots in teams so they can't fire multiple times/round.

9. 40c_rudy

Run #1
    Total Time: 45 minutes
    Battles Won: 6

Run #2
    Total Time: 20 minutes
    Battles Won: 4

Run #3
    Total Time: 40 minutes
    Battles Won: 6

In my first run triple priests was my demise, while in the other two triple wizards (along with a couple of turrets in an open map for my last run).

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Run #1
    Total Time: 57 min
    Battles Won: 7

Map 8: Blizkenripper lair, no cover, about 14 ranged & 2 melee enemies, party: elf wizard, dwarf wizard, human warrior. I was most likely dead before it started. The battle felt unwinnable. They had longer range than I did and there was nowhere to force them to closer range. Instead of dealing a hand like this it would almost be fairer to just roll a die before a battle and show a graphic: You rolled a 1, your party was crushed by an avalanche. On the other hand, if every battle was winnable, we would, every time...

Hmm. Maybe if I had kamikazed the archers with the warrior and tried to take as many down as I could before perishing...

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The nightmare is real. Gotta work to earn those epics ;)

timeracers likes this.
  12. Battle 1: 3 minutes (I use a 2 human priest, 1 human wizard burst deck).
    Battle 2: 7 minutes.
    Battle 3: 3 minutes. Lost due to poor draws after round 1 (no attacks on the priests) and parry failing 5 times.
    [​IMG]

All-in-all, the newer build has easier set-ups. They are nowhere near as trollish as they once were. A person can now make it to the 7's and up without wanting to destroy their computer from rage.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Run #1
    Time: 31 minutes
    WON: 3 battles

Run #2
    Time: 18 minutes
    WON: 2 battles

Dying more slowly on the ones I lose. Triple wiz hell is almost as slow as priests. There are still warriors available, right?

Han Lee and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  14. Yes, there are. I have video proof of it (once I get done editing and putting sound in it).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  15. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

This build has been updated to 3.77.0 which just has a change to some Kongregate stats stuff.

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Run #1
    35 minutes
    5 wins

Run #2
    8 minutes
    1 win

Run #3
    19 minutes
    3 wins

Run #4
    41 minutes
    6 wins

17. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Run #1
    68 minutes
    7 wins

Triple Priest on map #7. Two vampires and the celestial skin human priest. Good times.
    Triple Priest on map #8. Vampire, ooze and holiday skin human priest. Sad times, and the first time I've resigned in CoC.

Possible bug unrelated to CoC:
    In battle #2, I think Festering Guts was attached to a Forest Spider (via radiation terrain) and was then discarded without triggering when it was killed. Unfortunately I forgot to save the battle log. Has anyone else observed this? If not then I'm probably just misremembering.

18. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Run #2
    100 minutes (approx.)
    CoC Defeated.jpg
    10 wins

Wow, that was a lot of fun! I would have lost on round 8 if the characters still had level 18 health rather than level 21 health.

The only character that my heart sinks upon seeing I've got is the "Dwarf" Ooze Priest. He just seems so useless.

I held this victory square for several rounds, thanks to the Cockroaches. They prevented the Lizardmen Darters and Burning Fiend couldn't get near me whilst also providing me with Bludgeons to hit the Storges with via Mimetic Armor.
    Cockroaches Are My New Best Friends.jpg

I thought I had this one in the bag until a Gnome Spearman used Pinning Spear Toss on my Human Warrior which a Magma Idol then followed up with a Hot Spot. Maps with VPs on feel noticeably easier than those without.
    Hooray for Victory Squares.jpg

The final battle and the boss turned out to be Greenfang, which I suspect is easy mode. However the fight ended with an incredibly tense game of chess between my lone Dwarf Wizard and two Guardians of Shadow.
    The Most Dangerous Game.jpg

The aftermath...
    Denouement.jpg

The Crown of Chaos! Oh, wait, everyitem means I've already got one :p
    The Crown of Chaos.jpg
    If only I could transfer this one onto the live server when CoC is released. Something tells me that would be too easy!

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nicely done!

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Run #2
    Total Time: 44 min (12 min in one battle with 2x bash priests and slimes with immunity to bash, had to whittle them down with a low-damage elf wizard)
    Battles Won: 5

Bah, I could've probably won battle six if not for a misclick that cost my last guy a crucial amount of HP.

Flaxative likes this.