Test Build 3.74.0 (23 Sep 2015)

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jon, Sep 23, 2015.

1. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

I think so far only DupleX has cleared CoC, so the completion at the moment is not actually higher than 1%.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well, 1/80 runs is higher than 1% (but yes, much lower than 2% lol).

3. 40c_rudy

40c_rudy Lizardman Priest

If you add the 10 runs that i did after your post and the couple of runs by other players, then the sample is near 100 ;)
    Will the version that you are working on at the moment be the final one, or it will be up for testing?

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Basically everything we do goes to the test server first. :)

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Are you going to post the PC decks or just make us figure them out ourselves?

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Most of them are in the premade parties store, but I'll probably post them somewhere at some point.

timeracers likes this.
  7. Assuming CoC is paid content, I think it's possible to assume some degree of competence. I'm not saying it shouldn't be easier though :p

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

CoC will probably be free.

9. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I freaking love these devs. Literally second Valve. Except more communicative.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We're hoping that the extremely good guaranteed loot encourages folks to buy Club membership :)

timeracers and Sir Veza like this.
  11. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Well...near guaranteed so long as you don't count Surprise Alabaster Dragon.

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Levels 8-10 are the only repeatable guaranteed epic drops in PvE, with 8-9 being in (I hope) a Surprise Alabaster Dragon-Free Zone.
    You might even get a Surprise! No Alabaster Dragon! on 10. :) Just a wimp troll & company. :cool:
    For those of us who expect be expending the vast majority of our efforts on repeats of 2-7, it should be noted that rares actually have a pretty good upgrade rate. I've already dropped a Relic Of St. Darqar. :rolleyes: :oops: :mad:

Flaxative and timeracers like this.
  13. Here are five maps who's setups were impossible to win:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] The sprites pot-shot you from a wide open space and you have no chance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Take 2 of the most useless priest characters and couple that with extremely poor draws on the warrior and you have a recipe for fail.

14. Killer74

Killer74 Hydra

I'd agree with you about 1 and 2 (although the elf vamp is my favourite), and possibly 4 depending on what the other character was, but 3 looks doable. 5 would be doable except for that annoying yellow vp. Had a round 9 on that map earlier today, and got beaten by those damn campers (nearly managed to get through in time, but not quite).

15. I got one of the squishies to the victory spot to pummel the pig, then at the start of the round it drew Fright.

16. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

The fifth map you showed there is glitched. There aren't supposed to be any VPs that the enemies can activate in the Caverns of Chaos and hopefully that will be fixed with the next iteration. Generally though, I've found that any time the RNG hands me two priests or wizards, my chances of winning tank dramatically. Half of these priests are useless and the sheer amount of enemies on a good deal of these maps means that a wizard heavy team gets overrun.

timeracers likes this.
  17. PurpleRed

PurpleRed Orc Soldier

Looking through these decks, the issues people have been talking about become apparent. Heres my take:

Stand out Under-Powered decks:
    1. All the priests (except the vampire). The priests have 6-8 attacks each, which is fine if you have only one of them and two warriors, but if you have two of them you are going to be woefully under resourced. Also none are really any good for buffing mages, no savage curses or more than 1 unholy wellspring.
    2. Human warrior (Stormbringers): This guy has the ooze ball costume? Spent all his tokens on barge and non-weapon slots. Noticeably less effective than other warriors.
    3. Human Mage (Mage hunters): Too much of the largely useless forgetfulness and counterspell. I drew two of these wizards once, was painful.

Decks for wins:
    1.Vampire priest (Vein Drinkers): We all know this guy. Really needs a support priest for the extra frenzies and has a tendency to self destruct with loner. Adequate vamp build overall though.
    2.Human Warrior (Vein Drinkers): Double edged sword + Flashing longspear. Both common choices when we can choose our own gear. Is he in CoC? Don't remember seeing him. Looks good though.
    3.Elf Warrior (Tezkal Elves): Sharp Spetum and Cautious mobility. Standard bejeweled elf variant:). Pretty sure it was this guy who has done almost all the damage in some of my battles.

Sir Veza likes this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The bottom halves of all the pics are corrupted when I view them. The first is the only one where I can determine the player's characters. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I drew 3 priests (no vamp) against weak enemies. I won, but it took about ten minutes to chase them all down and kill them.

19. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

The priests are best on maps with victory terrain, because all but the underpowered dwarf have some kind of card draw and/or nimbus. I won with three priests on level 8 against some very strong enemies just by hogging the points and leaving 6 enemies alive.

20. That is odd. Have you tried using another browser?